Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Jets Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7764
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Rex said Stephen Hill will play on Thursday. Could mean hes on the roster bubble.
If he can't show up on Thursday against 2nd and 3rd stringers, he deserves to be cut


I'd hate to admit it, but that could be the case. I believe Simms will get him the ball and give him his chances.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 670
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think Coples could turn out to be our next Bryan Thomas? Might not turn out to be the pass rushing menace we all want and hope for, but will get his occasional sacks and just be a solid, stout player. He makes a lot of plays against the run, much like BT.

Could he turn the corner (no pun intended) and figure out some stand up/hand in the dirt pass rush moves? Sure, but I just feel like his trajectory has him turning into a BT type player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3611
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
Anyone else think Coples could turn out to be our next Bryan Thomas? Might not turn out to be the pass rushing menace we all want and hope for, but will get his occasional sacks and just be a solid, stout player. He makes a lot of plays against the run, much like BT.

Could he turn the corner (no pun intended) and figure out some stand up/hand in the dirt pass rush moves? Sure, but I just feel like his trajectory has him turning into a BT type player.

He has more physical talent than BT. I like what I've seen from him this preseason.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
Rex said Stephen Hill will play on Thursday. Could mean hes on the roster bubble.
If he can't show up on Thursday against 2nd and 3rd stringers, he deserves to be cut


I'd hate to admit it, but that could be the case. I believe Simms will get him the ball and give him his chances.




As bad as Hill has been, if he can't get it going against scrubs then it really is time to cut him.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 670
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
mikejets22 wrote:
Anyone else think Coples could turn out to be our next Bryan Thomas? Might not turn out to be the pass rushing menace we all want and hope for, but will get his occasional sacks and just be a solid, stout player. He makes a lot of plays against the run, much like BT.

Could he turn the corner (no pun intended) and figure out some stand up/hand in the dirt pass rush moves? Sure, but I just feel like his trajectory has him turning into a BT type player.

He has more physical talent than BT. I like what I've seen from him this preseason.


BT was a pretty physical specimen when he was young - didn't he run like a sub 4.5 40? Not saying I don't like what I've seen, because I have. I just don't know if he's going to be the PR we need. I just see similarities between the two is all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 2544
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Stephen Hill is really gonna get a 1 game job audition this Thursday. If he doesn't show he's better than most players on the field, he's a goner. Salas looks great though. Decker, Nelson, Kerley, Salas and Saunders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4671
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Ya Stephen Hill is really gonna get a 1 game job audition this Thursday. If he doesn't show he's better than most players on the field, he's a goner. Salas looks great though. Decker, Nelson, Kerley, Salas and Saunders.
Add Hakim to that list. He's going to be our starting KR.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 2544
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i forgot him. He's been a beast on coverage on ST as well.

Last edited by Bobby816 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7764
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier this month I said Saalim Hakim would be a threat for the final WR position.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harris Smith


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1503
Location: Totowa, NJ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
mikejets22 wrote:
Anyone else think Coples could turn out to be our next Bryan Thomas? Might not turn out to be the pass rushing menace we all want and hope for, but will get his occasional sacks and just be a solid, stout player. He makes a lot of plays against the run, much like BT.

Could he turn the corner (no pun intended) and figure out some stand up/hand in the dirt pass rush moves? Sure, but I just feel like his trajectory has him turning into a BT type player.

He has more physical talent than BT. I like what I've seen from him this preseason.


BT was a pretty physical specimen when he was young - didn't he run like a sub 4.5 40? Not saying I don't like what I've seen, because I have. I just don't know if he's going to be the PR we need. I just see similarities between the two is all.


I get the feeling Coples is on his way to being an upgraded version of Calvin Pace. I think he's going to wind up playing SOLB, be a superior run defender, and get his fair share of sacks/pressures. Bryan Thomas just couldn't handle that role. He had to play weak side, and while good as he was as run defender, he wasn't good enough as a pass rusher to be considered a great player in that role either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 2544
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Coples looked pretty good Friday. Richardson stood out too. Our DLine we all know will be great. And we have depth there. Our linebackers I like a lot too. Coples I think can get to 10+ sacks if he stays healthy. Harris and Davis are a great ILB combo and Pace is a good vet. I think Landry will be better this season and Pryor looks like a maniac out there flying all over the place. I expect him to make some rookie mistakes but his skill set is an upgrade. It's the whole CB spot that has questions. Will Milliner be healthy, and even if healthy can he be a #1 CB. Where do we put AA at CB or safety? Then who is our #2 CB to AWOL Patterson? Walls? Wilson needs to step up as the vet CB as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saalim Hakim = faster Wallace Wright
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ganggreen1102


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1262
Location: 914
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Saalim Hakim = faster Wallace Wright


If he could catch he would be a nice speed #5 receiver, something we wanted out of Jacoby Ford.
_________________
rampantjet wrote:
You lost me at "falling Sammy Watkins" there is no way he falls, unless a sniper kneecaps him during his 40, and Watkins momentum might get him a 4.4 40 anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abe56


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 7902
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential P to sign, Colton Schmidt. Had led the preseason in net avg, 4 of his 7 punts have been inside the 20.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...NG_NET_AVERAGE


49ers didn't need him since their P Andy Lee, is one of the best in the NFL.
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Muhammad Wilkerson

39 Tackles, 4.5 Sacks, 14 QB Hits, 7 Stuffs, 3 PD



Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 4671
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini believes the Jets should and will try and trade WR Stephen Hill.
We doubt Hill would fetch more than a late-round pick, but he has all the measurables at 6'4/215 with 4.36 wheels. Unfortunately, Hill's hands are made of stone, while his body has yet to hold up in the NFL. Ex-GM Mike Tannenbaum made Hill the 43rd overall pick in the 2012 draft. Hill has missed nine games in two seasons, and has just 45 career grabs for 594 yards and four scores to his name. He has just two catches for 29 yards this preseason. If the Jets can't unload Hill via trade, there's a very real chance he's part of their final cuts.

Quote:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 32m

Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.

_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 30 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group