Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preaseason 2014 Week 1: Bucs @ Jags
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Masifilo (sp?) looked good at the end
of the game. He had good hustle. He was in on tackles 10+ yards down the field. And he seemed to be eating up blockers.

I really liked what I saw out of the dline and defense total. Lot of talent and depth there. I think they will keep us in ball games.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
He floated a beauty while running to his left to ASJ for a big gain. His timing on curl routes was great. Streeter jumps every time he catches the ball, despite not needing to. He needs to work on that.

I counted three bad throws. Obviously that's bad. But he made more nice throws than bad ones. And after his first few passes, you could see he was more comfortable in the pocket. He stood tall and made throws, despite the rush. On that pass when he was running to the left, he dipped his shoulder and somehow escaped that mess of a pocket. On his TD pass, he looked at just about every route. He made the right decision with his throw to the corner of the end zone. The DB wasn't looking. VJax catches that nine times out of ten.

He's absolutely got a lot to work on but I saw a lot of good things. A helluva lot more than I ever expected to.

He's the same guy we saw last year. On three step drops he can zip the ball, especially on those comeback routes. No one here has ever said Glennon is bad, I just think the majority of us don't see a top 10 franchise guy, and frankly if you don't have that guy you should be looking for him.

Glennon will stay in this league for a long time. Think Derek Anderson. Guy had a pro bowl season but isn't really that guy, heck even our own Mccown. There's something to be said about a smart QB that can stay in this league but if all your hoping for is at BEST Brad Johnson, I think you should still be looking for a franchise guy.

I want to go into every year thinking we are playoff bound because of our QB like Manning, Luck, Brady, Rodgers. This league is so QB driving especially with the rule changes again this year. We have never had that guy, with Mariota, Hundley, Winston or Even Petty I would feel better about this team right now with one at the helm.

Trade for Boone, go get our QB next year and we will be relevant for a long, long time

Sorry but if you're looking for a QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, you're going to be severely disappointed for a very long time.. sure we all want one, but we have to learn to be content with a guy like Mccown or Glennon and work them best with the system and players around him as we can...

Also, Mariota, Hundley, and Winston are nothing like those guys, they are running QBs... I would take a Glennon any day over those guys because he fits Lovie's style more and stays in the pocket.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Sorry but if you're looking for a QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, you're going to be severely disappointed for a very long time.. sure we all want one, but we have to learn to be content with a guy like Mccown or Glennon and work them best with the system and players around him as we can...

This x100000

There's a reason he only listed four QBs. Because that's it. You can't just "get" an elite QB. They don't grow on trees. Laughing

Now, if one is available, we should do whatever we have to to get him. An elite QB immediately makes your team better. But that's a big if.

And, if not... We continue to build up our team and give McCown/Glennon every opportunity to excel.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

This x100000

There's a reason he only listed four QBs. Because that's it. You can't just "get" an elite QB. They don't grow on trees. Laughing

Now, if one is available, we should do whatever we have to to get him. An elite QB immediately makes your team better. But that's a big if.

And, if not... We continue to build up our team and give McCown/Glennon every opportunity to excel.

Bill Parcells wrote:
You guys act like you can just call 1-900-Dial-a-QB

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

This x100000

Bill Parcells wrote:
You guys act like you can just call 1-900-Dial-a-QB

Laughing exactly
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

This x100000

Jamies isn't a running QB. The way he diagnoses plays is very advanced. As much of an idiot as he's been off the field, if he has another similar season we should be doing anything to get him

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston was a freshman last year. Let's see how he develops now. I liked what I saw but 1 year of film doesn't quite seal the deal here.
He's shown he has a lot of maturity issues to clear up as well.

I still think we need a qb. Finding one of the upper echelon qbs is rare. However getting a very good qb for this team is needed. Because I don't think we currently have a guy who is 16 game starter capable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: