Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 4 Titans vs. Vikings (Mett show!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard is sick of Tommie Campbell's crap. Laughing
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 5980
Location: T.G.I.F (Thank God Im Fresh)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrews needs to make this team.
_________________

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrews might end up being good, I dunno, but every single year I think the Titans have a 4th string RB who dominates the pre-season. Nothing new for us, and those guys have never done anything worth noting, that I can recall, in the NFL. Laughing

I think Jackie Battle is the most successful one we've had that's done that.
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanJo33


Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Posts: 88
Location: Carthage,TN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Andrews makes the team his vision and footwork is on point.. Needs work on his blocking tho
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwoToneBlue


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 7042
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Andrews might end up being good, I dunno, but every single year I think the Titans have a 4th string RB who dominates the pre-season. Nothing new for us, and those guys have never done anything worth noting, that I can recall, in the NFL. Laughing

I think Jackie Battle is the most successful one we've had that's done that.


Blount? Don't know if he was 4th exactly or not.
_________________
"That's a piece of it.."
-Ken Whisenhunt's answer to life's hardest questions

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74517
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, preseason is over!
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10620
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that game was one of the most boring preseason games ever to me for some reason. I did enjoy the mettenberger to hunter throws and Andrews running but the defense was horrible and everything else was blah.

I know it was the back up show but blah. Just another reason why I'd like to see those 4th preseason game done away with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3907
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looking at it glass half full. The defense only allowed FGs after the opening TD this week. Rolling Eyes
I hope Horton's prediction that the "light will come on" by the 3rd or 4th game rings true. Pray
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VYoung10


Joined: 02 Oct 2008
Posts: 9147
Location: Billings-406
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Well looking at it glass half full. The defense only allowed FGs after the opening TD this week. Rolling Eyes
I hope Horton's prediction that the "light will come on" by the 3rd or 4th game rings true. Pray

Actually Horton said it will come on by the eighth game. 4 preseason and 4 regular season
_________________

2014 Adopt a Titan:
Bernard Pollard #31
Marc Mariani #83 - CUT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3907
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
lamont wrote:
Well looking at it glass half full. The defense only allowed FGs after the opening TD this week. Rolling Eyes
I hope Horton's prediction that the "light will come on" by the 3rd or 4th game rings true. Pray

Actually Horton said it will come on by the eighth game. 4 preseason and 4 regular season


That's what I was talking about the 4th game of the regular season, I should have made it clear. Embarassed
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1737
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better hope there's a bulb in the socket for the light TO come on by the Week 4. But it really won't make a bit of difference if we can't tackle any better than what we've had the misfortune of seeing this preseason.
Right now, I'm content with duping myself into believing that we've just been holding back, and are going to come out and tear a$$ right out of the gates in Week 1.

_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3907
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
We better hope there's a bulb in the socket for the light TO come on by the Week 4. But it really won't make a bit of difference if we can't tackle any better than what we've had the misfortune of seeing this preseason.
Right now, I'm content with duping myself into believing that we've just been holding back, and are going to come out and tear a$$ right out of the gates in Week 1.


The offense is going to have to outscore opponents. Shocked
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one way or the other, and this doesn't mean the defense won't be bad, is I know we haven't seen any of Horton's famed exotic blitzes. Just been generic BS all-preseason long, a lot of the time not even bothering with sending a blitz.

Even without those blitzes, though, Casey has been dominating his man on the line of scrimmage Twisted Evil
_________________
2014 Adopted Titans:

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 3907
Location: tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Well one way or the other, and this doesn't mean the defense won't be bad, is I know we haven't seen any of Horton's famed exotic blitzes. Just been generic BS all-preseason long, a lot of the time not even bothering with sending a blitz.

Even without those blitzes, though, Casey has been dominating his man on the line of scrimmage Twisted Evil


Dude, he made Jake Matthews looks so bad last week on a inside hand under move. SMH..
If he ever developed the infamous "Reggie White hump move", he would be unblockable. Shocked Laughing
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tonytitan


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 77
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The offense is going to have to outscore opponents.


The offense needs to run the football and keep our defense resting on the sidelines. It's bad enough to have a defense that's not dialed in. It's even worse to have a defense that's not dialed in and tired at the same time. If this defense is forced to play 70+ snaps per game it will collapse from exhaustion/injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group