Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Leonhard: I've had 'conversations' with Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give him a shot just to return punts. I mean that. Rex Ryan once said that Leohnard could field a punt in a hurricane, and that's exactly what I want back there returning punts. I get more nervous watching punt returners try to field a punt than any other play in football for some reason, and it would be excellent to have somebody back there as good at fielding them as he was.

As far as playing safety, I'd be totally fine with him taking snaps at safety. I think there's gonna be a wildly different look to our secondary this year and I see a lot of different lineups at safety and nickle corner. If Leohnard is schematically sound and is in the right place at the right time, well, I'd rather have that with his lack of speed than anything else. Preferably, Clinton-Dix will take most of the snaps at safety and do his job well, but...

And also, he'd be perfect depth. I don't want to see a scenario where Richardson or Banjo have to take a lot of snaps at safety this year.
vannzee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he even return punts anymore?
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Just for fun I checked a few depth charts at lunch today, and I did a few and everyone was at 90. It's not a big deal or anything but I find it odd that Thompson of all people wouldn't have that full yet.

What is the limit? I'd guess we take a final look at Jermichael as real camp approaches.

For rosters? 90, but GB is at 89. I know I'm making something out of nothing but it's just strange to me.

I'd say it's certainly something, not nothing. There's no reason to go into camp with 89. We're obviously either looking to add another player at a position of weakness, or holding out for Finley. I would say we'll absolutely add another player before July 26th, unless the staff is really hoping to bring Finley back at some point during camp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he may not be a playmaker but he'd most likely be solid at 3 positions, S, returner, and STs. he's always been an effort player who played above his measurable's and would provide some veteran leadership in a really young safety unit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
he may not be a playmaker but he'd most likely be solid at 3 positions, S, returner, and STs. he's always been an effort player who played above his measurable's and would provide some veteran leadership in a really young safety unit.

This.

But then again would you really want to cut one of your young talented players? (Banjo/SRich) for him? I feel like there's a lot of pros and cons either way and there isnt really a true wrong or right answer. I'm leaning towards the bring him in decision.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: