Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. How long is it going to take Teddy B to earn the starting job? What types of numbers do you think owners can expect from him early on and will be worth a roster spot at any point during the 2014 season?

2. What type of sophomore season are you guys expecting from Cordarrelle Patterson? Is Greg Jennings being undervalued as a fantasy commodity?

3. Norv Turner is well-known for bringing out the best in his TEs. Are you guys expecting a breakout year from Kyle Rudolph? What might his numbers look like?

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should ply us with gifts first... or tell jokes... something to show you care.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
perrynoid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Most on this forum expect TB to start at some point this season, if not immediately. Number-wise, since we expect to see a heavy dose of AD early on, don't expect a lot stat-wise. Later in the season, his raw numbers should increase. Expect his TD to Int ration to be great all year, which it was in college, and will contribute to a high passer rating.

Interestingly enough, the position change most likely to benefit the offenses numbers is (hopefully) the improvement at LG, which Yankey should nail down fairly early in TC.

2) Last season, CP scored 10 TD's (2 KR 3 run 5 rec) in limited touches, so I would expect those numbers to increase to the mid-to-high teens (total TDs). Yardage wise, he might crack a thousand rec.

GJ should have good numbers a crossed the board, especially since he and Cassell had a good report. Even if TB starts the entire season, expect Jennings numbers to be good (pred: 1000+ yds, 8+ TDs). One could expect GJ to get the higher rec yds, especially on 3rd down, while CP is the more elusive player and should generate more TDs per touch.

3) KR should get 500-800 yds rec if he can stay healthy, perhaps as many as 5-10 TD's since he has proven to be a good red zone target.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. How long is it going to take Teddy B to earn the starting job? What types of numbers do you think owners can expect from him early on and will be worth a roster spot at any point during the 2014 season?

If Zimmer and Turner are committed to starting the best QB without relevance to status in the league, I fully expect Bridgewater to take the reins week 1. I think Bridgewater can be a 3500 yard passer as a rookie. MN has excellent receivers and a RB that draws 8 man boxes.

Quote:
2. What type of sophomore season are you guys expecting from Cordarrelle Patterson? Is Greg Jennings being undervalued as a fantasy commodity?

I expect a big season from Patterson, I think he takes the next step as a more complete receiver. I am thinking that he will surpass 1,000 yards and score 10+ TDs via returns, rushes and receptions. Jennings wont be much of a factor from a fantasy perspective, but he is a strong lockerroom guy and a receiver that can pretty much do everything.

Quote:
3. Norv Turner is well-known for bringing out the best in his TEs. Are you guys expecting a breakout year from Kyle Rudolph? What might his numbers look like?

Rudolph breaking out is dependent on health. Rudolph has mostly produced in the redzone, and he has showed up slimmer. Hopefully that adds to his speed. Rudolph has struggled creating separation, using his big body and reliable mitts to shield of defenders. I would like to see Rudolph involved more as a down field threat. I think 700 yds and 6-8 TDs is reasonable for Rudolph, if healthy. Rudolph isnt a TE that has typically performed in Turner's offense. It seems he has been most successful with those athletic specimen types like Cameron and Gates. Im not sure how Rudolph will fit in.
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

If I had to guess right now, I'd say its 60-40 that Bridgewater starts right away. If he starts out well in training camp, the job is his.

As for his numbers, I'm hesistant to say that he'll be a QB1 this year just because the position is so deep, but I think he could be a solid-to-good QB2 by the end of the year. He should keep his INT numbers down, which is always a plus in fantasy football.

SoS wrote:

I'm expecting a big season from Patterson overall. They might not use him in all the different ways he was used in 2013 (backfield, bubble screens), but I think he'll be more of a threat downfield this season.

Jennings numbers will probably depend on who the starting quarterback is. Not saying that Bridgewater would ignore him, but he is Matt Cassel's safety blanket. In games where Cassel completed six or more passes (all starts except for vs. CHI), Jennings averaged almost 6 receptions and 70 yards per game. (skewed by 11/163 game vs. PHI). In the other nine games he averaged 3 receptions for 35 yards. He won't get you many touchdowns either, no matter who is at QB.

I trust Bridgewater to throw him the ball more than Ponder and Freeman did, but he gets a boost if Cassel is starter. Still, I think he can be a waiver-wire pickup most weeks, depending on the matchup.

SoS wrote:

The biggest production you may see from Rudolph is in the end zone. I think he's much closer to the 9 TD player he was in 2012 than the 3 TD guy he was in 2013. I don't think he'll be an 80-catch guy or near-1,000 yard guy like Jordan Cameron was in 2013, though.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I see 2 options for Bridgewater. He'll either win the job outright and start Week 1, or Cassel will start the season and Bridgewater will take over Week 7 in the game at Buffalo.

2) I think most of expecting a huge season from Cordarrelle, from both a fantasy perspective and a real life perspective. He'll be a big KR guy, as well as will be one of the main focuses on offense, playing the opposite side of Jennings. Jennings might be a little underrated, and if Cassel starts, will be a big focus early on, as he was Cassel's favorite target last season.

3) Rudolph, if he stays healthy, will take a big step this year. I agree with the perry and VR in saying that he'll get in the neighborhood of 600-800 yds recieving. I think there's a distinct possibility that he could hit the 10 TD mark, since he's such a valuable red zone target.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: