Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke? If you have to pick one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jim Harbaugh or Trent Baalke?
Jim Harbaugh
68%
 68%  [ 34 ]
Trent Baalke
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 50

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 13m
Jed York, Jim Harbaugh agree to table contract talks until after 2014 season: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000372334/article/49ers-harbaugh-agree-to-table-contract-talks-until-2015?campaign=Twitter_atl

Welp, this could go either way. If we win a Super Bowl, everything will be good as he will be compensated as the best coach in the league. But what if we fall short once again? It could get tricky and you better believe more teams will start calling in for a potential trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 13m
Jed York, Jim Harbaugh agree to table contract talks until after 2014 season: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000372334/article/49ers-harbaugh-agree-to-table-contract-talks-until-2015?campaign=Twitter_atl

Welp, this could go either way. If we win a Super Bowl, everything will be good as he will be compensated as the best coach in the league. But what if we fall short once again? It could get tricky and you better believe more teams will start calling in for a potential trade.

If we win the Super Bowl, then Harbaugh deserves to be paid like a Super Bowl winning head coach but if he doesnt win the Super Bowl, then he doesnt deserve to be paid like a Super Bowl winning head coach because he didnt win a Super Bowl. It's as simple as that.

If he wants more than what he deserves, let the trade offers commence because chances are he'll get traded to an average to crappy team like the Browns, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, Titans, Bills, etc. so while he may get the money, power and control that he desires, he wont win a damn thing. And when that happens, everyone will realize that it was the quality of the team he already had in place as opposed to it all being him.

With that said, if we win the Super Bowl, then obviously, the team should pay him and keep the team intact as long as possible. If not, *shrugs*.

P.S. - Baalke > Harbaugh in my opinion.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That headline really pissed me off. I just read "York, Harbaugh agree..", then was seriously disappointed with the rest.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbaugh would have to agree to the trade so he won't just go to any team. But he's probably confident enough that he could turn around any team and who could disagree just off his history? He essentially made the Jaguars of College Football into a powerhouse in three years. And we all know what he did here which was unheard of since it was coming off a lockout offseason.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing, for sure. I know the ultimate goal is to win Super Bowls, and I'm right there with everyone on that point. However, we went from horrible for a decade to three straight NFC Championship games. That has to count for something. We have been one play away from three Super Bowl appearances and very close to winning one.

My opinion? Pay the man what he wants(within reason, of course).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Harbaugh would have to agree to the trade so he won't just go to any team. But he's probably confident enough that he could turn around any team and who could disagree just off his history? He essentially made the Jaguars of College Football into a powerhouse in three years. And we all know what he did here which was unheard of since it was coming off a lockout offseason.

Hmmmm, Harbaugh agreed to go to the Browns before backing out. For him, it's all about the money, power and control. If an average to crappy team gives him what he wants, he's as good as gone unless he chickens out again.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns have a lot of young talent and their defense is close to being on the verge of being elite. And at that time there was no news of Gordon being suspended for the entire season. So the Browns were FAR from a terrible situation and one that Harbaugh usually thrives off. There are key pieces there without the structure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the actual story of the trade, once Maiocco/Barrows got the scoop, that the Browns called with a ridiculous offer and the 49ers basically laughed them off? There were no legs to that story and i'll take those two's word/sources over Mike Florio.

Still, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't worried about this contract situation. If a contract extension can't be finalized over 2 full offseasons, what are the chances it's finalized on the 3rd?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is just as simple as the FO laughing at the offer and hanging up. Harbaugh probably was intrigued a little but ultimately wanted to stay here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/york-theres-not-some-crazy-divide

Quote:
49ers CEO Jed York told CSNBayArea.com on Friday morning that money has not been the sticking point in executing a contract extension with Harbaugh, who enters the fourth season of his original five-year, $25 million contract.

“There’s not some crazy divide of where we are,” York said. “When we talked about a deal, Jim very clearly said, ‘I don’t want to do a deal too early because as a leader of the team, I don’t want to set that precedent.’

"When we talked about the contract we offered, it wasn’t Jim demanding to be the highest-paid coach. It was him saying, ‘I don’t think now is the right time because it sets the wrong precedent.’ "

You know, with most coaches i'd say thats BS. But with Jim, there's actually a possibility that line is true...sounds like something he'd say/think.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/york-theres-not-some-crazy-divide

Quote:
49ers CEO Jed York told CSNBayArea.com on Friday morning that money has not been the sticking point in executing a contract extension with Harbaugh, who enters the fourth season of his original five-year, $25 million contract.

“There’s not some crazy divide of where we are,” York said. “When we talked about a deal, Jim very clearly said, ‘I don’t want to do a deal too early because as a leader of the team, I don’t want to set that precedent.’

"When we talked about the contract we offered, it wasn’t Jim demanding to be the highest-paid coach. It was him saying, ‘I don’t think now is the right time because it sets the wrong precedent.’ "

You know, with most coaches i'd say thats BS. But with Jim, there's actually a possibility that line is true...sounds like something he'd say/think.

Yeah... Jim renegotiating his contract with two years left could give some guys (VD and Boone) the wrong idea...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
9erNation2013

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard John Clayton on the radio this morning on a Miami station. Said that contract talks can get ugly with Harbaugh next year if a Super Bowl is not won. Then the radio host said "oh it could benefit the Dolphins." Ugh!

Thoughts?
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports coach Jim Harbaugh is already losing the 49ers' locker room, and the veterans are wondering if he's really "all in."

According to RapSheet's sources, Harbaugh "irked" the 49ers' veterans by bringing the team to Baltimore to practice with the Ravens during training camp ahead of the preseason game between the two clubs. Reports of tension growing between Harbaugh and the 49ers' front office are old, but the coach not having his players on his side is new. Entering the final year of his contract, it's very possible Harbaugh may be coaching somewhere else in 2015. But if Harbaugh can lead the 49ers to a Super Bowl title, it should wash away all concerns.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Sep 7 - 10:17 AM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports coach Jim Harbaugh is already losing the 49ers' locker room, and the veterans are wondering if he's really "all in."

According to RapSheet's sources, Harbaugh "irked" the 49ers' veterans by bringing the team to Baltimore to practice with the Ravens during training camp ahead of the preseason game between the two clubs. Reports of tension growing between Harbaugh and the 49ers' front office are old, but the coach not having his players on his side is new. Entering the final year of his contract, it's very possible Harbaugh may be coaching somewhere else in 2015. But if Harbaugh can lead the 49ers to a Super Bowl title, it should wash away all concerns.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Sep 7 - 10:17 AM
I've seen this report and its so stupid. They going to play the ravens anyway. Plenty of teams practice against other players. If thats the reason then its stupid and if the Niners let Harbaugh go then they will show that they are still a cluess organization.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just talked to someone who attended a Michigan alumni get together to watch the ND game yesterday. He said talk there was how much Michigan folks want UM to take another run at Harbarugh. Timing is right with his contract up here and Hoke taking Michigan downhill.

I still think college is the best place for Jim, and going back to his old alma mater to restore its glory and finish out his coaching years could be just the right fit for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: