Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Battle #7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will start at #2 WR Week 1?
David Nelson
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Stephen Hill
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Jeremy Kerley
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Shaq Evans
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jacoby Ford
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Training Camp Battle #7 Reply with quote

Eric Decker will definitely be the #1 but who will line up on the outside as #2? We have Nelson who is reliable but best as a 4th option, Kerley is great in the slot but definitely capable of playing outside and the likely winner. Then we have Stephen Hill who we are all playing breaks out or shows something. Both rookies will have a shot but Evans is more built for the outside than Saunders who will line up inside. Jacoby Ford is having a solid offseason but I can't see much happening come preseason.

I honestly don't know who to vote, I guess Kerley? Nelson will lineup outside when there's more than 2 receivers, Shaq is struggling with drops and Hill looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. If we only play two Wr, it will mostly be Kerley and Decker, and if we go to three Nelson will get most snaps.

I think we could see a lot of two Wr and two TE formations or even two Wr and two rbs (with CJ more as a pass catcher).

Barring injury we could have an exciting offense this year.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see us using a good amount of 2 TE sets which should really have 2 WRs playing. Decker and Kerley will be the 2 WRs. But as for depth chart I see it like this.

Decker, Kerley, Nelson, Saunders, hill, Evans, ford.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Nelson last season, but I think this is Hill's season. The only thing that held him back last season was the injury. He didn't drop a pass last season when Geno targeted him. Now he seems to be healthy and making more plays than any other #2 WR option. If Hill plays well, that will open up everything for Decker, Kerley, Amaro, and CJ from the backfield.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people get caught up in the hype for offensive weapons rather than not paying attention to their draft spot, what college they played for, combine numbers, etc. because based on camps for the Jets Saunders is the 3rd best WR on this team after decker and Kerley.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a clear cut #2 type guy... Kerley will probably get more targets than Nelson or Hill, but we all agree he is our #3 slot guy. I think Nelson see's the field a bit more than Hill just because he is so steady and dependable.

That is of course unless all this Hill hype has some sort of foundation in reality.... which seems unlikely.
famousj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Kerley because he is second best WR on the team outside of Decker. I don't necessarily think he will be WR playing opposite Decker come Game 1. We'll like it to be Stephen HIll to provide the deep threat option but I don't see him beating out Nelston who has been too consistent. Evans is too raw to do anything with the team this year. Ford is just a special teams ace who may not see anytime on the field.
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill can stretch the field he just can't stay on it

Overall Decker/Nelson/Kerley will get eaten alive by zone teams

Hill can thrive playing with Decker and Kerley and then you add in Amaro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: