Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank the biggest liability on this defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who sucks a lot?
Brad Jones
69%
 69%  [ 30 ]
BJ Raji
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
AJ Hawk
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Morgan Burnett
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Other
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 43

Skypilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll was worded "who sucks a lot." It should have included a 'check all that apply" option. As a unit this defense has often sucked a lot the past three seasons.

And, while nobody may think Raji sucks a lot, he's been underperforming for each of the last three seasons: Each season progressively worse than the last. A top ten draft pick, healthy and at what should be the prime of his career at age 27, and he's 'forced' to sign a one year contract for several million as an unrestricted FA at a position with fewer alternatives than most? That sucks.

Meanwhile, whipping boy Brad Jones had a stellar 2012 campaign and signed for 3/$12 m. Who sucks more? The answer is---they all suck until they prove otherwise. You too, Nick Perry and Datone Jones. Laughing
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
The poll was worded "who sucks a lot."

Yeah, and if there was a list for posters, you'd win in a landslide
fan-59

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
The poll was worded "who sucks a lot." It should have included a 'check all that apply" option. As a unit this defense has often sucked a lot the past three seasons.

And, while nobody may think Raji sucks a lot, he's been underperforming for each of the last three seasons: Each season progressively worse than the last. A top ten draft pick, healthy and at what should be the prime of his career at age 27, and he's 'forced' to sign a one year contract for several million as an unrestricted FA at a position with fewer alternatives than most? That sucks.

Meanwhile, whipping boy Brad Jones had a stellar 2012 campaign and signed for 3/$12 m. Who sucks more? The answer is---they all suck until they prove otherwise. You too, Nick Perry and Datone Jones. Laughing

two years ago Raji graded out as our best DL, so thats wrong as well, do you post anything that is right? Laughing

Not having a good FS, is like never finding a wayside with a porty, eventually it's gonna stink Laughing
Skypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fan-59 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:

two years ago Raji graded out as our best DL, so thats wrong as well, do you post anything that is right? Laughing

Not having a good FS, is like never finding a wayside with a porty, eventually it's gonna stink Laughing

That Raji was 2010, FOUR years ago, my UP friend. Laughing Look, TT's gotten you TWO FS in Hyde and Ha Ha. He got your coordinator Peppers and a NT. What will the excuse be this year? At Dom finally got Perry on the right side. That's a start. Wink
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
fan-59 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:

That Raji was 2010, FOUR years ago, my UP friend. Laughing Look, TT's gotten you TWO FS in Hyde and Ha Ha. He got your coordinator Peppers and a NT. What will the excuse be this year? At Dom finally got Perry on the right side. That's a start. Wink

So your favorite toy said Raji had a great 2012. Raji's coaches said he had a great 2012. The pressure numbers say that Raji had a very solid 2012,

Are you capable of admitting that Raji had a good 2012 or are you steadfastly refusing to backdown from your incorrect notion?
fan-59

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
fan-59 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:

So your favorite toy said Raji had a great 2012. Raji's coaches said he had a great 2012. The pressure numbers say that Raji had a very solid 2012,

Are you capable of admitting that Raji had a good 2012 or are you steadfastly refusing to backdown from your incorrect notion?

Toy, I dont think I've ever been called a Toy before, I suppose this is how kids talk these days Laughing

seems I remember Raji getting a B grade from McGinn in 2012.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fan-59 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
fan-59 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:

Toy, I dont think I've ever been called a Toy before, I suppose this is how kids talk these days Laughing

seems I remember Raji getting a B grade from McGinn in 2012.

AG20 was talking about PFF I'm pretty sure... Laughing

Sig brought to you by Justo
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
1. ILB Opposite of Hawk. Hawk is fine. Jones just played way too soft at times and his pass coverage didn't make up for his bad run fits.

2. Interior Run Defense. Raji is up and down, left and right. Thornton, Boyd and Worthy need to step up and get some consistent run defense next to Raji.

3. Safety Play. It's going to be incredibly difficult for HaHa Clinton-Dix to be as bad or somehow worse than Doc Jennings. But Morgan Burnett needs to step up a lot from last year. 0 interceptions from our Safeties won't cut it this year.

I totally agree with you and to simplify what you are saying, I believe, is the entire middle of the defense was certainly the big liability last year. Maybe moving Raji back to just nose tackles and improving safety play will help, but Green Bay needs to find that thumper ILB to play next to Hawk like they had with Desmond Bishop. That is when this defense was the toughest.
maruspialcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't fathom how anybody can legitimately think Hawk is the biggest liability on this defense. The dude has been rock solid in most phases of the game aside from the occasional lapse in coverage. Not to mention, on a team full of players made of glass, he has been the only player on the defensive side of the ball to stay consistently healthy.

Right now I would have to say Brad Jones is the biggest liability on the defense. While he has shown to be smooth in coverage at times, he was horrid at playing the run last year. His lack of instincts and size got him killed. It also seems like the more he got beat up in the run game, the less effective he was on passing downs as well.
fan-59

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
1. ILB Opposite of Hawk. Hawk is fine. Jones just played way too soft at times and his pass coverage didn't make up for his bad run fits.

2. Interior Run Defense. Raji is up and down, left and right. Thornton, Boyd and Worthy need to step up and get some consistent run defense next to Raji.

3. Safety Play. It's going to be incredibly difficult for HaHa Clinton-Dix to be as bad or somehow worse than Doc Jennings. But Morgan Burnett needs to step up a lot from last year. 0 interceptions from our Safeties won't cut it this year.

I totally agree with you and to simplify what you are saying, I believe, is the entire middle of the defense was certainly the big liability last year. Maybe moving Raji back to just nose tackles and improving safety play will help, but Green Bay needs to find that thumper ILB to play next to Hawk like they had with Desmond Bishop. That is when this defense was the toughest.

problem is, Bishop wasn't much better than Hawk in coverage, good run stopping duo though.
actually I read Jones graded better than Hawk in 012, in 10 games he 80 tackles, and did well in coverage.
Last year he was hurt off and on the whole year, I expect Jones will bounce back this year, probably never be as stout as Bishop near the LOS, but much better in space, and coverage is a big part of Will backer play.
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maruspialcat wrote:
I just don't fathom how anybody can legitimately think Hawk is the biggest liability on this defense. The dude has been rock solid in most phases of the game aside from the occasional lapse in coverage. Not to mention, on a team full of players made of glass, he has been the only player on the defensive side of the ball to stay consistently healthy.

People are still [inappropriate/removed] he didn't turn into a 300 tackles, 27 sacks, thirty-six interceptions a season linebacker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: