Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training camp chatter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:
Well, they seem set on the Gilbert contract. He did look to be in better shape, and his run blocking is underrated. He had a few real nice ones in that Giants game.

I'm still alarmed at how and who they give out 2nd-3rd contracts. If a guy waits until his contract year to get in shape when he's had issues in the past, that's worrisome.

The players that finally get into shape for the contract season is something they should have in the new contract Razz Pay accordingly and if they are still on the team in the final year and they finally show up in shape, then Brick wall

If he gets 6M a season, that is a bad deal from what we have seen. Not even a starter in terms of play for much of the last few seasons. For some reason he was better as a rookie with a shoulder injury, or he was just much better than what we were accustomed to Laughing At least Gilbert has been durable, unlike the one RT we had that had some IR and still got his nice deal. Ooops, looks like GIlbert will get 6M as well.

If Munchak can get these player to play well, it is good. It would be nice to have " a starting RT", but from what I have seen we don't . How has he graded out compared to other "starting RT's" ?

Just leave come cab space in case OLB or other positions are in need of help in mid season .

As for the cap, if Gilbert signs and plays well, we could always make space at ILB since we have depth there. Reworking Bens deal should be more of a priority than Gilbert don't you think. QB deals keep going up, and that won't make Bens deal any less the longer they wait.

It may be a year to year type deal

BELL & BLOUNT-DB's> Anxious Anxious
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
461 Total Yards
316 yds Rushing 1 td
146 yards receiveing

Shocked
waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Williams was Carter off during practice. Hope it's not a major injury that'll keep him out all season, however I am thankful that we seem to have pretty solid depth this year at ILB so if he were down an extended amount of time we should be fine, especially if Spence can build upon what he did against the giants.

Also not to speculate on the severity but it might free up a roster spot for Garvin or Zumwalt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Bryant with incredible catch on fade. Thought it was too tall, even for him.

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Bryant ends practice with another TD, catching fade. Out muscled Ike Taylor.

Sounds like Bryant, Mike Adams, Archer, Moats, Blanchflower, Howard Jones, and Dangerfield practiced well today.

Ike Taylor, DHB, Landry Jones all made noticeable mistakes today.

Vince Williams was carted off and Ramon Foster was held out of some drills.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigben07MVP wrote:
Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Bryant with incredible catch on fade. Thought it was too tall, even for him.

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Bryant ends practice with another TD, catching fade. Out muscled Ike Taylor.

Sounds like Bryant, Mike Adams, Archer, Moats, Blanchflower, Howard Jones, and Dangerfield practiced well today.

Ike Taylor, DHB, Landry Jones all made noticeable mistakes today.

Vince Williams was carted off and Ramon Foster was held out of some drills.

Really hoping Bryant isnt another Sweed....awesome in practice, terrible when it matters. After watching the preseason game in full last night, I realized what some were talking about. It was his first preseason game so it really doesnt worry me at all....but I hope we see a progression.

The most noticeable mistake with Landry Jones is the fact that we drafted him in the first place.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ScottBrown_ESPN
Mike Adams playing right tackle today. Just stood someone up on a running play. No question he can run block

Quote:
@ScottBrown_ESPN
Vince Williams leaving practice field with trainers. Not sure what happened.

Quote:

@Alex_Kozora
Shazier has his right knee wrapped again.

Quote:

@BobLabriola
Vince Williams taken off the field on a cart. Injury and the severity not yet known.

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora
Ike Taylor lets pass go through his hands. Tomlin throws his hands up in the air.

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora
Josh Harris continues to run ahead of Poole and company.

Quote:
@ScottBrown_ESPN
Martavis Bryant catches second TD of red-zone drill to put a wrap on practice. Just in time too. The sky looks very angry right now.

Quote:

@Alex_Kozora
Bryant with incredible catch on fade. Thought it was too tall, even for him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Quote:

@BobLabriola
Vince Williams taken off the field on a cart. Injury and the severity not yet known.

Quote:
(KFFL) Pittsburgh Steelers LB Vince Williams (head) may have suffered a concussion Tuesday, Aug. 12, according to head coach Mike Tomlin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Quote:

@BobLabriola

Quote:
(KFFL) Pittsburgh Steelers LB Vince Williams (head) may have suffered a concussion Tuesday, Aug. 12, according to head coach Mike Tomlin.

with shazier and williams hurt, looks like Spence will really get playing time. Could be comeback player of the year for the steelers, seems instinctive out there.
32houchen32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could spence have opened up small talks about who is the starter next to Timmons? I understand it's just preseason and only one game into that. But, I did like what I saw. To state the no brainer, still need to see Shazier out there.

I do like the depth at ILB. I think it will give Timmons the push he needs to be a consistent present game in and out. I like Timmons, but I have always felt like he could do more then he has shown.

Overall, inside backer is the strong spot on D, maybe even the team.
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32houchen32 wrote:
Could spence have opened up small talks about who is the starter next to Timmons? I understand it's just preseason and only one game into that. But, I did like what I saw. To state the no brainer, still need to see Shazier out there.

I do like the depth at ILB. I think it will give Timmons the push he needs to be a consistent present game in and out. I like Timmons, but I have always felt like he could do more then he has shown.

Overall, inside backer is the strong spot on D, maybe even the team.

If Timmons can regain the speed he used to have it would help. He has always been reliable but if he does get hurt, they don't need to rush him back due to the depth. Most likely no drop off at all at ILB even if 2 players get hurt. Maybe a bit if shazier is out due to his speed , but too bad this wasn't the case at OLB.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Thought Garvin and Spence did well in backs on backer

Quote:
@rayfitt1: Sammy Watkins beats Cortez Allen on a go route. Perfect pass and catch

Quote:
@ScottBrown_ESPN: Derek Moye with a really nice back shoulder catch against Bills CB Stephon Gilmore, a former first-round pick. Took ball away from Gilmore.

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Jason Worilds with some big pops in backs on backers.

Quote:
@ScottBrown_ESPN: Martavis Bryant catches deep ball against Bills CB Corey Graham.

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Worilds and Spiller get into shoving match

Quote:
@Alex_Kozora: Cortez with a pick off a bounce.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think Spence has to be in the conversation, and should probably be leading any competition at the moment unless Shazier has just been blowing their minds when he practices. It would be utterly strange if this coaching staff handed Shazier the spot when he's been out the last week and a half or whatever it's been.
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@rayfitt1
Greg Warren might have a significant leg injury. Is being evaluated. Tomlin said he'd have more info tomorrow.

Quote:
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib now
Going through my notes: McCullers planted Macky MacPherson during linemen drills and stepped on him on the way to the QB.

Bufflo reporter on the practice http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12067/steelers-knock-bills-back-in-joint-practice

Quote:
Bob Labriola ‏@BobLabriola

Not practicing today for @Steelers: Jordan Zumwalt, Jarvis Jones, Vince Williams, Ramon Foster.

Quote:
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

In backs-on-backers, Worilds looking beastly. With added size, providing Woodley-like power to strong side.

Quote:
Scott Brown ‏@ScottBrown_ESPN
Mike Adams gets reps at right and then left tackle in 11 on 11.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Everything is on the defense manhandling what I would expect to be a pretty lousy offense. Nothing on the Steelers offense.

It is nice to see that their physicality wasn't just noticed by the Steelers beat writers.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Quote:
@rayfitt1
Greg Warren might have a significant leg injury. Is being evaluated. Tomlin said he'd have more info tomorrow.

NOW we can re-sign Harrison Razz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

I think Spence has to be in the conversation, and should probably be leading any competition at the moment unless Shazier has just been blowing their minds when he practices. It would be utterly strange if this coaching staff handed Shazier the spot when he's been out the last week and a half or whatever it's been.

Especially if Shazier is hurt, why risk making an injury worse. Also, let shazier heal and let spence get the reps he needs while he can. Why not try spence at Timmons position in case timmons goes down? Spence seems to have the instincts as well, so he could really move around .

I was happy with williams play last year, and to factor in Moats, we have the deepest ILB in years, maybe since switching to 3-4. No concerns at ALL with ILB with these players, just let everyone get healthy .

I don't know what to make of these coaches because of some of the decisions they have made in the past . All we can ask is that they let the players heal completely, allow players playing time, then pick the roster accordingly. If taylor can't catch or cover, then he should be gone. If Mauro plays better than Thomas and Arnfelt, then Mauro should get the roster spot. This team has missed the playoff 2 years in a row, so it is time to make the improvements even if it is undrafted rookies or late round pick rookies.

Shazier getting the start might not have the impact as possibly allowing the wrong players to make the team in other positions. If OLB and DE aren't handled right, it could be a long season. Still hoping for Deebo to return to solidify OLB, just a no brainer to me.

Hopefuls:

McCullers
Mauro if he is better than thomas or Arnfelt ( plus Mauro is said to have work ethic and has intensity which this team lacks
Dangerfield - need a hitter
taylor - gone if he isn't back to old form, and he still can't catch
Adams - still have hope, easily best run blocker, can close games out with Blount
Richardson - see taylor above, no more vets guaranteed jobs,
Bryant - better make the team

Bad feeling:
taylor will be back and starting
Adams could be gone
Bryant might get in the tomlin doghouse
Dangerfield will not make the 53 because a vet will

anyone else agree?

OL isn't a concern for me like it one was, not it is the coaches favoring vets and losing talent or rotting talent in the meantime. Urbik better not be the best OL out there ( see above?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: