Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CB Dee Milliner has a high ankle sprain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cimini:

"Milliner update. He already is spending time out of his walking boot. That he's able to do that three days after the injury is an encouraging sign, indicating it probably isn't a high-ankle sprain, according to medical experts. Milliner is expected to miss three to four weeks."

Hope this turns out to be true.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Cimini:

"Milliner update. He already is spending time out of his walking boot. That he's able to do that three days after the injury is an encouraging sign, indicating it probably isn't a high-ankle sprain, according to medical experts. Milliner is expected to miss three to four weeks."

Hope this turns out to be true.

Typically you don't get a high-ankle sprain from rolling your ankle, so I am very hopeful that it isn't. Which would be excellent news.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can afford to lose him Week 1, that's about it. But he'll be rusty like he was last season I'd imagine.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
We can afford to lose him Week 1, that's about it. But he'll be rusty like he was last season I'd imagine.

Last year wasn't rust so much as it was more growing pains of a rookie with no experience at all.

Props to Mack on the sig
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Last year wasn't rust so much as it was more growing pains of a rookie with no experience at all.

yup, it was about the game slowing down for him which it looked like it did in the last month.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm correct wasn't the way we churched up us benching him last season was his hamstring? Which seemed to aggrevate him all TC, preseason and a food portion of the season. So it might have been the combination of the game slowing down for him and him being healthy. This year he'll have to fight an injury already.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
We are going to get shredded with this secondary. I want to be positive, but it's going to happen.

We've all watched Rex's defenses enough the last five years. Teams are simply going to abandon the run and throw their way down field per usual. Except this year we have no Revis, no Cromartie to bail us out.

Cromartie sure bailed us out last year, getting torched all season.

I wasn't just referring to last season.

Without any true pass rushers, at least decent CB play is needed. Aside from last year, it was always a position of strength.

We should have a much better pass rush than those years though. I'm hoping for a Quinton Coples breakout season. Then we have Richardson and Wilkerson inside, and the addition of Jason Babin should help outside.

If Milliner can get healthy, he should have a good season. Our safety play should be better than last season as well.

Hope doesn't pressure the QB, bruh.

idk where the question marks are about how our CBs are injury prone. Patterson is obvious. McDougle will miss his 2nd season in a row. Milliner missed 3 games last season, played hurt last season and is missing the entire preseason with games to begin the year. Last season and including the McDougle/Milliner injury this season (assuming Milliner misses zero games in the reg season -- unlikely), the trio will miss 41 games with the potential for more if Patterson/Milliner miss time during the season. Who's not injury prone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@KristianRDyer: Rex said Milliner's injury was a high ankle sprain "But we're confident it is healing nicely." #nyjets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: