Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting read ok Amobi Okoye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Interesting read ok Amobi Okoye Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/amobi-okoye-survived-rare-disease-coma-to-return-to-nfl/

I new he was out due too a medical issue, but I had no idea it was that serious.

But, welcome back to football and the Cowboys, now that you have been cleared for full contact. With a defense tht is so drained of talent, it will be very interesting to see if Okoye can regain his old form and give this pass rush a helping hand!

I'll be rooting for him, I love these types of stories.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that same story over on ESPN. It's crazy what that guy has gone through. Wish him luck.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting read ok Amobi Okoye Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/amobi-okoye-survived-rare-disease-coma-to-return-to-nfl/

I new he was out due too a medical issue, but I had no idea it was that serious.

But, welcome back to football and the Cowboys, now that you have been cleared for full contact. With a defense tht is so drained of talent, it will be very interesting to see if Okoye can regain his old form and give this pass rush a helping hand!

Regain his old form? What form was that? He's been an NFL bust.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting read ok Amobi Okoye Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Regain his old form? What form was that? He's been an NFL bust.
his old form of just bein able to play the game. He was a very good player in college. Was misused in Houston and faired decent as a rotational guy under Marinelli as a Bear. Maybe it was early onset of his disease that kept his production down? Who knows.

Quote:
He was out of football for all of 2013 but Okoye has registered at least one sack in each of his previous six seasons, including 5.5 as a rookie with the Texans in 2007. In his two years with the Bears, Okoye had 36 total tackles and five sacks in 25 games.

If he can come in as a rotational guy and give this team a helping hand in the pass rush and run stuffing, I'm all for it. We need all the help we can get.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High motor guy that is a bit of a tweener who relies on quickness, but is not very strong at the point of attack and can get pushed around a lot.

OK using his quickness rushing the QB, but is a huge liability against the run.

Plan was right never could compete physically against NFL competition, but has been through hell his whole life. Will be rooting for him to succeed he definitely deserves it.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: