Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Boone trade value
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a guy like Kap, he needs better guards than tackles. Mobile QBs could dodge the outside rushers, but pressure from the inside is something you can't account for.

But anyways, if Looney plays well then the loss will not be that big.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I wouldn't, letting him go would mean we will have to likely re-sign Iupati. And if we don't, then both our Pro Bowl guards would departure. I mean we all think Thomas is going to be a stud, but that is no guarantee.

Isn't Kaep the kind of QB that we don't need to have top-shelf OL for? I mean, we already have top-shelf OTs.

kick arse, kick arse, I dont care if ceap can do it with his legs, I want to kick arse. Boone is the kind of guy I want, and unlike upaiitititititititi he can swing to tackle whenever needed and will be cheaper due do the hype coming into the league, keep this kick arse mo fo.

Thanks y2 for the sig - and it has nothing to do with the trash who wore number 32 (I had to look it up, he will stay unnamed).
FG21_PW52

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burlow wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I wouldn't, letting him go would mean we will have to likely re-sign Iupati. And if we don't, then both our Pro Bowl guards would departure. I mean we all think Thomas is going to be a stud, but that is no guarantee.

Isn't Kaep the kind of QB that we don't need to have top-shelf OL for? I mean, we already have top-shelf OTs.

kick arse, kick arse, I dont care if ceap can do it with his legs, I want to kick arse. Boone is the kind of guy I want, and unlike upaiitititititititi he can swing to tackle whenever needed and will be cheaper due do the hype coming into the league, keep this kick arse mo fo.

I used to feel the same... I still want to, but he's just doing everything so wrong, it irks me. I understand he's ridiculously underpaid, but he could've gone about this in a MUCH better manner.

I agree with Jay about Kaep needing better Guards than Tackles. The most pressure/sacks on Kaep seem to be right up the gut.

janky wrote:
Bridgewater won't be better than Brandon Weeden
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG21_PW52 wrote:
burlow wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I used to feel the same... I still want to, but he's just doing everything so wrong, it irks me. I understand he's ridiculously underpaid, but he could've gone about this in a MUCH better manner.

I agree with Jay about Kaep needing better Guards than Tackles. The most pressure/sacks on Kaep seem to be right up the gut.

That's not counting imaginary pressure as well.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
FG21_PW52 wrote:
burlow wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

That's not counting imaginary pressure as well.

Oh, don't get me started on this subject. Last year it was one of his biggest flaws.

One thing I'm really, really hoping to see this year is him not bailing out of the pocket at the slightest hint of pressure. If a lineman has leverage on a pass rusher and can push him past Kap if only Kap steps up, or takes a step or two to one side or the other then I want him to do that. Far too many times last year he headed for the sidelines when a simple Peyton or Brady-like step in the pocket would have bought him all the time he needed.

I was the one talking about tying him to the doggie stake-out post last year, but even Steve Young chimed in by saying they needed to tie his legs together in practice - maybe not literally together, but he need to learn when a step or two will buy him the time he needs, and when he really needs to take off.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally don't support a player who is holding out. However, Boone is SSSSOOOOOO underpaid it is crazy. He graded out as the 3rd best OG is all of football. Plus, has additional value in his ability to slide out and play above average at the tackle position.

He has rave reviews from his teammates and coaches for his work ethic and plays with such a mean streak that he makes everyone else around him better.

He should have gotten a raise last year. The guy has to feel pushed into a corner. Just pay him already. He is 27 right in his prime.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinMack34 wrote:
I normally don't support a player who is holding out. However, Boone is SSSSOOOOOO underpaid it is crazy. He graded out as the 3rd best OG is all of football. Plus, has additional value in his ability to slide out and play above average at the tackle position.

He has rave reviews from his teammates and coaches for his work ethic and plays with such a mean streak that he makes everyone else around him better.

He should have gotten a raise last year. The guy has to feel pushed into a corner. Just pay him already. He is 27 right in his prime.
Then if he gets hurt or regresses next year, the team should not have to honor the new "contract" with no consequences as well. Sorry but a contract is a contract that should be binding to both parties. Sad part is this team has shown a proclivity to reward players that deserve it, but as has been already mentioned in this thread, he went about it his own way, boxing both sides in a corner.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looney is playing well. Baalke wasn't going to cave either way but he has even less incentive to cave now.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinMack34 wrote:

He gets raises as specifed in his contract - the one he chose to sign with the full input of his agent who is now telling him not to live up to that contract, and without anyone holding a gun to his head and forcing him to sign. If he wanted to take the the chance that he would be significantly better in the near future and thus be worth more he should have signed a shorter term contract. He preferred the security of the contract he decided to sign.

I agree that he is underpaid. No doubt about it. And I'm pretty darn sure he could have worked with the team to get a revised contract without holding out. The team simply cannot give in to his demands or it is an open invitation for every player on the team who thinks he is worth more to also hold out. Every single guy who happens to be playing better than anticipated when he signed his contract will feel like should be paid more than he freely agreed to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google should redirect all queries about Alex Boone's holdout to this very next sentence, that summarises everything clearly: The issue is not about whether Alex should get a raise or not, but whether he should show up or not. And in this case, he definitely should.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
patman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong topic
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Miami pony's up a 2nd rnd pk.
I'd make that trade for a highly mobile OG like Boone for our hurry up/no huddle
WC offense.

sug
adamq

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinMack34 wrote:

I agree completely... Boone has made such huge improvements since coming into the league and really bailed us out with his switch to guard. Plus how many guards can switch over to either tackle spot and be effective if need be?

-kiltman
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Boone part of the 53? If he's not then how does all this work? I'm just asking because I didn't see his name on the cut list.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
So is Boone part of the 53? If he's not then how does all this work? I'm just asking because I didn't see his name on the cut list.

Boone is on the Reserve/Did not Report list. This means he does not count against the 53-man roster (similar to Aldon Smith), but must be activated to the 53-man roster or be cut once he reports. Obviously he won't be cut, so when he reports, someone on the current 53 will have to go.

If we decided to trade him, I'm not sure if someone has to be cut first and Boone activated to trade him or not.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 26th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #25, Eddie George: 51
*Yards needed to enter Top 20: 578

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: