Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Barrow could be a June 1st cap cut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Barrow could be a June 1st cap cut. Reply with quote

With the signing of Holdman it's becoming more likely this could happen, I saw a little blip about it at KFFL.com.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems very likely since the cap hit next year won't be very big. It's only $1.66 million if he's cut, but $3.417 million if we keep him.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if this does happen who starts Holdman or Marshall.
WashingtonRedskins

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it does. We dont need barrow at all hes just a waste of the cap. Lemar marshall looked really good last year and i think he is very capable of the MLB spot.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdman plays all of the LB spots so he could go anywhere. We have McCune too. With or without Barrow, I'd say we have a pretty good rotation.
Campbelltomoss

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUst cut him i want mccune to start !!
riggensghost

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want mccune to be the answer at MLB but he needs time to earn the role. Holdman is great depth and perfect for rotational work at any position. Let Marshall start since he has been working all offseason at adding 15lb or so for the middle spot, but he can be a good 2 down backer with some rotational help.

Barrow is gone, Gibbs made a comment two days ago about Barrows most recent MRI not being great and that they were hoping the drs would let barrow run a lot more in practice. He didn't get the ok to up the workload so that is the end for Mike Barrow.

We haven't signed either of our top two draft picks and we will have to cut Morton and Barrow just to be close.
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
I want mccune to be the answer at MLB but he needs time to earn the role. Holdman is great depth and perfect for rotational work at any position. Let Marshall start since he has been working all offseason at adding 15lb or so for the middle spot, but he can be a good 2 down backer with some rotational help.

Barrow is gone, Gibbs made a comment two days ago about Barrows most recent MRI not being great and that they were hoping the drs would let barrow run a lot more in practice. He didn't get the ok to up the workload so that is the end for Mike Barrow.

We haven't signed either of our top two draft picks and we will have to cut Morton and Barrow just to be close.

McCune is mighty stiff. He would have to be a traditional between the tackles MLB where everything is funnelled to him. I dont think he will develop the mobility and flexibility to be a sideline to sideline MLB. That said, the skins do play a style that will emphasize his skill set so he might develop into a starter. But I dont see him as a standout there.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkwell wrote:
McCune is mighty stiff.

I've never seen him play. Why do you say he's stiff?
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pointed out in the voiceover with all the clips of him leading up to the draft and it was mentioned in pretty much every scouting review of him leading up to the draft. I remember a praticular clip where he almost tripped over his feet trying to change direction. But he should be more suited for a D like the skins where the MLB should be kept clean to make the play and isnt called on to drop in coverage too often than some others. Personally I am hoping the Skins cut Newberry because he would be very well suited for my Colts D, quick and mobile is right up their alley
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barrow's gone, I don't think his knee is really getting any better from what I've heard. Also Morton should be gone as well, all he does is return kicks and now with Moss, Patten, Thrash, maybe Brown we definelty don't need Morton.
avbanig

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as McCune goes, I've seen him play 3 or 4 times over the past couple of seasons on Espn at Louisville. He reminds me alot of Jerrimiah Trotter, he has the same kind of build, he's short and stocky.

I think he has descent speed I watched him play against Miami, which is proabably the fastest team in College football and he had no problems running from sideline to sideline and making bone crushing hits on Frank Gore and those time WR's.

I don't know if he'll be starting next year, but I expect him to be a starter at MLB for our team next year or maybe later on this year, if we have injuries or Holdman and Marshall have problems at the spot.
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCune reminds me of Trotter as well, and that's why I don't think he will succeed for us. His limited mobility and stiff hips (that's why he looks so rigid out there, he doesn't turn and run well, and he has bad COD skills) will be detrimental in the Skins system. While I have never had the opportunity to speak to the man, I have been led to believe that certain mental aspects are lacking as well, in terms of not being quick to read and change plays. Pierce succeeded last year because a) he is very solid in coverage and has good lateral speed and b) he is very intelligent. It just doesn't seem like McCune fits our system. He seems more like a gap-attacker, like Trotter, than a coverage and sideline-to-sideline guy, which is more our style, at least from what I've seen from GW. I think he will end up being a special teams demon, which is actually a good thing, given where he was drafted. I think we are just too anxious to get a "steal" pick, and jump on McCune since his measurables are so impressive. He needs a lot of work on playing football before he will be good.
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That said, I think either Holdman or Marshall will get the call at MLB (going out on a limb there). I'm not sure who I'm rooting for at the moment, just because I've never seen either of them play MLB in a 4-3, but I think they are very similar players. Both have good speed but are somewhat undersized. I think I want Marshall to win it because he has been a Skin for several years, but I think Holdman is more talented. Should be a good battle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: