Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wow, maybe there is hope!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avbanig

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that cowboys fan is totally wrong, the best coaches in the game make adjustments that's why they are the best coaches in the game. Gibbs going to more of a zone blocking and a shotgun can only help us because Portis is better at strech plays, and Ramsey is much better in the shot gun, especially in third and long. I expect big things from the offense next year, I hope we use Sellers as a H back and Cooley at tight end more, that should help us in both the running game and passing game.

And also I think our WR's are more reliable than last years, Jaccobs is more relaiable than Gardner, we all know if McCants gets playing time he'll put up descent #'s especially in the redzone, and I'm hoping that Moss can come close to Coles' production, if he can then we should have a winning season. I also like Patten he's good for at least 40 catches a year.

Last edited by avbanig on Thu May 19, 2005 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a quote from Portis about using stretch running plays:

Quote:
Q: Do you expect to see more stretch running plays in the ground game this year?
A: "You know, coach just made a point where we averaged five yards a carry on a stretch play last year. If I had known that, that would have been the only call we would have been making in the games. I think we are changing a lot of things up. We are going to get this right. We are tweaking things."

Here's a link to the whole Q and A:
http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=3122

Last edited by Taylor-36 Portis-26 on Fri May 20, 2005 1:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
inkwell

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avbanig wrote:
that cowboys fan is totally wrong, the best coaches in the game make adjustments that's why they are the best coaches in the game. Gibbs going to more of a zone blocking and a shotgun can only help us because Portis is better at strech plays, and Ramsey is much better in the shot gun, especially in third and long. I expect big things from the offense next year, I hope we use Sellers as a H back and Cooley at tight end more, that should help us in both the running game and passing game.

And also I think our WR's are more reliable than last years, Jaccobs is more relaiable than Gardner, we all know if McCants gets playing time he'll put up descent #'s especially in the redzone, and I'm hoping that Moss can come close to Coles' production, if he can then we should have a winning season. I also like Patten he's good for at least 40 catches a year.

ok you made two points. how about backing them up? I thought of Shula. Someone else said Belichik which I am not sure I agree on. What other great coach can you think of who varied from his core principles? When Did Lombardi ever get away from his power sweep as his core play? Did Walsh ever get away from his west coast offense? Please offer evidence for your statement since thus far not many of us have come up with any examples to back up your statement. When Gibbs couldnt depend on Riggins, he brought in George ROgers, Gerald Riggs, Ernest Byner, other big power backs. He never relaly adjusted that. After Theisman, he had a couple strong armed relatively immobile QBs but never went to the shotgun, despite playing against LT and Reggie White twice a year each. Pretty good passrushers.

As for your feelings about the WRs, I disagree. They are a step down at their number one receiver. If Jacobs, who has showed NOTHING thus far is more reliable than Gardner, why did Gardner start? YOU might know in advance of the season what McCants will show but I only know what he HAS shown. Personally I think he will get time because he is the best blocker and they will be looking to spring Portis for big plays. Patten is fine, but you dont base a passing attack on ANY of these guys, IMO. At least Moss will let them save Mortons salary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: