Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SoS's Pressing Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: SoS's Pressing Questions Reply with quote

How's it going fellas. This will be the next installment of my "32 Team Pressing Fantasy Questions" thread, which will be found in the Fantasy Football forum once I've compiled a sufficient amount of responses. I will be linking each team from that central thread so posters can click on the link and be directed to this thread (or whichever team they click on) to directly see the comments you guys have left.

With that said, I would GREATLY appreciate as much participation/responses/opinions as possible. I know it's somewhat of a dead period here on Football's Future but it would be great if you guys could just take a few seconds to voice what you believe to be the answer to these pressing questions. Since it is for fantasy purposes, there likely will not be any defensive questions. Each team will have 3 questions and they will generally encompass the QBs, RBs, and WRs.

Thanks in advance!

1. Re-draft and dynasty owners alike are curious as to how effective Bishop Sankey might be out of the gate. He's been pegged as the most pro-ready rookie RB, just based off of style of play and opportunity alone. How do you guys project his rookie season and beyond? Are people sleeping too much on Shonn Greene in 2014?

2. Not many people realize how good Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter are developing and they both seem to be good value gets in fantasy drafts. Do you expect one of those guys to take a big leap this year? Who's the better long-term option for fantasy?

3. You would think the final question would be about Jake Locker, but I personally don't believe he's on many people's fantasy radar, meaning he's really not the topic of any pressing questions. What I really want to know is whether Delanie Walker can fulfill his own projection that he will finish the season as a top 10 fantasy TE?

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Greene has been dealing with a knee injury and Sankey to me will be the starter no doubt. Regardless this will be a RB by committee with McCluster and Greene having their own duties. However, Sankey is not out of question for 1300 total yards and around 7 total TDs. I expect Greene to take goal line carries away from him and McCluster to take receptions away.

2.) Kendall Wright is easily the higher fantasy value between the 2. Hunter definitely has great potential but Wright has proved he can be a reliable weapon. His TDs are down but he will always be near the top receptions so in PPR leagues, he should thrive.

3.) Walker to me was a good weapon for the team last year. Had some drops but wasn't a huge issue like many non-Titan fans thought it would be. If Locker stays healthy, wouldn't be surprised if Walker catches 70 balls, 800 yds, and around 6-8 TDs.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Bishop to me will be the starter out the gate. With our Oline and the fact that Greene can't stay on the field I would assume hes in for a big rookie year. If Jake goes down I think Bishops stats could be near 1500 yards 10 TDs. If Jake stays healthy I think he gets around 1200 6 TDs.

2. If Jakes stays up Hunter is going to have a big break out year. But Wright is a very good pick up for PPR. I think both take huge steps this year based solely on the fact that Whiz is going use these guys the right way but If I had to choose one Id have to go Hunter.

3. Walker being a top 10 TE for fantasy is a bit of a stretch. Top 15 is more likely.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'd be shocked if Bishop Sankey wasn't the primary RB right out of the gate, but look for Shonn Greene and especially Dexter McCluster (it's widely speculated and perhaps even just assumed that McCluster is going to fill the Danny Woodhead role in Whiz's offense for us) to get plenty of touches. Whisenhunt has stated numerous times that we will be running the ball by committee. Look for Bishop Sankey to get anywhere from 200 to 250 carries for 1000 to 1200 yards- he'll be a solid pick as an RB2, but I doubt he'll be used quite enough to put up huge fantasy numbers.

2. Kendall Wright is without a doubt the better pick here, and he's actually someone who has the potential to really break out fantasy-wise. Many people don't even realize he had 90 receptions last year, simply because he didn't have a lot of splash plays. He was being used mostly as a chain-moving slot receiver in Dowell Loggains' offense, but he's spent the offseason focusing on becoming more explosive to generate bigger plays, and Whisenhunt plans to make much more extensive and varied use of him- I would say as a bona fide #1 receiver in this offense. I think if Jake Locker stays healthy we could see a 100-catch, 1300-1400 year out of Kendall Wright. I honestly think he's ready to become a premier receiver. He's reliable, tough as nails, and unbelievably good at creating separation.

Justin Hunter is a much riskier proposition. He flashed exceptional potential last season, with 4 touchdowns in just 18 receptions and 22 yards per reception, but the consistent production just wasn't there. He put on some much-needed muscle this offseason and I think he'll be a solid contributor this year and continue to be a weapon on deep balls and in the red zone, but I wouldn't be surprised if he still lacks consistency and disappears at times. I think a fair prediction for Hunter is around 40-50 receptions for 700-800 yards and 5-8 touchdowns.

3. I'm not so sure about that. Walker is a good, solid tight end who is good at just about everything, but not great at anything. He may improve on his numbers from last year, but I expect him to put up 600-700 yards- good, but not Top 10 material.

Ken Whisenhunt is a terrible coach and needs to be fired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: