Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.O.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes down to it, its as simple as this. Eagles wont give TO a new contract, and its up to TO if he wants to play this season or not. AR will work with what his has and hell make things happen. If TO wants to win a superbowl, he will play this season.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak,
Your looking at it like a fan but this is a business !
TO has already decided the money is more important than the ring !
And he thinks by becoming a FA he will get the big pay day.
Who knows if he is correct and will get it ?
But he is moving towards that goal = to be a FA
By attacking the Organization, team mates, and
next it will be the city and fans.
liquid

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the clarification. so 6 million plus was used in the cap from last year b/c they had enough room to do so. didn't realize this. so no big cap hit.
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True
and 2006 is set up the same way, most of bonus 5 million is
roster bonus so its goes against 2006 not spread out.
Banner is keeping TO on a year to year bases so if they have a problem
they have little or no cap hits.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JB -- But the other part of my question remains..if TO chooses to come back but the Eagles don't want him they can tell him to stay home. ssuming they don't find a suitable offer in trade they can just force him to sit and eat his salary.
Does that affect their roster? And does it affect the cap in amy way (i.e.- if they choose to get the part of their money back they can for him skipping camp does that help their cap now?)
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyTransplant,
I think I understand what your asking ?

The Eagles have these options:
1. Cut TO and save 1.7 mil in cap and 3.25 mil in salary. But TO becomes a FA and They do not get back any bonus money.
2. Keep TO on the team. He gets his 3.2 salary and cap stays the same.

The Eagles cannot keep TO and tell him not to report for the season and not pay him. If the eagles keep him then they have to pay him per his contract. They cannot make him eat his salary.

Problem is say they want to keep him on the beach. He would be totally out of control and they would have to cut him any way and during this time period the team would get out of focus for sure. It would be a zoo with the media. I can see it now TO conducting Interviews on the sideline during the game. AR would go crazy !

If TO does not report that would be stupid and great for the eagles for a money stand point. They would not pay him, they can fine him, they can try to get some of the signing bonus back 1.2 mil, and they do not have to put up with him acting up on site.
Pray he does not show if they cannot resolve this problem.

I think the Eagles have to correct this problem at the latest mid camp By
1. Redoing TO's contract which I do not think they will do or
2. Trade TO which he can make real hard to do because he will want a good team
and he will want a big signing bonus or just cut him and let him do his thing but
this course of action set a bad example for others. Its not an easy problem !
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB- don't think you understood what I meant

Last year or maybe the year before, TB told Keyshawn to sit out the last like 4 games even though he was healthy. I don't remember what they called it but it was in affect a suspension that fortold he was going to be gone. He was told to stay home and was not allowed at the team facility. I know they had to pay his salary but did the move affect their roster and couldn't they also pursue some of the signing bonus/roster bonus back?

You're right, if he's aruond without a renewed contract or at least some gaurentee that the 7.5 million will be picked up, he'll probably be a sore that will do nothing but hurt the team. I know they wouldn't want to swallow his money for nothing but in the long run that might be the best.
Phreak

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a good note...

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/11682719.htm

There saying westbrook has fired his agent and hired the same one who represents McNabb, and that westy might be in camp on june 1st.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
weseverett

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great explanation of the Eagles options.

Is there anything the Eagles can do to jamm TO up. For example, suspend and fine him everytime he opens his mouth. I guess he could file grievances. but who cares.

Why wouldn't the Eagles have put some kind of "behavior detrimental to the team" type language in his contract - particularly with that louse.
Basically, just try to stick it to him and let his lawyers try to fight it out. That way any time he did something obnoxious (which is like every 15 minutes) you could go after him.

Maybe TO could just give some of his signing bonus back and the Eagles would agree to release him. Of course, TO isn't going to do that because he is scum.

Let's hope a middle linebacker gets hold of him.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weseverett wrote:
Great explanation of the Eagles options.

Is there anything the Eagles can do to jamm TO up. For example, suspend and fine him everytime he opens his mouth. I guess he could file grievances. but who cares.

Why wouldn't the Eagles have put some kind of "behavior detrimental to the team" type language in his contract - particularly with that louse.
Basically, just try to stick it to him and let his lawyers try to fight it out. That way any time he did something obnoxious (which is like every 15 minutes) you could go after him.

Maybe TO could just give some of his signing bonus back and the Eagles would agree to release him. Of course, TO isn't going to do that because he is scum.

Let's hope a middle linebacker gets hold of him.

great post that would have been perfect for TO what he is doing right now is ludacris. If he gets a new contract that would be a smart call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: