Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your 53 - Pre-camp
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8105
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Your 53 - Pre-camp Reply with quote

Qb-3
Ben
Gradkowski
Jones

RB-4
Bell
Blount
Archer
Will Johnson

Wr-5
Brown
Wheaton
Moore
Bryant
Justin Brown

TE-3
Miller
Spaeth
Waters


OL-10
Beachum
Foster
Pouncey
Decastro
Adams
Gilbert
Johnson
Wallace
Whimper
Will Simmons

DL-6
Heyward
McClendon
Tuitt
Arnfelt
McCullers - I'm really on the fence about this. Could be N. Williams
Thomas

LB-9
Jones
Worilds
Timmons
Vic So'oto
Shazier
Garvin
Moats/Carter - can't decide
Zumwaldt
Spence

DB-9
Ike
Allen
TP
Mitchell
Gay
Thomas
Richardson
Golden
Toler

ST-3
Warren
Wing
Swisher
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10973
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, DHB not making the cut. I guess if he doesn't have chemistry with Ben, then....
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8105
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Wow, DHB not making the cut. I guess if he doesn't have chemistry with Ben, then....


I do not think he offers more than Brown. His drop % is about 16%. They have so much speed on the team I do not think he will add anything.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Wow, DHB not making the cut. I guess if he doesn't have chemistry with Ben, then....


I do not think he offers more than Brown. His drop % is about 16%. They have so much speed on the team I do not think he will add anything.


Agreed...but he is a good special teamer...at being 5th on the DC, I think Brown would have to either show that ability or be a far better WR.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3rivers


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2349
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are the speedy cb's?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byerly724


Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Your 53 - Pre-camp Reply with quote

* starter

Qb-3
*Ben
Gradkowski
Jones

RB- 4
*Bell
Blount
Archer
*Will Johnson

Wr-5 ( archer is flex for depth)
*Brown
*Wheaton
Moore
Bryant
Heyward-bey

TE-3
*Miller
Spaeth
Palmer


OL-10
Beachum
*Foster
*Pouncey
*Decastro
*Adams (surprise starting LT)
*Gilbert
Johnson
Wallace
Whimper
Will Simmons

DL-6
*Heyward
McClendon
*Tuitt
McCullers
N. Williams
*Thomas(NT)

LB-8
*Jones
*Worilds
*Timmons
Vince willams
*Shazier
Moats
Carter
Spence ( if health problems add FA)

DB-10 ( 4 safties 6 cbs)
*Ike
*Allen
*TP
*Mitchell
Gay
Thomas
Richardson
Golden
Blake
McCain

ST-3
Warren
Podlesh
Suisham

P.S - zumwalt, blanchflower, mauro, Justin brown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
xLeBron


Joined: 08 May 2013
Posts: 124
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Paulson will make this roster.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byerly724


Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xLeBron wrote:
David Paulson will make this roster.


Honestly I think he showed us last year he can't add much to this offense when miller was down. He isn't a great blocker and as a receiver he wasn't able to find good holes in the defense.

Not saying he can't make the team just that Palmer showed but blocking skill at least, although I also though Johnson was a good TE3 and we see how much they agreed with me Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
xLeBron


Joined: 08 May 2013
Posts: 124
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byerly724 wrote:
xLeBron wrote:
David Paulson will make this roster.


Honestly I think he showed us last year he can't add much to this offense when miller was down. He isn't a great blocker and as a receiver he wasn't able to find good holes in the defense.

Not saying he can't make the team just that Palmer showed but blocking skill at least, although I also though Johnson was a good TE3 and we see how much they agreed with me Rolling Eyes



I think Tomlin's man crush on Paulson gets him the spot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jebrick


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 8105
Location: Indianapolis
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulson is better than Palmer but both suck. I think TE#3 is one of the camp battles.
_________________

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
byerly724


Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Paulson is better than Palmer but both suck. I think TE#3 is one of the camp battles.


I think the only thing he offers is receiving ability( which isn't that great) while Palmer offered blocking ( again mediocre at best)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
byerly724


Joined: 25 Jul 2009
Posts: 202
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sense of starting a new thread for this so heres an initial Depth chart review per Steelers.com
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-release-initial-depth-chart/6fba2ec5-f959-49f9-b114-4e64749910a5

Interesting notes,
*Bryant listed as 5-6 WR spot currently with justin brown and DHB ahead of him.

* Cam Thomas is starting DE so there goes my hope that he bumps out McClendon for DT

* Will Johnson is working with TE group alot, so maybe he moves to TE3 and we go Single or Dual Backfield in those situations...

* Punter battle is Really close as no one is even named starter

* We still have AB on Punt returns Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3210
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's take...
Hubbard over camp standout Elkin...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/7803/pittsburgh-steelers-projected-roster-3
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt want to make a new thread about this, but....

Who do you guys think should get the 5th receiver spot?

I just looked at two post week 3 predictions, and both had Justin Brown making it.

Why?

I mean, I was a fan of his and hoping he would show something, but he has shown nothing. Unless he has been injured that I am not aware of, he has been completely non-existent in the preseason.

As much crap as I gave him, Id probably give the 5th spot to Heyward-Bey. I mean, he may not be good, but Justin Brown might just be another Dallas Baker...a guy who shows up in practice but shows NOTHING in any game situation. At least DHB has shown SOMETHING...even if alot of it is not good.

Just wanted to get some more thoughts on this.

Would you guys bet on Justin Brown showing something going forward, or hold onto Heyward Bey for the time being.

I just dont think Justin Brown has done anything to earn a roster spot...and this is coming from one of the few guys on here who was happy we drafted him.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
32houchen32


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 413
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I didnt want to make a new thread about this, but....

Who do you guys think should get the 5th receiver spot?

I just looked at two post week 3 predictions, and both had Justin Brown making it.

Why?

I mean, I was a fan of his and hoping he would show something, but he has shown nothing. Unless he has been injured that I am not aware of, he has been completely non-existent in the preseason.

As much crap as I gave him, Id probably give the 5th spot to Heyward-Bey. I mean, he may not be good, but Justin Brown might just be another Dallas Baker...a guy who shows up in practice but shows NOTHING in any game situation. At least DHB has shown SOMETHING...even if alot of it is not good.

Just wanted to get some more thoughts on this.

Would you guys bet on Justin Brown showing something going forward, or hold onto Heyward Bey for the time being.

I just dont think Justin Brown has done anything to earn a roster spot...and this is coming from one of the few guys on here who was happy we drafted him.


I agree. Not to much I disagree with you. Never really have, but don't let that get to your head(joke). I have been highly disappointed with brown. But if you really think about it. A lot of WR's would look like all stars against our corners. Sad but true
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group