Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pouncey's legal issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Pouncey's legal issues Reply with quote

I was waiting for final word to come out until posting this, but it seems it's been delayed yet again.

Recently, the lawyer of the claimant against Pouncey stated that the police would meet with the prosecutors today to review the evidence to decide whether to press charges or not. The sleezy lawyer also claimed that he believed charges would be filed against Maurkice, but not Mike, for a misdemeanor assault.

The sheriff's office confirmed they would be meeting with the prosecutor today/Friday.

The prosecutor's office, however, says they guarantee nothing will happen today, but stated they will be meeting with the police, and the lawyers of both sides to see what evidence they have:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08/state-attorneys-office-says-maurkice-pouncey-wont-charged-week/

Their is a civil suit already filed against the Pouncey brothers, which is why the 'victims' have lawyers already released public statements.

I am very skeptical that Pouncey is really innocent in this matter and have been since the start despite his denials. At the same time, having been in a few bars before, I would say with a high level of confidence that the other group wasn't innocent, either, and that this is as much if not more so about the cash grab than anything.

The lawyers statements are funny to me. The only way this case is worthwhile to him is if his clients get paid, and a criminal case would make that a slam dunk. One way to get the police and State Attorney to file charges would be the thread of negative PR if they don't.

By preemptively stating the Pouncey's will be charged, he is effectively pressuring the authorities to make an example out of Pouncey.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how long 'ol Rodge is gonna suspend him for.
madmike77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:

I can't see the league giving Pouncey any kind of suspension on this one. Normally I'd be worried about 2-4 games, but after the slap on the wrist they issued to Rice for knocking out his fiancee, they're not going to touch Pouncey for a bar fight.

Any kind of suspension would send the message that hitting women is less of an issue for the NFL than hitting men and the league won't want that.

In terms of discipline they've really painted themselves into a corner with the Rice suspension.
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt a suspension, maybe a chewing out.

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:

not a good initial return on that contract I suppose. If he gets 4 games, we might get off to a slow start again Rolling Eyes Cody wallace was fine anyways IMO, maybe another way to see how well our depth is. I prefer cody's way of making opponents eat dirt anyways, before or after the whistle.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:

not a good initial return on that contract I suppose. If he gets 4 games, we might get off to a slow start again Rolling Eyes Cody wallace was fine anyways IMO, maybe another way to see how well our depth is. I prefer cody's way of making opponents eat dirt anyways, before or after the whistle.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wont get suspended unless something new comes to light.

If that wife beater Ray Rice can get off with 2 games, there is no reason there should be a suspension for this, at least not with the facts that are currently known, even if they are charged.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure how I double posted but sorry.

Regardless if commissioner suspends him this time, it better be the last time considering how the team signed him to this new deal. No need to miss any more games than injuries cause. Maybe once your Mike Pouncey signs here things will change Rolling Eyes
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
Regardless if commissioner suspends him this time, it better be the last time considering how the team signed him to this new deal. No need to miss any more games than injuries cause. Maybe once your Mike Pouncey signs here things will change Rolling Eyes

What? If you're bitter about us resigning him fine, but try to make sense in your bitter rants.

Every post of yours sounds like a jilted girlfriend who just got dumped.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Last edited by JDLefebvre on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
wwhickok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Ray Rice got a 2 game suspension for punching his wife in the face and knocking her out cold.

There's no video evidence or anything of Maurkice's altercation, so you KNOW this is bringing at least a 6 game suspension because he's a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was no video, I'd wager Rice wouldn't have been suspended at all. Pouncey will be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: