Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Brooks Restructures His Contract

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Ahmad Brooks Restructures His Contract Reply with quote

Quote:
@Jason_OTC: Looks like OLB Ahmad Brooks has restructured contract with #49ers, creating just over $2M in cap.

Quote:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 36s
Per @Jason_OTC, Ahmad Brooks restructured his contract. Lowered base salary to $855k, cleared $2M in cap space

Does this mean we try to extend one of our guys before the season?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Crabtree a extension

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahmad Brooks Restructures His Contract Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
@Jason_OTC: Looks like OLB Ahmad Brooks has restructured contract with #49ers, creating just over $2M in cap.

Quote:
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 36s
Per @Jason_OTC, Ahmad Brooks restructured his contract. Lowered base salary to $855k, cleared $2M in cap space

Does this mean we try to extend one of our guys before the season?

It doesn't matter when, whether it's now or next year. The 2m cleared this year, if unused, will roll over to next year.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49erurtaza wrote:
Get Crabtree a extension

+1

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see the Crabs extension happening. I'm holding my breath and praying like you guys but I think he just wants to hit the market. I'm thinking this is either for Boon or Iupati.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love an Aldon extension. If he keeps it together I'd rather have him than Crabtree. He takes the D to another level when he's right and I see the potential for a "we believe in you" discount whereas I think Crabtree wants to test free agency. You hear all the time in basketball how the free agents say that it's "nice to feel wanted" and (this is based on nothing other than impressions he's made on me) I think Crabtree wants to make his rounds in the offseason and be courted. I'd easily pay around $8 million a year for him which is around top 10 WR money but I don't know that we could get an extension done for that much right now. We can't keep everyone and if I had to pick one of Aldon, Iupati and Crabtree; I'd pick Aldon, even with the baggage.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to pick between Crabtree, Iupati and Aldon, I easily pick Crabtree because he's the most vital piece of the offense as it related to Kaepernick. Crabtree is and has been Kaepernick's go to guy since day one. Excluding the Packers game last year, everyone saw how Kaepernick played without Crabtree and if it wasnt for Boldin, he would have played worse.

In order, Crabtree, Aldon and Iupati would be my focus. With that said, Aldon can wait as he wont be an UFA until 2016. I personally would wait until next off-season/otas/training camp before extending Aldon.

Iupati is the odd man out. With us drafting Brandon Thomas who's an ideal fit at LG and wont be able to play until 2015, it's almost a perfect scenario.

As for Brooks, does his restructure affect future years or no?
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the money goes unused it does roll over but i think it was done for a move that should be happening rather quickly. Next few days.

Crabs iupati or Aldon. I'm going with Aldon as well with some in contract stuff similar to tyrann. And if he goofs something then the guaranteed money is void or somethig similar.

Iupati is also a possibility. But I don't see him gettin top og money from us.
Same with crabs. I think he's worth right around 8 as stated above but he wants more. But with his connection with kap, balke is going to try toget something done probably.

We shall find out soon.

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were reports yesterday that Crabtree and the front office were not close on the terms. So it would be surprising if both sides come to an guaranteed in the next few days, but the same was said about the Kaepernick situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: