Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we run a 3-4??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Should we run a 3-4?? Reply with quote

You know I'm thinking we should experiment in trainning camp and in the preseason with the 3-4 at least to see if we can use it as a change up sometimes to throw teams off.

We don't have a big fatty in the middle, but We have 3 guys who could play that position, then we have a guy like Wynn who is a combo guy and really isn't a good DE, but would fit well in at the DE/DT combo spot they use in the 3-4, then have Daniels at the other DE, and have Arrington, or Washington rushing the passer. Then Holdman and Marshall could be the other LB's.

That way we could get our best players on the field and out best athletes, I thik it could improve our D. I think we have something like 11 Lbs on our roster right now or something, and we drafted 2 and now we signed Holdman...So what does everyone else think of this?
sootedpair

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the LBs for it, but we definitely don't have the lineman.
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about it as well. Perhaps Salave'a or Noble could play the NT position; they are both a little undersized, but they are tough, blue-collar types like Kelly Gregg, who was more than solid for the Ravens. Griffin and Wynn would be nice fits for the end position in the 3-4 as well. That said, it might be a nice change-up, but our DL just isn't designed for the two-gap technique.
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

LBs are excellent for 3-4 but your ends are to light.
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our DE's are fine as far as their size... Wynn is 295, and used to play some Dt at Jacksonville and with Daniels weighing 285, he could play the other DE, then we have Griffin who is 300 and then we work in Noble who is 305, Salevea' who is 295 and then we have Evans who is about 300. I think we have enough size, I mean we don't have a really big fatty, but I'm all about getting our 11 best athletes on the field at the same time. And we should have Arrington, Marshall, Holdman, and Washington on the field at the same time.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not just the size, its the talent and the power, to be succesful in the 3-4 we need powerful lineman to break through the doubleteams and still collapse the pocket to force the play to the outside where your speed and athelticism at linebacker really makes the package effective.

We certainly have the linebackers for the 3-4 but our DL really lack power at the point of attack and dont have the ability to control the o-line.
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno why change what was good for you guys last year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: