Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Cowboys v. Ravens - Superbowl Bound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsy wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
Brandon Weeden looked very bad tonight.

Not really. Eli Manning looked very bad, Weeden at least completed some passes. I'm really not that worried about Weeden, he's a backup QB and he isn't the worst one out there by far. He was also playing with a 2nd string line and other backups for most of the time he was in the game.

Well you're just disagreeing on semantics then. Does "poor" work better? Bandon Weeden looked poor last night. Playing with backups isn't an excuse to play badly. His throws were off target and he was making poor decisions.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Weeden didn't look good at all this week. But he needs a clean pocket in order to be effective. Luckily our ol seems like lit will be able to provide that for him.

Regardless, I am comfortable moving forward with him as our back-up.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‏@BryanBroaddus 36s
On @DezBryant 22 yard catch. Old Dez has that ball away from his body..new Dez took 3 hard hits and it was covered the entire time.

Good observation.

^^^Deadpulse
Denus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best part of that crazy Dez snatch, evading the tackle for the 1st down with the spin move... Witten AND Frederick both moving down field to block. LOVE seeing #72 trucking it. Das good hustle mang.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denus wrote:
Best part of that crazy Dez snatch, evading the tackle for the 1st down with the spin move... Witten AND Frederick both moving down field to block. LOVE seeing #72 trucking it. Das good hustle mang.

I'm really excited to watch our offensive line work this year.

Leary appears to be better from last year (expected when he was essentially a rookie in 2013), I expect Fredbeard to establish himself as a top five center, then of course you've got Tyron and then add Martin to the fold...so long as Free doesn't regress (which he hasn't shown any signs thus far of doing) and for the first time in a long time Dallas is going to have a damn good offensive line.

^^^Deadpulse
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to see what else Sturm has to say about D. He's tearing them up a little on twitter....

Quote:
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 34m
The TD at 10:35 of the 3Q looks like the Cowboys are playing LBs at all DL spots. 79 Minter and 66 Bishop are destroyed.

Quote:
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 43m
Dang, that long run at 14:30 of the 3Q is a mess. Martez Wilson upfield. Coleman blown out. Hitchens caught. Heath miss. Yeesh.

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Scouts-Notebook-Assessing-The-Special-Teams/86e0d292-63ff-4ed3-bc1b-3e2b32936490?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Good read.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
atran35

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoFlyZone wrote:
bootsy wrote:
NoFlyZone wrote:
Brandon Weeden looked very bad tonight.

Not really. Eli Manning looked very bad, Weeden at least completed some passes. I'm really not that worried about Weeden, he's a backup QB and he isn't the worst one out there by far. He was also playing with a 2nd string line and other backups for most of the time he was in the game.

Well you're just disagreeing on semantics then. Does "poor" work better? Bandon Weeden looked poor last night. Playing with backups isn't an excuse to play badly. His throws were off target and he was making poor decisions.

I re-watch the game last night after purchasing the NFL Pre Season pass. Weeden was playing with the 1st team Oline the 1st 2 series and played very well. The 1st series the play stall due to Harris dropping the ball on a slant route. The 2nd series the play stall due to Mitchell attempting to cradle a deep pass and getting it swatted away. If he made an attempt to reach for it like Dez it would have been a big play and possible TD. Weeden then played with the 2nd team and PANIC the pocket. Some ill advise pass. One deep ball to Harris resulted in an interception.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: