Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does Dennis Allen need to do to stick around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 1884
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
SPaceGhost wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I really like DA but I think it'll take at least 6 wins to keep his job. The problem is if we pick high and DA loses his job, Carr will get the boot so we would have wasted a high 2nd rounder on nothing (a la the Mike Glennon situation in TB). I like the QBs at the top of the draft next year but I would rather roll with carr and land another blue chip prospect (OT/DE/DT/WR). This makes me wonder if in the end it would have been smarter to take Allen Robinson, Rashede Hageman, Kony Ealy, or any other player who could have been a contributor right away for us. Hopefully DA keeps his job so carr can continue to develop. I truly think that he can be special for us in the right situation.


Even if RM and DA get the boot after this year, or during the season, Carr will stay. The incoming HC and OC would love to have that kind of prospect to develop, not give away, and like you said it would be wasteful. (*I didn't want Carr, but we got 'im so let's keep and use 'im Wink )


In my opinion head coaches like to get their "guy" for their system, especially if they switch from a west coast ofense to a vertical offense (which I think carr could excel at Very Happy). Ideally it wouldn't affect carr but numerous qbs have been replaced following a poor season like Glennon, Clausen (i know he sucked), etc. If we pick top 3, I have a bad feeling a new hc staff will choose mariota or winston and deal carr to a team needing a developmental qb like the saints. Maybe its just me.


I'd hate Mariota. I think he's going to be a bust.


Agreed. Assuming a new coaching staff does scorched earth, the only qb i would possibly want is Winston. He's gonna be a star, character concerns or not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14415
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
For the most part he has learned from them and the team to me has kept progressing as a whole.


The team was in a free fall to end the season.

That is why as I said as a whole. While it would appear the whole team free falled I dont believe that to be true. Some players actually elevated their play towards the end of the season. However the poor QB play by both guys, Jano's continued failures and even more injuries were more visible and contributed greatly to said free fall.


No idea who elevated his play towards the end of the season. We were getting blown out by everybody. Jano's failures surely weren't the reason for that. Injuries can be used as an excuse. There wasn't any progress at this point though. Which is what i disagree with.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 15097
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
For the most part he has learned from them and the team to me has kept progressing as a whole.


The team was in a free fall to end the season.

That is why as I said as a whole. While it would appear the whole team free falled I dont believe that to be true. Some players actually elevated their play towards the end of the season. However the poor QB play by both guys, Jano's continued failures and even more injuries were more visible and contributed greatly to said free fall.


No idea who elevated his play towards the end of the season. We were getting blown out by everybody. Jano's failures surely weren't the reason for that. Injuries can be used as an excuse. There wasn't any progress at this point though. Which is what i disagree with.
this.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3289
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
For the most part he has learned from them and the team to me has kept progressing as a whole.


The team was in a free fall to end the season.

That is why as I said as a whole. While it would appear the whole team free falled I dont believe that to be true. Some players actually elevated their play towards the end of the season. However the poor QB play by both guys, Jano's continued failures and even more injuries were more visible and contributed greatly to said free fall.


No idea who elevated his play towards the end of the season. We were getting blown out by everybody. Jano's failures surely weren't the reason for that. Injuries can be used as an excuse. There wasn't any progress at this point though. Which is what i disagree with.


Andre Holmes.

The last 5 games of the season he had the 15th most rec. yards in the NFL. That was with one of if not the worst QB situation in the NFL.

Obviously no one on the defense was that good which is why the only starters to come back are Woodson, Burnett, Moore, Roach, and Sims. I'm not including Hayden or Branch because they barley played. The defense and oline severely lacked depth last year which was the cause of most of the problems.
_________________


On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14415
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:

Andre Holmes.


One guy who didn't play to start the season because he was suspended can't be the sign of the "progress" of the team led by the coaching staff, can he?
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5559
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with 4 wins I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Davis lets Allen see out his last year to simply save some extra $$$$.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3289
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

Andre Holmes.


One guy who didn't play to start the season because he was suspended can't be the sign of the "progress" of the team led by the coaching staff, can he?


There wasn't a lot of talented young players on the roster. In fact there wasn't very many talented players on the roster. I feel this year will reveal how good our coaching is, due to getting improved talent.
_________________


On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 15097
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@PGutierrezESPN: Not sure you can put an actual number on what would "save" Reggie McKenzie and/or Dennis Allen. Sure, Mark Davis wants to see progress and the most tangible measuring stick for that is the number in the "win" column. But with how tough this schedule is this season and having rebuilt the defense, again, and bringing in another quarterback, patience should be shown ... for continuity sake. Now, if the Raiders get off to a slow start -- think 0-4 with a lifeless showing on an international stage in London -- and the team is not responding to Allen, that goes beyond growing pains, and Allen's seat will be white hot. I'm still feeling 5-11/6-10, which would technically be an improvement from a pair of 4-12 seasons in Allen's first two years. It's all in the how the Raiders play.


http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/4975/raiders-twitter-mailbag-17
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group