Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JOSH GORDON ARRESTED AGAIN???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Rogers office phone number. 2124502027

Give him a call and leave a message. Not joking that's his number

I posted it on facebook earlier.

Even if i got the stage to say something to him, I have no clue what I'd say. The guys already made it clear that what we say doesn't mean crap to him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

its atleast in the right area code, thats for sure
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

its atleast in the right area code, thats for sure

Try it

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What REALLY pisses me off? MATT F'N PRATER!

Multiple DUIs! Driving under the influence causes innocent deaths everyday. He was also facing a year long suspension. REDUCED to 4 games.

Josh Gordon takes codeine (apparently from prescribed cough syrup), enters stage 3 of the program voluntarily to reduce his suspension. Smokes a little weed, or gets second hand smoke from someone near him. I don't care whether or not the codeine was prescribed or not. I don't care about him smoking weed.

If they were going to suspend him for the year, then do it for the DUI. That would make more sense to me.

But letting Matt Prater off with a 4 game suspension instead of his year for something far more dangerous is ridiculous! They were both in stage 3. It's illogical and crazy to me.

The NFL has to re-evaluate their stance on these cases.

DUIs are far more serious than smoking weed.
Beating a female is far more serious than smoking weed.
Rapists and Murderers tend to get off easier than someone using a recreational drug.
duke2056

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Well, I am annoyed with the process, but not remotely surprised by the outcome. Josh SHOULD have been suspended for the year based on the rules.

The rules are stupid, but they are the rules. The ridiculous rules on weed in the NFL are the biggest joke of jokes in history, but they are the rules.

I am incredibly upset, but I cant sit here and bad mouth the NFLs decision, just bad mouthing how long it took and how stupid they looked in the process.

It's also incredibly ironic because I GUARANTEE YOU in about 5-10 years Marijuana will not only be legal everywhere(and not banned by the NFL), but it will be ENCOURAGED by the NFL and league doctors rather than the harsher and more addictive painkillers in use right now.

I will cry tears in my drink this saturday at my buddies party, and will poor one out for my lost homey Josh Gordon. Hopefully I see ya halfway through 2015 bud.

i respect your opinion. however for me, when the league (commissioner Goodell) has the freedom to elect to alter the punishment handed down to Gordon, yet chooses to give him the maximum penalty per the policy, and has that SAME ability to lay down the law to something that the entire world other than India and third world countries where stealing bread is a major crime but marrying a man you love gets you stoned (no pun intended) and the father gets no punishment for it, because its just acceptable (sorry for the rant and farfetched relation of the situations), when Rice did what he did, and CHOSE to be lenient because the guy had no previous history of this. Thank God that Ray Rice never knowingly beat a woman up before. Where's the urine test to prove if this is true or not???

The fact that they used the CBA to uphold a penalty that is outdated and far too harsh, and used the lack of definition in the CBA to minimize the penalty Rice faced will be something that I will forever hold against the man and the league. The fact that there is a clear refusal of common sense when making determinations in matters like this will be something that I will never understand. The NFL's bible says it's a sin, so it's a sin.

The fact that the NFL and even the Browns aren't doing anything to explain the the mass of [inappropriate/removed] that this whole "if the dude could just stop smoking" is completely out of context is absurd as well. The guy was forced into the 1st stage of the program due to crap that happened before he was even a member of the league. That seems like BS in the first place.
Was placed into stage 2 of the program for codene in medicine he took without prior approval (another issue that the NFL fails to acknowledge, they prefer to lump everything into one big window to confuse all, so if you're gonna smoke weed, might as well do a line while you're at it, the penalty is all the same).
Hit stage 3 when he failed his first test for marijuana while in the NFL. you all know the test results.

Well, I never like to argue with the idea of "look what he got, he only got that, it's not fair".....line of thinking.

Point is, he is a repeat offender. Repeat offenders get worse punishment in the legal system as well. Speed 10 miles over the limit and get caught like 10 times and your license is gone longer than if you get a DUI.

Same thing where I work. Point system for attendance. I think like 18 points and you go into corrective actions. You get 1 point if you are a minute late. You get 3 points if you call off. So, if I am ONE minute late 18 times, I go into corrective action. Yet, anyone with half a brain would know that being ONE minute late 18 times is better than calling off a 12 hour shift, and in this case, being ONE minute late 18 times is apparently worse than calling off for FIVE 12 hour shifts.

I get the punishment, I understand it based on the rules.

The Ray Rice thing is dumb, but there isnt really precedent for beating your wife. We also don't know the whole story, so maybe SOMETHING in that story made them go with two games, who knows. I agree it shoulda been more, but I don't need to look at the RIce situation to make myself feel better about hating this decision by the league.

It really sucks, it just sucks all around. Gordon doesnt strike me as a bad dude AT ALL. It sucks for him, sucks for the Browns, sucks for Browns fans, and sucks for ALL fans cause Gordon is a stud and people love to watch him.

The leagues substance policies are set up to ruin the league. How sad is it that we are talking about frickin weed when we could be talking about FOOTBALL.

For all of you that think weed is some bad thing, YOU ARE ALL A JOKE AND CLUELESSSS!!!! Get yourself educated regarding the benefits of responsible usage for certain things. And as I said before, the league will recognize this and adjust, unfortunately they aren't doing it YET.

I dont even know what I am freeking talking about anymore. My mind is going 80 different directions over this crap.

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
duke2056

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:

Multiple DUIs! Driving under the influence causes innocent deaths everyday. He was also facing a year long suspension. REDUCED to 4 games.

Josh Gordon takes codeine (apparently from prescribed cough syrup), enters stage 3 of the program voluntarily to reduce his suspension. Smokes a little weed, or gets second hand smoke from someone near him. I don't care whether or not the codeine was prescribed or not. I don't care about him smoking weed.

If they were going to suspend him for the year, then do it for the DUI. That would make more sense to me.

But letting Matt Prater off with a 4 game suspension instead of his year for something far more dangerous is ridiculous! They were both in stage 3. It's illogical and crazy to me.

Rapists and Murderers tend to get off easier than someone using a recreational drug.

Eating fast food is more serious than weed.
Cigs are way worse.
Anything alcohol is way worse.
All painkillers approved by the league are worse.

Again, I cant crap on the ruling too much for the Gordon-specific case because the rules say this is what should happen.

But these rules and punishments look like they were written by Mr Magoo back in 1940

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
EL Brownso wrote:

Eating fast food is more serious than weed.
Cigs are way worse.
Anything alcohol is way worse.
All painkillers approved by the league are worse.

Again, I cant crap on the ruling too much for the Gordon-specific case because the rules say this is what should happen.

But these rules and punishments look like they were written by Mr Magoo back in 1940

And prater said he only had 1 beer and the league believed him.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="duke2056"][quote="H2ThaIzzo"]
duke2056 wrote:

Same thing where I work. Point system for attendance. I think like 18 points and you go into corrective actions. You get 1 point if you are a minute late. You get 3 points if you call off. So, if I am ONE minute late 18 times, I go into corrective action. Yet, anyone with half a brain would know that being ONE minute late 18 times is better than calling off a 12 hour shift, and in this case, being ONE minute late 18 times is apparently worse than calling off for FIVE 12 hour shifts.
As a manager, I completely disagree. If you are one minute late 18 times, that shows a pattern which establishes a lack of accountability, both for you, and your manager. If you call off a shift because your sick, that's understandable. That's not a pattern. That doesn't display a lack of accountability.

That's really what's at issue here, is the lack of accountability for Gordon, and he continues to display it, even in his press release.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Superman(DH23)"][quote="duke2056"]
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

As a manager, I completely disagree. If you are one minute late 18 times, that shows a pattern which establishes a lack of accountability, both for you, and your manager. If you call off a shift because your sick, that's understandable. That's not a pattern. That doesn't display a lack of accountability.

That's really what's at issue here, is the lack of accountability for Gordon, and he continues to display it, even in his press release.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:

Blame the NFLPA who represents Gordon as well then. They agreed to this stupid policy.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
Well, I am annoyed with the process, but not remotely surprised by the outcome. Josh SHOULD have been suspended for the year based on the rules.

The rules are stupid, but they are the rules. The ridiculous rules on weed in the NFL are the biggest joke of jokes in history, but they are the rules.

I am incredibly upset, but I cant sit here and bad mouth the NFLs decision, just bad mouthing how long it took and how stupid they looked in the process.

It's also incredibly ironic because I GUARANTEE YOU in about 5-10 years Marijuana will not only be legal everywhere(and not banned by the NFL), but it will be ENCOURAGED by the NFL and league doctors rather than the harsher and more addictive painkillers in use right now.

I will cry tears in my drink this saturday at my buddies party, and will poor one out for my lost homey Josh Gordon. Hopefully I see ya halfway through 2015 bud.

i respect your opinion. however for me, when the league (commissioner Goodell) has the freedom to elect to alter the punishment handed down to Gordon, yet chooses to give him the maximum penalty per the policy, and has that SAME ability to lay down the law to something that the entire world other than India and third world countries where stealing bread is a major crime but marrying a man you love gets you stoned (no pun intended) and the father gets no punishment for it, because its just acceptable (sorry for the rant and farfetched relation of the situations), when Rice did what he did, and CHOSE to be lenient because the guy had no previous history of this. Thank God that Ray Rice never knowingly beat a woman up before. Where's the urine test to prove if this is true or not???

The fact that they used the CBA to uphold a penalty that is outdated and far too harsh, and used the lack of definition in the CBA to minimize the penalty Rice faced will be something that I will forever hold against the man and the league. The fact that there is a clear refusal of common sense when making determinations in matters like this will be something that I will never understand. The NFL's bible says it's a sin, so it's a sin.

The fact that the NFL and even the Browns aren't doing anything to explain the the mass of [inappropriate/removed] that this whole "if the dude could just stop smoking" is completely out of context is absurd as well. The guy was forced into the 1st stage of the program due to crap that happened before he was even a member of the league. That seems like BS in the first place.
Was placed into stage 2 of the program for codene in medicine he took without prior approval (another issue that the NFL fails to acknowledge, they prefer to lump everything into one big window to confuse all, so if you're gonna smoke weed, might as well do a line while you're at it, the penalty is all the same).
Hit stage 3 when he failed his first test for marijuana while in the NFL. you all know the test results.

Well, I never like to argue with the idea of "look what he got, he only got that, it's not fair".....line of thinking.

Point is, he is a repeat offender. Repeat offenders get worse punishment in the legal system as well. Speed 10 miles over the limit and get caught like 10 times and your license is gone longer than if you get a DUI.

The Ray Rice thing is dumb, but there isnt really precedent for beating your wife. We also don't know the whole story, so maybe SOMETHING in that story made them go with two games, who knows. I agree it shoulda been more, but I don't need to look at the RIce situation to make myself feel better about hating this decision by the league.

It really sucks, it just sucks all around. Gordon doesnt strike me as a bad dude AT ALL. It sucks for him, sucks for the Browns, sucks for Browns fans, and sucks for ALL fans cause Gordon is a stud and people love to watch him.

The leagues substance policies are set up to ruin the league. How sad is it that we are talking about frickin weed when we could be talking about FOOTBALL.

For all of you that think weed is some bad thing, YOU ARE ALL A JOKE AND CLUELESSSS!!!! Get yourself educated regarding the benefits of responsible usage for certain things.
And as I said before, the league will recognize this and adjust, unfortunately they aren't doing it YET.

I dont even know what I am freeking talking about anymore. My mind is going 80 different directions over this crap.

Your ridiculous diatribes on the benefits of marijuana are a joke. There is a reason that it has been illegal for years. To say the benefits outweigh the problems they cause is just plain stupid.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

For all of you that think weed is some bad thing, YOU ARE ALL A JOKE AND CLUELESSSS!!!! Get yourself educated regarding the benefits of responsible usage for certain things.
And as I said before, the league will recognize this and adjust, unfortunately they aren't doing it YET.

Your ridiculous diatribes on the benefits of marijuana are a joke. There is a reason that it has been illegal for years. To say the benefits outweigh the problems they cause is just plain stupid.

well, the majority of america disagrees with you, and so do two states.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

lol 2 states

You are the math guy. How many states are there?

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
duke2056 wrote:

lol 2 states

You are the math guy. How many states are there?

i also know that a majority is greater than 50%
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:

There is a reason that it has been illegal for years.

There is, but it may not be the reasons you think.

Either way, the topic at hand is not for discussion here on Footballs Future. There are other forums on the internet you can use to discuss this topic.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57

Jump to: