Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign GM Ted Thompson to a long-term deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
Maybe that is Scheinder's thing. Cause we cannot draft offense. Together they would be a heckuva team.

Laughing

He's only drafted 1 QB and that guy just won us a SB. He's only drafted 1 WR before the 4th round and that guy just signed a lucrative deal with Detroit. He's only drafted 2 offensive lineman before the 3rd round and one of those guys is a Pro Bowler when healthy (and I've read every page of this thread, so you can't possibly knock the GM for not being able to predict health). He found Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse from the UDFA scrap heap. Oh and Christine Michael is about to be the next big thing.

The only position you could argue Schneider isn't good at drafting is OLine, but even then he's only had 1 bust (James Carpenter) and otherwise has relied on finding guys really late to plug into the ZBS. Pretty much same with WR. Only high pick he spent on one turned into a damn good player and he's relied on later round guys from there. Schneider doesn't put nearly as much emphasis on the WR position as TT does, instead believing that a healthy run-based offense and a good QB will free up guys who are to be used situationally. You see most teams with a base X, Z, and Y. Seattle doesn't do that. Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, and (TBD) Paul Richardson all have the capability of playing all 3 of those spots in our offense and those 4 guys are going to be rotating in and out constantly. That's what our team is predicated on, depth and situational talent.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schneider is overrated due to Wilson falling into his lap. What luck to have a franchise guy fall to you in the third. Every GM would have drafted him there at that value.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Schneider is overrated due to Wilson falling into his lap. What luck to have a franchise guy fall to you in the third. Every GM would have drafted him there at that value.

Laughing

You mean like Rodgers falling into Thompson's lap?

Only difference being Schneider has also built the #1 defense in the league.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Laughing

yah

And yeah, Thompson did that too.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done here.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I'm done here.
yes you are

Either need to work on your sarcasm (it didn't come through) or look at recent NFL history.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
You can't point to any reason why except that you just believe in it? That's some rock solid logic right there.

What I mean is that I can't narrow it down, in the Packers' specific instance, to one specific reason on why. But I do believe that there is something within the organizational setup, whether it's the strength and conditioning coach pushing them too hard, whether it's faulty scouting, or whether it's improper coaching that leads to the rampant injuries.

In the Vikings' instance, over the past couple years, they've had a significant number of injuries specifically to their DBs. No other position has had that impact. Therefore, it can probably be narrowed down easier than in the Packers' instance.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
You can't point to any reason why except that you just believe in it? That's some rock solid logic right there.

What I mean is that I can't narrow it down, in the Packers' specific instance, to one specific reason on why. But I do believe that there is something within the organizational setup, whether it's the strength and conditioning coach pushing them too hard, whether it's faulty scouting, or whether it's improper coaching that leads to the rampant injuries.

In the Vikings' instance, over the past couple years, they've had a significant number of injuries specifically to their DBs. No other position has had that impact. Therefore, it can probably be narrowed down easier than in the Packers' instance.
Sometimes 6 heads will get flipped in a row. This doesn't mean the coin isnt fair.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Laughing

incog was wrong to use RW and him falling as a negative against John. Same thing happened with Ted and both of them had the insight to draft the falling QB but then put the coaches around them to develop those QB's.

As for the defense, when GB one their ring, they had the #1 defense and were very comparable to the 2013 Seahawks D as far as stats go IIRC.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SoS wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Laughing

incog was wrong to use RW and him falling as a negative against John. Same thing happened with Ted and both of them had the insight to draft the falling QB but then put the coaches around them to develop those QB's.

As for the defense, when GB one their ring, they had the #1 defense and were very comparable to the 2013 Seahawks D as far as stats go IIRC.

Thought we had the number one D in 09 and the number two D when we won it all, could be wrong though.

Also not sure how Ted isn't top five at this point. No question about it. The Packers are going thur a reloading period. Newsome did it, Schnieder has yet to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SoS wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Laughing

ok...

MY quote about Wilson was heavily sarcasm. That was pretty obvious i think Laughing
Nick da Pick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Laughing

Only difference being Carroll has also built the #1 defense in the league.

Smile
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I'm done here.

We're being serious?

Blatant sarcasm on incog's part.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I'm done here.

We're being serious?

Sarcasm is very tough to pick up in text.

Kempes on the custom sig!
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
SoS wrote:
I'm done here.

We're being serious?

Sarcasm is very tough to pick up in text.

Not so hard that he should've missed that.
the combined record of Brady, Manning, Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, Young, Staubach, Jim Kelly, Phil Simms, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, Ben Roethlisberger when their defenses have given up 37 or more points? It's 0-24.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: