Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Holloman retiring from NFL due to neck injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Wouldn't pencil in McClain as a lock to start at MLB. As he can't seem to stay on the field, and David Moore pointed out yesterday he is still not in game shape. And while talking with him after the Baltimore game he stated that he "had" to play football rather than wanting to play football which made him doubt McClain desire to play. Considering he has already quit twice isn't a good sign. I'm just hesitant to have any confidence in the guy. IMHO

I can agree with this. I see it being:

Carter
Durant
Wilber

to open the season

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studcrackers wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Prayers are a foregone conclusion at this point. I get that injuries happen, but it is just so frustrating that most of ours seem to be the season ending kind. I'm not just talking about this season, I am including seasons past. My God this team is jinxed!

In many cases, Holloman excluded, we bring it on ourselves by continually drafting players who have well established injury histories in college as a means of manufacturing "value" for the player. Except for the fact that they're never on the field, and we often trade up for those players, so we lose multiple times in multiple ways.

#qualityGMwork

outside of lee, what players have we traded up for recently with "well established injury histories"?

I am interested in this as well. Carter had an ACL injury, I believe, but it hasnt resurfaced in the NFL. I cant really think of any other premium pick the last 5 years that was injury prone.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Prayers are a foregone conclusion at this point. I get that injuries happen, but it is just so frustrating that most of ours seem to be the season ending kind. I'm not just talking about this season, I am including seasons past. My God this team is jinxed!

In many cases, Holloman excluded, we bring it on ourselves by continually drafting players who have well established injury histories in college as a means of manufacturing "value" for the player. Except for the fact that they're never on the field, and we often trade up for those players, so we lose multiple times in multiple ways.

#qualityGMwork

outside of lee, what players have we traded up for recently with "well established injury histories"?

I am interested in this as well. Carter had an ACL injury, I believe, but it hasnt resurfaced in the NFL. I cant really think of any other premium pick the last 5 years that was injury prone.

Yeah...

Within the last 5 years...

2014 - Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Anthony Hitchens, Devin Street, Ben Gardner, Will Smith, Ahmad Dixon, Ken Bishop, Terrance Mitchell

2013 - Travis Frederick, Gavin Escobar, Terrance Williams, J.J. Wilcox, B.W. Webb, Joseph Randle, DeVonte Holloman

2012 - Morris Claiborne, Tyrone Crawford, Kyle Wilber, Matt Johnson, Danny Coale, James Hanna, Caleb McSurdy

2011 - Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter, DeMarco Murray, David Arkin, Josh Thomas, Dwayne Harris, Shaun Chapas

2010 - Dez Bryant, Sean Lee, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Sam Young, Jamar Wall, Sean Lissemore

Guys in bold are players who had either one injury or multiple injuries in college. The only players selected with high picks with an injury history were Lee, Carter and I guess you could throw Murray in there as well.

^^^Deadpulse
atran35

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...why is Bruce Carter having so many problems in this 4-3 scheme?
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hitchens handled all first-team reps at middle linebacker in Thursday's practice and is expected to play 2-to-3 quarters Saturday in Miami, Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News reports.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Cowboys31

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need to stop picking injury prone players hoping things will change. But still, we have the worst of luck with injuries..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple notes on that Des - I thought I read that Murray, although he did have some injuries, only missed like 1 game in his entire college career. Also - Matt Johnson had injuries.

Either way, anyone who has ever played more than a season of football has sustained some sort of injury. Only a few of those guys have had major injuries (IE - needing surgery and missing majority of the season.)
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news. I hope he recovers and can resume a normal life. Wish him the best.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Couple notes on that Des - I thought I read that Murray, although he did have some injuries, only missed like 1 game in his entire college career. Also - Matt Johnson had injuries.

Either way, anyone who has ever played more than a season of football has sustained some sort of injury. Only a few of those guys have had major injuries (IE - needing surgery and missing majority of the season.)

I thought Johnson had injuries...didn't see them listed on his Wiki page. Murray did suffer a dislocated knee cap late in his freshman year at OU which forced him to miss the rest of the year and did miss two games his junior year.

Just a side note...and I know, "if ifs and buts..." but looking back on the past drafts, in 2011 we took Josh Thomas who never turned out. Eleven spots later a certain CB by the name of Richard Sherman came off the board...

^^^Deadpulse
BloodOps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This defense will be ugly to watch all year.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holloman needs spinal fusion surgery of the C-3 and C-4 vertebrae and the C-4 and C-5 vertabrae!

Ouch!!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

#qualityGMwork

Yeah...

2014 - Zack Martin, DeMarcus Lawrence, Anthony Hitchens, Devin Street, Ben Gardner, Will Smith, Ahmad Dixon, Ken Bishop, Terrance Mitchell

2013 - Travis Frederick, Gavin Escobar, Terrance Williams, J.J. Wilcox, B.W. Webb, Joseph Randle, DeVonte Holloman

2012 - Morris Claiborne, Tyrone Crawford, Kyle Wilber, Matt Johnson, Danny Coale, James Hanna, Caleb McSurdy

2011 - Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter, DeMarco Murray, David Arkin, Josh Thomas, Dwayne Harris, Shaun Chapas

2010 - Dez Bryant, Sean Lee, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Sam Young, Jamar Wall, Sean Lissemore

Guys in bold are players who had either one injury or multiple injuries in college. The only players selected with high picks with an injury history were Lee, Carter and I guess you could throw Murray in there as well.

You forgot to include Matt Johnson. The heralded 4th round "savior" who has yet to take an NFL snap.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Holloman needs spinal fusion surgery of the C-3 and C-4 vertebrae and the C-4 and C-5 vertabrae!

Ouch!!!!

That's really only a two level fusion. It's no joke to be sure but fairly common.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
studcrackers wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

#qualityGMwork

Yeah...

You forgot to include Matt Johnson. The heralded 4th round "savior" who has yet to take an NFL snap.
d

Oh yeah - that's the straw that broke the camels back... that dang GM and his love for injured players... bah hum bug

Sig courtesy of mack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: