Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions have a need for a receiver to put across from Calvin Johnson and it looks like they have their sights set on Golden Tate. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Tate will visit with the Lions on Tuesday night. As you’d imagine given the timing, it is the first visit for Tate since free agency opened and it wouldn’t be surprising if it wound up being the only visit given Detroit’s need at the position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/golden-tate-to-visit-with-lions/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Lions have a need for a receiver to put across from Calvin Johnson and it looks like they have their sights set on Golden Tate. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Tate will visit with the Lions on Tuesday night. As you’d imagine given the timing, it is the first visit for Tate since free agency opened and it wouldn’t be surprising if it wound up being the only visit given Detroit’s need at the position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/golden-tate-to-visit-with-lions/

So continues their trend of signing Seahawks castoffs at the WR position...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate will be a handful to deal with two times a year. Detroit is a perfect fit for him.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate is one my least liked players in the NFL. You'd think he thought he was Calvin Johnson with the way he talks sometimes.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Seahawks' receiver Golden Tate has signed a 5 year, $31 million contract with the Lions that includes $13.25 million in guaranteed money

http://www.profootballrumors.com/lions-sign-golden-tate/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck, I hope this motivates us to sign a top CB left. If we somehow land revis I would be a lot more excited. Rhodes on Tate and Revis on Megatron would be a little more exciting than just throwing another rookie out there. We need to move on Revis Carroll or Brown.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Stafford is their QB, I'm not worried about Detroit; especially behind a line like that.
Robbroy45

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
As long as Stafford is their QB, I'm not worried about Detroit; especially behind a line like that.

The Lions had a much better line last year than you think. Dominic Raiola had some weird resurgence at center and was actually pretty good for once. Larry Warford and LaAdrian Waddle were very good, especially for a 3rd rounder and undrafted rookie, and were probably top 10 or top 15 at the very least or their positions. Reilly Reiff held down LT pretty good for a second year player who was projected to be a right tackle by many. Rob Sims was their weakest lineman, and while he wasn't great, he was still around the better 50% of left guards this year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather DET gets Tate, then Evans (WR) in the draft if we pass on him

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions general manager Martin Mayhew told reporters at the NFL owners' meetings in Orlando, Fla., on Monday that the team would not be picking up its 2015 contract option on Nick Fairley, who was the No. 13 pick of the 2011 draft.

Mayhew told reporters that this is part of a motivational tool for Fairley to play well in 2014.

"It's an opportunity for him to go out and perform at his best this offseason, perform his best during the season and hopefully it helps him become the best player he can possibly be," Mayhew said, according to mlive.com.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10665799/nick-fairley-detroit-lions-2015-contract-option-picked-gm-martin-mayhew-says?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions are exploring trading standoung defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, according to Bleacher Report.

Suh hasn't attended the start of Detroit's voluntary offseason workouts, he'll make a base salary of $12.55 million this season (and will count $22.4 million against the 2014 salary cap) and because he's considered a team leader (as well as one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL), this has struck some in the organization as disappointing.

As Mike Freeman writes, the discussions are preliminary and not necessarily serious. They're more due diligence than anything else.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24538868/report-the-lions-have-looked-into-trading-dt-ndamukong-suh

Webmaster wrote:
perrynoid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Reggie Bush, who just married long-time girlfriend Lilit Avagyan.

(I really need to work on my cloning skills!)

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/reggie-bush-weds-lilit-avagyan-144734652.html
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Congrats to Reggie Bush, who just married long-time girlfriend Lilit Avagyan.

(I really need to work on my cloning skills!)

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/reggie-bush-weds-lilit-avagyan-144734652.html

I found it amusing when I saw an article that said that Kim Kardashian's stepbrother attended the wedding, although he didn't attend hers (Bush is one of Kim's numerous exes).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit has been awarded WR Jon Baldwin on waivers from San Francisco. The Chiefs’ first-round pick in 2011, Baldwin (6-4, 230) has caught 44 passes for 607 yards and two touchdowns in three NFL seasons. He played sparingly for San Francisco in 2013, catching just three passes in regular season play. Baldwin turns 25 on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/report-lions-awarded-jon-baldwin-on-waivers/

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another example of another team thinking they can turn a lump of coal into a diamond.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: