Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What were your thoughts on Sanders as a Steeler?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
ComebackKid wrote:
Personally, I never liked Sanders from the get go. He has good speed and quickness, but he has inconsistent hands. He's a great route runner but for some reason he never produced the numbers that would say so.

It's a good signing for you guys, he's a upgrade from Decker. With a guy like Peyton Manning he should do very well with you guys.

Not sure how Sanders is an upgrade from Decker. Maybe not a downgrade, but not an upgrade.

The difference between Decker and Sanders has more to do with skillSET than overall skill.

Sanders is better suited to play the slot while Decker is better suited to be the split end.

Overall, Id take Decker over Sanders though.

Very different players but I do think Sanders will be an upgrade to Decker...perhaps not statistically but in value to the Bronco offense I certainly think he will make them a more versatile, dangerous unit.

Sanders is quicker, faster, a better route runner, and has (cough) better hands.

Decker is more physical and an impact run blocker.

We are always talking about complimentary receivers to add to Brown...in the same vein Sanders is far more complimentary to Thomas and Latimer than Decker is. In fact, I think Latimer and Decker are extremely comparable in skillsets. Sanders brings a unique element to the Denver corp where Decker didn't.

Throw in that Sanders hasn't been a model of consistency, but Decker has definitely been a model of inconsistency.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
ComebackKid wrote:
Personally, I never liked Sanders from the get go. He has good speed and quickness, but he has inconsistent hands. He's a great route runner but for some reason he never produced the numbers that would say so.

It's a good signing for you guys, he's a upgrade from Decker. With a guy like Peyton Manning he should do very well with you guys.

Not sure how Sanders is an upgrade from Decker. Maybe not a downgrade, but not an upgrade.

The difference between Decker and Sanders has more to do with skillSET than overall skill.

Sanders is better suited to play the slot while Decker is better suited to be the split end.

Overall, Id take Decker over Sanders though.

Very different players but I do think Sanders will be an upgrade to Decker...perhaps not statistically but in value to the Bronco offense I certainly think he will make them a more versatile, dangerous unit.

Sanders is quicker, faster, a better route runner, and has (cough) better hands.

Decker is more physical and an impact run blocker.

We are always talking about complimentary receivers to add to Brown...in the same vein Sanders is far more complimentary to Thomas and Latimer than Decker is. In fact, I think Latimer and Decker are extremely comparable in skillsets. Sanders brings a unique element to the Denver corp where Decker didn't.

Throw in that Sanders hasn't been a model of consistency, but Decker has definitely been a model of inconsistency.

I agree he brings more to that offense than Decker did, but in general, I think Decker is a better player...but its not a huge gap IMO.

Thats why I was saying that Sanders would be better in the slot.

If he plays there next to DT and Latimer, he could have some nice years ahead of him. However, right now, I think Sanders will be on the outside with Welker in the slot. I think Sanders may replace Sanders next year, but RIGHT NOW, I think Decker is more suited for the role Sanders will likely play.

Anyway...there isnt a notable gap IMO, so I wont argue it much.
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very hard time believing Sanders is better route runner than Decker. Decker is one of the best route runners in the game, I have seen some Sanders, but I don't think he is THAT good. Decker's issue was his clumsiness/lack of coordination in the open field. It somehow became a strength in the red-zone though as Decker was a beast in the red-zone, but I didn't trust him at all in the open field due to how common it was for him to stumble upon nothing and fumble. I guess that is the biggest difference between the two since Sanders is the opposite. Decker knew how to get open and run routes though, was also pretty good using his hands in the LOS to beat the press.

I think Sanders might be the #2/outside WR on this team, but I am honestly hoping that Latimer beats him for that spot. I think Latimer is more talented, but he is only a rookie, so we will see how that goes. My hope as a Broncos fan is that Sanders is used in ST such as PR/KR and is the #4 WR and replaces Welker in the slot whether he needs a breather or is injured.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: