Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Jets at best are a question mark!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: The Jets at best are a question mark! Reply with quote

Okay, what do we have here? We have a defense which should keep us in each and every game (d-line).

We have a Swiss cheese secondary( no one really knows how things would have turned out even if there were no injuries).

We have a second year QB who was rated dead last in the league and a capable back up who could dislodge the starter.

We have a former great RB, who the Jets are hoping can return to his former self or shadow of his former self.

Lastly we have a GM who moves as fast as the Titanic getting out of the way of an iceberg when it comes to signing quality players!

Why?

Because he is a numbers guy, period.

Sooooo, where does this all leave the Jets?

Well, there are 3 scenarios I can think of.

1. Geno comes back and has a good year, C.J. Plays somewhat like his old self and the Jets surprise the entire league.

2. Geno has gotten better but is not the answer, M.V. Replaces him and the Jets just get in the playoff door.

3. The jets are a lottery pick team

I'm hoping for number one, but keeping an open mind to just what we have.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly can't see this team any worse than a 7-9 team. One thing we have going for us is that we unlike pretty much every other team don't rely on 1 or 2 players. So no injury or poor performance can ruin this team. We def. don't have the talent to pull off a 13-3 12-4 type season, but I highly doubt people would bet against us going 10-6. The biggest things this team needs to do is get pressure on the QB to help a subpar CB group right now. Stuff the run like last season. Cause turnovers. Better decision making at QB. Be a threat in the passing game. Lastly run the ball like a top 5 running team. If we can achieve the majority of these, we will be no worse than 8-8 IMO.
KBS756

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see barring a serious injury plaguing our season how we could ever be a lottery pick team. We will have at the very least an above average defense, assuming our corners never pan out. And our offense cannot possibly be worse then last year Geno will be better and he will have a couple more legitimate weapons.

Raiders W
Packers L
Bears L
Lions W
Chargers W
Broncos L
Patriots W
Bills W
Chiefs L
Steelers W
Bills W
Dolphins L
Vikings W
Titans W
Patriots L
Dolphins W

I count 9 to 10 Wins I expect us to get barring a crippling injury... No way we pick in the top 5 picks

Don't see how we could be worse then the 8-8 mark
NY state of min

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gonna surprise this year. 11-5

Wins - Oak, Mia twice, NE, Buf, KC, Den (upset win), Det, Chi, Min, Pit

Loses - Buf, NE, Ten, GB, SD

Thanks to IDOG Detroit for the sig

What do Bucs and Jets fans have in common? They hate the dolphins.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, have to be a little realistic. This team has just as much a chance to win 6 games as it does 10. There's questions on the defensive side of the ball like the secondary and lack of pass rush. And the offense obviously has a lot to prove. If things shake out well we could win 10. But 5-6 wins is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be more optimistic or pessimistic after I see how our starters do against the giant starters.

My biggest concerns are the offensive line and the cbs. With Babin, I hope they finally have someone to rush the passer and push Coples. If not I really hope Troy Davis gets a chance.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not to late to pick up someone who can help us in the secondary if it's needed.

There is a lot riding on Geno, but Vick is our insurance. So I'm not to worried about that this season. I said we were a playoff team as soon as we signed vick.

We have 2 great RB's and 2 good RB's with Richardson added. CJ fits Marty's system well. I think we have #1 rushing offense potential if we run the ball enough.

Our GM actually signed who most ranked as the #1 QB, RB, and WR in free agency. Even signed a 7 sack DE as a back up. Idzik isn't going to spend it because he have the money, he's thinking long term. Tanny didn't think long term.

If we find the right CB or one of our own step up this season, we'll win at least 9 games.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Idzik considered a numbers guy

He's held multiple front office positions including starting out as a scout
richie jets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every year is a question mark .with the exception of 2010 , and 1999 i cant remember in my life when when this team was supposed to be a deadlock playoff team . i feel were way ahead of where we were last year .

1 the corner issue is this bad because of injuries (3 top guys got hurt)
2 we have way more weapons than any year since 2010 . last 2 years it was high school level talent.
3 the o line looked really good
4 coples ,babin ,barnes i feel will pit some pressure on the edge that we haven't had since rex been here
5 If we stink but geno steps up and plays good were going into next year way under the cap in position to turn this team around over night .
DHarvey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topic and thoughtful posts. Like most Jet fans I'm hoping for a playoff spot while cringing the possibility of 5 to 6 wins. My thoughts are:
1)without a doubt we must establish a strong running game if for no other reason than to keep the other side's offense off the field
2)In order to achieve the run game the O-line needs to show a lot more than we have seen in pre-season to date..but I'm hoping what we have seen is plain vanilla blocking schemes with the better stuff to come during the regular season
3) Geno has an excellent group of receivers..he just has to get the ball to them
4)Our porous secondary has to come up with a fix or we are ferscrewed.

fingers crossed
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Why is Idzik considered a numbers guy

He's held multiple front office positions including starting out as a scout

Plus he actually played the game too. He is thought to be a "numbers guy" incorrectly, because that was mostly his role with the Seahawks. But I feel pretty good with him overall as GM. He's not the same as Tanny, who was purely a numbers guy and never evaluated talent before becoming our GM.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Idzik has a 3-4 year plan to build with youth and add vets where needed. Over the next couple of years we'll have a ton of cap space so I'm pretty sure we'll start spending some of that money next year.

I think he got us enough talent this year to be respectable. After watching the Giant game I feel a lot better about our offensive line. Also our d line showed a decent pass rush and I'm sure they will still be a top team against the run. The cb play could be a problem but if Milliner comes back we could be ok there with him and Walls. I worry about Wison but maybe we play more 3 safties.

I don't think Rex was in Idzik's long term plans but there doesn't seem to be any bad blood between them so if we win 9 games this year I expect Rex will benefit from next years spending.
FrankJets

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CB Position really has me concerned. Rodgers, Brady, and Manning are gonna kill us if this is not addressed
richie jets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted here instead of starting a negative thread that will be locked in 10 minutes. Now a queston mark would be good. this team is a disaster in the making the only good that will come out of this seson is eric decker, jace amaro ,and a very high draft slot. the only thing we can do is not watch or go to the games which im sure will happen once there 1-6.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: