Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Battle #5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will start at LG Week 1?
Brian Winters
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Oday Aboushi
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Dakota Dozier
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Training Camp Battle #5 Reply with quote

Both Guard spots could see new starters this season, but who. We will start with LG where Brian Winters got the nod as a rookie last season. This year he may end up switching to RG but he definitely has a future on the line somewhere. Oday Aboushi has been converted from RT to LG and has received positive buzz. He may not be as talented or nasty as Winters but he may have a more consistent level of play, and has an extra year of experience. Winters may be most comfortable playing RG, but he wasn't bad for a rookie at LG. The other man in the battle is Dakota Dozier the rookie. We've started rookies in the past so it wouldn't be a surprise at all. He was great value where he was picked and if he doesn't play this season, he will in the near future.

I think Winters ends up starting at RG if Colon is not ready to go. Even if Colon starts, Winters is getting RG reps so this is Aboushi's to lose right now IMO. Dozier could use a year in the system, he has a bright future.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we see Aboushi at LG and Winters at RG.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I think we see Aboushi at LG and Winters at RG.

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to hear that Aboushi was doing well at LG. I didn't like him at all as a Tackle so maybe guard is his position. I still think Winters moves back to LG because he played it all last year, improved over the last couple of games, and now has a year experience playing between Mangold and Ferguson.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
I was surprised to hear that Aboushi was doing well at LG. I didn't like him at all as a Tackle so maybe guard is his position. I still think Winters moves back to LG because he played it all last year, improved over the last couple of games, and now has a year experience playing between Mangold and Ferguson.

I was also surprised to hear Aboushi as a guard, but if you look at a picture of the kid he has added TONS of muscle. I think all he did was lift since he was drafted.

Also lets not forget Dozier, i think he has as much or more potential as either Winters or Aboushi, I don't expct anything out of him this year but in the future he could be nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: