Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AG20 Roster Thoughts: Tackles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I wasn't sure where to put it, so I'll just ask the forum opinion in this thread...

Say Sitton or Lang gets hurt. Is it out of the realm of possibility to play the shuffle game and move Bulaga to guard and Barclay/Sherrod to tackle?

Well playing Barclay outside and Bulaga in would be silly.
QFT.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barclay would go to Guard.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Easily. Not sure where this Bulaga at guard idea is coming from, but the sum of the parts is best Barclay in and leaving Bulaga pretty easily.

Texasmade wrote:
Shoot me an email.

jcanseco33@gmail.com
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bahk and Sherrod are the starting OT and Bulaga is the 3rd tackle off the bench (swing tackle) then moving Bulaga inside is not that much of a reach should one of Lang or Sitton go down.

I want to see Bulaga on the field as it has been nearly 2 years since he has played and has had 2 leg injuries. Want to see what he has before handing him the guarantee of a starting job.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
If Bahk and Sherrod are the starting OT and Bulaga is the 3rd tackle off the bench (swing tackle) then moving Bulaga inside is not that much of a reach should one of Lang or Sitton go down.

I want to see Bulaga on the field as it has been nearly 2 years since he has played and has had 2 leg injuries. Want to see what he has before handing him the guarantee of a starting job.

Bulaga is starting. Come on.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Easily. Not sure where this Bulaga at guard idea is coming from, but the sum of the parts is best Barclay in and leaving Bulaga pretty easily.

I was thinking sum of all parts, Barclay at RT and Bulaga at G is better than Bulaga at RT and Barclay at G. Hopefully we don't find out.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

I was thinking sum of all parts, Barclay at RT and Bulaga at G is better than Bulaga at RT and Barclay at G. Hopefully we don't find out.

Strongly disagree.
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
squire12 wrote:

I think he is lining up with the #1's for sure. But he has not played since November of 2012, and he had some rough patches in the first half of that year as well. Also hip injury and ACL, just not a guarantee for me that he is the starting RT.

Guess I am saying of our starting OT's are some combination of Bahk / Bulaga / Sherrod, whichever 2 win the positions, I will not be upset about it as we should have 2 solid OT's out of that group.

As a recent poster might say...."PUT THE PADZ ON"
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm with AG on this one fully.

Also...
Packers OT Derek Sherrod spent the entire offseason program at right tackle.
The Packers want the walk-year lineman to focus on one position after being limited to 13 appearances through his first three NFL seasons. OL coach James Campen was impressed with Sherrod's offseason. "The kid looks terrific," Campen said. "The next step for him is to get him into the daily grind, put the pads on and go pound it." Sherrod is not in the mix for a starting job. Jul 10 - 5:09 PM
Source: ESPN.com

Texasmade wrote:
Shoot me an email.

jcanseco33@gmail.com
deathstar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Yeah I'm with AG on this one fully.

Also...
Packers OT Derek Sherrod spent the entire offseason program at right tackle.
The Packers want the walk-year lineman to focus on one position after being limited to 13 appearances through his first three NFL seasons. OL coach James Campen was impressed with Sherrod's offseason. "The kid looks terrific," Campen said. "The next step for him is to get him into the daily grind, put the pads on and go pound it." Sherrod is not in the mix for a starting job. Jul 10 - 5:09 PM
Source: ESPN.com

Got this from ESPN as well...

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=38061

Quote:
Sherrod has been working with the No. 2 offensive line at left tackle, behind starter David Bakhtiari. The Packers arenít in pads during OTAs, so it wonít be until training camp and preseason games that the coaches will get a more accurate gauge of where Sherrod is in his comeback.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Strongly disagree.

Fair enough.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
squire12 wrote:

Agreed. Before his injury last summer they moved him to LT because he was the best tackle on the roster and I believe he still is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Barclay is a much better guard than tackle. He started at RT out of necessity last year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Strongly disagree.

Fair enough.
Basically what I think it boils down to is, you want your best pass protecting tackles, playing tackle. A healthy Bulaga is one of the best pass pro RT's in football, Barclay is average/below average. Not his fault, he is just limited.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: