Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT XIV: Washing Romo's Love Sack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
For the last 5 years, I've been paying for a AT&T cell phone family plan that has me, mom and dad on it. Dad is still using an old flip phone, doesn't text and doesn't want to upgrade. Mom, started texting about 2 years ago when I upgraded her from flip phone to slider phone. She told me a couple of weeks ago that she'd like a new smart phone. Being the nice son that I am, I decided to get her one and it should be delivered today or Monday. I'm not quite nice enough to spend big bucks on it though. Laughing I ordered her a LG G2 for $1 through Best Buy. Seeing as how she is technologically illiterate, I already know that every other day for the next month, I'm going to be getting a text as soon as I get home. I'll have to walk next door and figure out what the crap she's screwed up.

Y'all probably think I'm exaggerating a wee bit. Nope. When my parents bought a surround sound system for their living room, I installed it for them and had to write detailed, step-by-step directions on paper for them to be able to use it. Stuff like...

1. Turn on TV, DirecTV and Surround Sound Box.
2. On TV remote, hit input until you see HDMI1 for DirecTV or HDMI2 for Blu-Ray.
3. On Surround Sound Box remote, hit input until you see TV for DirecTV or Aux for Blu-Ray.

I went step by step for all of their components and they figured it out after a couple of weeks. How bad are my parents with electronic gizmos? Once, mom called to say there was something wrong with the TV in their bedroom. She couldn't get it to work at all. I went over, pushed power on the remote, nothing happened. I pushed it again, noticed the light on the remote didn't come on, asked for 2 new batteries, replaced them and everything worked just fine. I am in an ongoing battle with them over the use of their computer. I am thisclose to making them standard users with no power to change settings and making myself the only administrator on it. It seems like once a week something has been screwed up or they jjust don't understand something. Dad somehow changed the resolution on the monitor and they didn't know how he did it or how to fix it. They are currently locked out of their Hotmail accounts. I get to fix that for them tomorrow.

I can't wait to start doing the same for her Smart Phone. Rolling Eyes Dear Lord, please grant me the patience needed to not bludgeon my mother with her new phone.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh HT. Good luck with that.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never buy someone who sucks at technology an android. That's a nightmare waiting to happen.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
I would never buy someone who sucks at technology an android. That's a nightmare waiting to happen.

Well, I sure as hell wasn't going to buy her an iCrap. The only other option was a Windows phone. Since she has shown an inability to figure out a windows pc, I wasn't about to get her a windows phone. At least with an android, I am already very familiar with the operating system and can show her how to use it fairly simply.

Cowboys Forum Ring of Honor Class of 2013
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
NY help:

Im going back to NYC next month. I have a conference on 9/11-12 and again on 9/15-16 that will be paid for by work. I am considering staying over that weekend (9/12-9/15). But those nights will be on my dime. My thought is to not stay in Manhattan, but instead travel somewhere outside of the city. Ive only ever been in NYC, so it would be cool to explore somewhere for a weekend.

Any recommendations? Only real preference is to not pay the $400/night that it cost to stay in NYC. I would be open to seeing either a Yankees or Giants/Jets game. Or a concert? Or Comedy Show? Whatever really.

Paged
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
NY help:

Im going back to NYC next month. I have a conference on 9/11-12 and again on 9/15-16 that will be paid for by work. I am considering staying over that weekend (9/12-9/15). But those nights will be on my dime. My thought is to not stay in Manhattan, but instead travel somewhere outside of the city. Ive only ever been in NYC, so it would be cool to explore somewhere for a weekend.

Any recommendations? Only real preference is to not pay the $400/night that it cost to stay in NYC. I would be open to seeing either a Yankees or Giants/Jets game. Or a concert? Or Comedy Show? Whatever really.

Paged

So your company is willing to fly you up there and back twice, but not foot the bill for 3 days hotel in exchange for two flights?

When we went to NYC for a week, we spent 4 days in Manhattan and 3 days in Brooklyn - the Brooklyn hotel was a Holiday Inn I believe about 2 blocks or so from Juniors and was about $100/night

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way they think.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God that sounds good

^^^Deadpulse
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
NY help:

Paged

So your company is willing to fly you up there and back twice, but not foot the bill for 3 days hotel in exchange for two flights?

When we went to NYC for a week, we spent 4 days in Manhattan and 3 days in Brooklyn - the Brooklyn hotel was a Holiday Inn I believe about 2 blocks or so from Juniors and was about $100/night

Blame the SEC/Finra. Rules is rules.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

I like the way they think.

Where are you? Obviously some place awesome. Jack and Coke and a Tigerhawk in the background.

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't take the pic. Just posted something a buddy sent me. Not sure where he got it.

htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of you have smokers. Have any of you ever made your own chipotles? Mom and dad's garden produced a lot of jalapenos. I've got about 18-24 red, ripe jalapenos that I want to turn into chipotles. Any tips?

Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booze.... check.

Star wars.... check.

Cookie monster.... check.

I see little has changed. HOW THE HELL IS EVERYONE DOING?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Booze.... check.

Star wars.... check.

We've missed you.

^^^Deadpulse
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Booze.... check.

Star wars.... check.

What's up? Long time no post. We were starting to think that either you didn't love us anymore or your new liver came in and you were off breaking it in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 52 of 97

Jump to: