Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Boone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5247/alex-boone

Quote:
NFL Networks' Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs are interesting in trading for 49ers holdout RG Alex Boone.

They should at least get something for him. Mike-Iupati is probably walking away from them as well.

I'm not gonna come in here and act like I know anything about Boone cuz I don't, but it sounds like he could definitely help our guard situation. Two things...

1. How good is this guy really?
2. Not having done anything with football this offseason really worries me about a potential injury.

I'd be happy to give a 3rd for the guy.

was one of the top guards in 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/10/secret-superstar-alex-boone/

A third round to me is fair and good for both sides. Any higher it is really pushing it as we are realistically are between a 6-9 win team meaning a top 18 pick or a top 38 pick in second round

Yeah that makes sense. Still though, the fact that he was in a power system in SF and we have a ZBS here worries me. The fact he has been sitting out camp worries me for injuries. And the fact that he is gonna want a big contract worries me.

Not that it matters but when was the last time you heard of a team winning the Super Bowl where 4 starting OL and 2 starting DL were free agent signings / traded for?

I think we can contend and make the wild card playoffs but we have to get something out of our OL. Maybe Boone is the answer, maybe he isn't.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5247/alex-boone

Quote:
NFL Networks' Ian Rapoport reports the Bucs are interesting in trading for 49ers holdout RG Alex Boone.

They should at least get something for him. Mike-Iupati is probably walking away from them as well.

I'm not gonna come in here and act like I know anything about Boone cuz I don't, but it sounds like he could definitely help our guard situation. Two things...

1. How good is this guy really?
2. Not having done anything with football this offseason really worries me about a potential injury.

I'd be happy to give a 3rd for the guy.

was one of the top guards in 2012.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/10/secret-superstar-alex-boone/

A third round to me is fair and good for both sides. Any higher it is really pushing it as we are realistically are between a 6-9 win team meaning a top 18 pick or a top 38 pick in second round

Yeah that makes sense. Still though, the fact that he was in a power system in SF and we have a ZBS here worries me. The fact he has been sitting out camp worries me for injuries. And the fact that he is gonna want a big contract worries me.

Not that it matters but when was the last time you heard of a team winning the Super Bowl where 4 starting OL and 2 starting DL were free agent signings / traded for?

I think we can contend and make the wild card playoffs but we have to get something out of our OL. Maybe Boone is the answer, maybe he isn't.

That's my feeling, i almost feel we should just roll with Edwards/Daniels and Omameh. If they succeed we got our guards, if they don't so be it. Trading a premium pick for a guard doesn't make a ton of sense in the long run. We need to develop talent for once

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our guards were putrid last week, and I think that a lot of us expected that, but it was still just one game. They have already put Jace Daniels into the starting lineup to mix things up. We'll see how that goes. Another poor showing this week could force their hand.

Honestly though, I wouldn't give up more than a 4th round pick for Boone. We would have to sign him to a pretty lucrative extension, and we still haven't extended McCoy. It would be tough to tie up that much money when you're top player isn't locked up long-term.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
marvalus386

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As niner fan chances are boones going nowhere. But it will take something good to get him the team is hi on him he's not hurt just wants and deserves more money. Just we don't pay hopd outs if he didn't hold out chances are he done been paid like others have. When he came out he was a great prospect but had a alcohol problem and we took a chance on him turning that around and he did. He was great at ohio state he's great for sf. He will get his money and quite frankly and no offense is better tham any player on your line. He has a good 7-8 years left easy. He's got a nasty ness to him like you want on the line. And he can play guard and tackle. If he left us then I would like one of the three florida teams to get him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: