Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 1 GDT: Green Bay Packers at Tennessee Titans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Jim Wyatt
Whisenhunt said he's optimistic about the progress Daimion Stafford has made in camp #Titans

Quote:
@Jim Wyatt
#Titans starters expected to play more in next preseason game vs #Saints

Quote:
@Jim Wyatt
Whisenhunt said Sammie Hill and Jurrell Casey played well vs Packers

Quote:
@Jim Wyatt
Whisenhunt was pleased with Derrick Morgan's play dropping in coverage. Wondered if he should've had an INT tho #TItans

Quote:
@Jim Wyatt
Whisenhunt said Taylor Lewan played 48 snaps and did a good job. Was learning experience #Titans

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 82 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 4 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 12 TKLS, 0 SACKS
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan did look good for you guys last night. The Packers had Nick Perry in as long as he was playing and those two went at it last night pretty good. Lewan certainly won in pass pro(Perry barely pressured Clipboard Jesus but made him step up a few times earlier than he wanted to) but Perry won vs the run. It was good for both of them to get those snaps under their belt IMO.

Sig brought to you by Justo
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watched the starters period of the game, and the O-line as a whole was great, but my god Warmack was destroying people left and right. He looked like a man on a mission. He never allowed any pressure and always opened up a hole when ran behind. He looked like a guy you'd spend a top 10 pick on. Hopefully this continues.

#1CB Jason McCourty
2014 Stats - 5 Games(Missed 2nd half of week 2/Played hurt week 3)/2 INTs/78.0 QB rating when thrown at
LT Michael Roos
Out for the year. Thanks for the great years, Roos.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a chance to finally watch the game.

I would've like to seen KW and Justin Hunter more involved but with the weather conditions it's hard to complain.

My boy Stafford turning into a mini-Pollard. I think that kid might be a starter someday.

Sankey looked good. Great vision and burst. Reminds me of a Rice/Shady hybrid. Not saying he will ever live up to that hype but I could see it.

OL played pretty well, blowing people off the ball.

I really like Thompson. I think he could be huge for this offense if he can fix his hands.

Morgan looked more comfortable at OLB than I thought he would which is very encouraging.

Things I'm looking for next week...

Better passing game out of the 1st team. Hard to throw the ball a whole lot when playing in a downpour though.

Sankey with the first team OL.

Mike Martin. Hopefully he is healthy and can play. I've always been a huge fan of his. I'd like to see him make some plays.

More McCluster.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw more hustle and effort from Bailey than I saw from #56.

The starting OL did a excellent job getting to the second level on run plays. Warmack, Big Nasty & Oher were working nicely together.

Lewan has some nice pass pro sets, his run blocking will need to improve but I believe he could hold his own in a NFL game right now.

RB group looked good. I think the FB battle is done unless Battle has an injury. He is too versatile to be cut, however I like Mooney alot. Sankey had the one pass protection error and I think he bounced some runs instead of getting north south, but overall he is going to be a keeper and he will contribute this year.

The DL flashed potential, they just need to improve their run fits. I think the top 5 guys are established with Ropati, Hill, Casey, Woods & Jones. The last spot will be between, Martin, Klug & Edwards. Both Edwards and Klug had splash plays on Saturday. Where was Martin?
(edit. I forgot he was down for the game Embarassed )

The LB group is a huge question mark after the starting 4. Phillips was invisble, Fokou & McFragile (sorry McCarthy) really did not show much. I watched Williamson a little and think he and Gooden may settle the inside backup spots. As I stated above Bailey played harder than Ayers. Ayers pass rushing basically boiled down to running full speed into the offensive player on non stop bull rushes. Rolling Eyes

Stafford played well for the most part other than a coverage error and he got shook out of his cleats in the alley by the GB running back.

Nice catch Brian Robiskie.

Thompson had a nice game running the seam routes. Other than the one drop he looked well.

Kicking game. SMH

Mettenberger needs some time with the 2nd team. Other than holding on to the ball to long on a couple of plays he played decent.

Marc Mariaini it's been real my man, but I think your days are numbered here.

Tommie Campbell is the happiest Titan of all that the rain took the passing game away. Laughing

Looking forward to seeing the titan's passing game on Friday in the dome. Also want to see more from the titan defense on improving their tackling and run fits as well.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think Ayers is done. I didn't feel good about him after his 2 knee surgeries and this game did nothing to change that.

On the bright side, Brown looked good. He just needs to stop having idiot moments. And Derrick Morgan looks like he's going to be able to transition very nicely to OLB. That coverage play near the start of the game was really impressive.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
And Derrick Morgan looks like he's going to be able to transition very nicely to OLB. That coverage play near the start of the game was really impressive.
Yeah, that was really nice to see. Looked a lot more fluid dropping back and making a play on the ball than I would have ever expected.
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
And Derrick Morgan looks like he's going to be able to transition very nicely to OLB. That coverage play near the start of the game was really impressive.
Yeah, that was really nice to see. Looked a lot more fluid dropping back and making a play on the ball than I would have ever expected.

He looked better than Clowney in coverage. That was brutal. Embarassed Laughing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Just reading some tweets from Texans fans about Fitzpatrick entertains me. Can't believe they are actually relying on him to start the season. Just baffling.

The fact that it's practically a foregone conclusion that Tom Savage will see meaningful game time this season gives me no end of hilarity.

Well, the guy apparently threw for 337 touchdowns in college. So... there is THAT. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: