Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D-line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will have the most sacks this year?
Justin Smith
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Robert Geathers
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Who-dey

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: D-line Reply with quote

I'm feeling pretty confident with our linebackers ad db's. With the addition of Pollack and Thurman our back 7 are set. From what I've read Bresnahan mainly uses only 4 or 5 rushers and drops everyone else back in coverage. Do you agree with the moves he has made on the line(fliping sides on everyone) will help? And do you think the addition of Robinson will be that big of a factor against the run?

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be Smith. Geathers is very talented but with the switch he is going to be going up against the opposing sides best LT, typically the best O-line player on the team. With Smith on the other side and also in a contract year, its not a contest.

Prediction for sacks:
Smith 12
Geathers 7

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
theJ

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it'll probably be Smith, but look out for Pollack to get around 10 sacks or even more. One things for sure, these guys are going to cause problems for other teams.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With both Smith and Pollack on the left side it's going to be a case of which one do I block. Drool

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
Huge_Bengals_Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey
Quote:
With both Smith and Pollack on the left side it's going to be a case of which one do I block.

I agree with this I hope they just don't block either that would be great. But with simmons and geathers on the other side that will be pretty hard to block too.

The Bengals Will make the playoffs behind Palmer, Johnson, and Johnson
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge_Bengals_Fan wrote:
Who-dey
Quote:
With both Smith and Pollack on the left side it's going to be a case of which one do I block.

I agree with this I hope they just don't block either that would be great. But with simmons and geathers on the other side that will be pretty hard to block too.

Let's just say that there will be a lot of worried QBs coming into the jungle. Very Happy

I'm not sure if we will have a single player with a high sack total (more than Cool, but I can see a handful of guys getting 5 or 6 sacks.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
yeah, it'll probably be Smith, but look out for Pollack to get around 10 sacks or even more. One things for sure, these guys are going to cause problems for other teams.

True, I would love to see Pollack get into double digits, because that means likely DROY and recognition for the Stripes. Plus, if he has 10+ and the O lives up to its potential, that means the playoffs are on the horizon.

NOTE: H_B_F, nice sig.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
Huge_Bengals_Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank ya Cincinnati kid

I truly believe what the sig says too. If the offense does what they did last year and they have that year of improvement it will be spetacular to watch them this year.

With polluck on one side with smith and simmon and geathers on the other the deffense is looking really good too. Now we can only hope that a safety steps up like williams did last year to fill in the DB crew and we got one heck of a deffense going.

LOOK Shocked OUT Pittsburg and Baltimore the BENGALS are coming out of the jungle and looking for some prey.

The Bengals Will make the playoffs behind Palmer, Johnson, and Johnson
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge_Bengals_Fan wrote:
LOOK Shocked OUT Pittsburg and Baltimore the BENGALS are coming out of the jungle and looking for some prey.

And Cleveland. They were last place last year. This is a new year--everyone starts at 0-0 with 16 games ahead of them. In the NFL, any given team, on any given week...You all know how it can go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: