Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ADAP28MVP247 Thread (2014 Season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
bout time that boy settled down, he's been a wild one!

True that. He's got more kids than career receiving touchdowns. I know someone (distant friend of the family) that has a kid by Adrian.

That said, I'm not trying to rag on him. Keep doing you, AP.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Keep doing you, AP.

Must. Resist. Joke. About. Fathering. Children...
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
bout time that boy settled down, he's been a wild one!

True that. He's got more kids than career receiving touchdowns. I know someone (distant friend of the family) that has a kid by Adrian.

That said, I'm not trying to rag on him. Keep doing you, AP.

Interesting. After doing a quick google search, it appears Adrian Peterson may have 7 children. (This is according to one article I will not post due to foul language posted within it)

I only knew of his eldest daughter, Adrian Jr. and deceased child Tyrese Ruffin. These 3 were of public knowledge for the most part.

No disrespect, but Adrian has got around. I'm glad he's settling in. That woman next to Adrian (assuming she is the wife of Peterson) is very attractive too!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hopefully, like when Ponder got married, this will give Peterson a boost in performance.

When did this happen? Or are you just being sarcastic. Smile
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
hopefully, like when Ponder got married, this will give Peterson a boost in performance.

no, Ponder played better after he was married, we all commented on it.

that's why we had avatars of Samantha, as a good luck charm. some still do.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

no, Ponder played better after he was married, we all commented on it.

that's why we had avatars of Samantha, as a good luck charm. some still do.

All I remember was a solid stretch of games to close the season and then he got hurt for the playoff game.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that number of 7 is true, then he's only halfway to Calvin Murphy status. I wouldn't want his child support bill.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley’s Twitter profile also notes that she is a wife. Her Twitter name, by the way, is @MrsAshPeterson.

http://bringmethenews.com/2014/07/22/it-looks-like-adrian-peterson-got-married/#.U86TEwTlbrU.facebook

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're told Adrian and Ashley have been on-and-off since Adrian's college days. As we previously reported, Adrian has 6 children ... and at least one of those is with Ashley.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/22/adrian-peterson-yes-i-got-married/#ixzz38FfJu5ms

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson was frustrated with the Vikings' decision to fire Leslie Frazier, a coach for whom the 2012 NFL MVP said he wanted to play for the rest of his career, and he was leery about playing for his third coach in eight years, without any guarantee the Vikings were any closer to winning a championship. The Vikings' decision to hire Mike Zimmer -- and Zimmer's decision to hire offensive coordinator Norv Turner -- restored Peterson's faith in the organization, he said.

Peterson: "I wasn't happy. I wasn't feeling good about being here in Minnesota at the end of last season. Coaches change, but everything was shaken up. That changed when these guys came in, and draft picks and different things like that. I bought back in, and I'll let it ride out."

"I don't play this game to break all the records and not have a championship. But I feel like we can do it here. I honestly do. If I ever start to feel differently, my actions will show that. But for now, I'm locked in, man. I feel like we have the right pieces to be able to accomplish winning a championship. I can't be foolish and say, 'Oh, I'm just going to stick around forever,' if we have no hopes of winning a championship. You've got to be able to be smart and take advantage of the time you have. ... But right now, I feel like we have the right pieces, the right coaches, to get it done."

Peterson said there still could be a point where he wants to head elsewhere if the Vikings aren't contending, though he couldn't put a timetable on when that might happen. He is signed through 2017 and is the highest-paid running back in the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11291485/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-admits-was-unhappy-leslie-frazier-firing-energized-new-coaches

Webmaster wrote:
SodakViking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at career rushing yards today...

Adrian is 1,122 yards away from passing OJ Simpson all-time.

2,198 yards from passing Jim Brown.

To pass LaDainian Tomlinson, he needs 3,570 yards.

And in order to be the all-time leader, Adrian Peterson needs 8,241 yards.

yankee0724 wrote:

Kevin Hart is to comedy what Brady Quinn is to the NFL QB.
since72

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Tribune - Souhan wrote:
Burning desire fuels goal for Vikings' Peterson: Best player ever

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/272815761.html

Quote:
“I think breaking Emmitt’s record will help, as far as stats go, in trying to become the best player of all time,” he said. “But even though Emmitt has the record, I don’t feel like he’s the best back of all time. If I had to take him or Barry Sanders, I’m taking Barry every time. There are a lot of things that I factor in other than statistics.”

Nice article about Adrian's off-season 7 hour a day workouts.

Quote:
“I’ve been watching the offense the last few games, and it’s like, ‘Man, they don’t even need me,’ ” he said. “Teams are going to have to play more honest. If they do stack the box, we’ll beat them with the passing game .

“This is going to be the best offense I’ve played in. This is the offense I’ve been waiting for.”
Krauser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article. Love this part:

Quote:
“I’ve been watching the offense the last few games, and it’s like, ‘Man, they don’t even need me,’ ” he said. “Teams are going to have to play more honest. If they do stack the box, we’ll beat them with the passing game.

“This is going to be the best offense I’ve played in. This is the offense I’ve been waiting for. We’ve got the pieces to facilitate moving the ball around. When Brett Favre was here, listen, when I saw those deep balls going up and guys making big plays, I was like, ‘Yeah!’ That makes your team very scary.”

Peterson praised one of his former offensive coordinators, Darrell Bevell, now with the Seahawks. “This offense is going to be like night and day from what we’ve experienced in the past,” he said. “Not to throw salt at the previous offensive coordinators — Coach Bevell was good, I have to give him credit — but Coach Turner has been doing this for 30 years. There aren’t many offensive coordinators who can compare to him.”
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD is right though...at this point, I believe Barry Sanders is the best RB that ever played...although I should clarify that with the fact that I never saw Jim Brown play. I did watch Payton, Sanders, Campbell, Smith, and Dickerson. Dickerson was my favorite, but Sanders is the best of the bunch.

If AD can pass Emmitt in yards, he will be the best RB of all-time. I don't think he'll ever be able to be the best player, because that's Jerry Rice...but best RB, certainly.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
AD is right though...at this point, I believe Barry Sanders is the best RB that ever played...although I should clarify that with the fact that I never saw Jim Brown play. I did watch Payton, Sanders, Campbell, Smith, and Dickerson. Dickerson was my favorite, but Sanders is the best of the bunch.

If AD can pass Emmitt in yards, he will be the best RB of all-time. I don't think he'll ever be able to be the best player, because that's Jerry Rice...but best RB, certainly.

The best of all time WAS Jim Brown. Peterson is the only other running back that compares to Browns' combination of power and speed!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: