Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy outlook for 49ers players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Fantasy outlook for 49ers players Reply with quote

Hey guys, doing my fantasy prep.

Can you tell me what kind of a season you expect Vernon Davis to have? Will he do better than last year?

Also, are any of your players expected to have a better season than last year? I ask because there is more talent at the skill positions, meaning less balls for everyone
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis very well may be our TD leader once again, but he won't have the same type of season as last year. Crabtree and Boldin will get more targets but I think Davis should still have a very solid year. We do have more weapons as you stated, and this team still will run the ball more than most.

I think Crabtree is in store for a pretty big season. I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the 1100 yards and 9-10 TD range.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, this is a hard year to forecast the 49ers for fantasy points, because they could end up doing so many different things. I think the safest bet is Vernon (since at the very least, he'll be a top 5-7 fantasy TE), but beyond that, everyone else has some level of uncertainty to go along with them. Crabtree is probably the best bet, as he's been Kaepernick's favorite target, and when Kaepernick has had both Crabtree and Davis on the field together, his numbers have been solid, too. Boldin might dip to around 800-900 yards with newer options, making him a flex play/3rd WR option. I wouldn't trust the other receivers on my fantasy team at the moment.

Running-wise, Frank Gore is a risky play if this is the year we finally platoon someone with him. If he plays full-time, I imagine he'll get close to last year's numbers. Carlos Hyde is probably more worthwhile stashing, as many of us expect his load to greatly increase toward the end of the year.

Also something to keep in mind for the fantasy player - 2 of our late season, fantasy-playoffs-impacting games are going to be against Seattle, where our offense notoriously struggles. In those games, just about nobody will be an effective fantasy play, and that's when you'll need producers.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only niner I'm really high on from a fantasy perspective is Kaepernick. He's not quite in my top 10 qbs, but I'm okay with him as my starter. I think that the niners will open the offense more this year, plus healthy crabs, plus his running...I could see him as a top 5 fantasy qb if you get credit for the rushing.

Im big on crabs and his adp is lower than it should be. Very under appreciated receiver. I've gotten him in all my drafts but one because he's going to low.

Davis for me is too inconsistent and td reliant to me to justify his draft position in comparison to guys like Rudolph and olsen. He's not going to score enough points to justify the gronk or graham treatment. He doesn't give you a clear cut advantage at the position. Based on his adp, he's an easy avoid.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: