Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offensive Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Offensive Line Reply with quote

What is the status of Willie Colon. I see he was moved to PUP list. Who are Jets projecting as the 2 starting Guards
TonyMaC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colon is on a different kind of PUP list where he can be cleared to practice at anytime during training camp and not have to worry about being kept of the roster for the first 6 weeks. After getting his knee scoped lats spring they don't want to push him too hard. At this point keeping off the field is just precautionary, they want him healthy by week 1, thats the priority.

Till then, Oday Aboushi, who had stepped up and taken starting reps along with Winters last spring, is a projected starter in Colon's place. for which side I can't tell you, for how long I don't know.

we're just gonna have to see how things play out. I'd say the best case scenario is one where the two sophomore players Winters and Aboushi run away with it.
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line is my biggest concern. We upgraded or expect improvements from every other position.

On the o line we have vets, Mangold, who I thought had a solid 2013 but is getting older and Ferguson who IMO had a very sub-par 2013 and is also getting older. Both of them were adversely affected by the poor showing by Winters at LG. New vet Giacomini only played half of 2013 and for me, is an unknown factor; Winters, from what I read was moved to RG and still has a lot to prove; Aboushi at LG is also an unknown; Colon is coming off an injury and Dozier is a rookie. Hopefully the young guys and vets can jell over the next six weeks.
jamax99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree online, but also think corner is biggest question mark. Very young and Heath concerns.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see our line being very middle of the pack in the nfl. Not good, but not bad. Mangold needs to be the backbone, Brick needs a bounce back season, Breno needs to build off last season, and whoever is at both guard spots needs to step up.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I think our line will be solid and not considered a weakness. I like the depth/potential of the OG's. Colon, Winters, Dozier, Aboushi, and maybe Will Campbell.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: