Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBC Sports at it again: Rank Raiders #32
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keleth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
We're terrible year after year, and are ranked as such year after year in preseason rankings. Yet everybody always complains about it. Laughing

100% this.

If I was looking at us as a non Raider fan I'd think we have a bunch of has been,a few mediocre and a few rooki players.
Then I'd look at our schedule being the hardest (although that is only a relative term as all teams will be different this year) and I'd think yep they're gonna finish last in their division and probably last in the league.

Chris Lance wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I mean, we're in the ballpark. Who else is potentially that bad right now, barring a collapse like Houston last year? Jacksonville? Cleveland? Buffalo? That's all I could think of. But they all have reasons to be better this year except Cleveland.

All these could be worse:

Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Redskins, Vikings, Lions and you might be able to add the Rams, Chiefs or Chargers or both.

To me there is so many teams that could go either way this year its impossible to rate the Raiders out of all of them the worst.

Also look at the Raiders positions:

Kicker: Can Jano possibly have a worse season then last? If so he'll be gone after this year.

Punter: King could have a worse season then last year; might be a position of worry.

SS: A healthy Branch could make this a strong position.

FS: Woodson is back and rookie Jonathan Dowling could be a draft steal.

CB: Rogers and Brown are way better then last years starters. Hayden, McGill and Carrie will give the position depth something it didn't have last season.

LB: The strongest position of the Raiders might be one of the best LB groups in the NFL.

DL: Allot deeper group then last season.

OL: Allot better overall all, and it is a deep position.

TE: Rivera had a pretty good rookie year even though he only started 3 games and a healthy Ausberry can add explosiveness to the position.

WR: Raiders finally add that VET presence to the group in Jones and the position is stacked.

FB: Reece need I say more.

RB: MJD and Run DMC will be fun to watch, plus Murray will be a player to watch.

QB: The only reason its questionable at the position is because the way Shaub played last year. Carr has been making noise already. Could end up being a strong position.

I understand rookies can make you worry, but they also could come right in and play lights out right out the gate.

You really just need to look at how many times you used the word could or healthy in your post to see why we are ranked last.

Regarding the article people need to read this bit....
Quote:

Hereís the good news: the Raiders have a puncherís chance in the AFC, the weaker of the two conferences. Hereís the bad news: given their schedule, age and division, the Raiders may be the most vulnerable club in their conference. Their ceiling just doesnít seem that high, even after they spent all that money in the offseason.

But their floor?

Oh, man.

He does not write us off totally but gives us the same sort of chance that most Raiders fans give us.
If everything works out then we could do well,however if it all goes wrong then there is no worse looking team.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These rankings are all going to do this to us until the team proves otherwise, other than a couple 8-8 seasons that the team performed to it's all out potential we have been a cellar dweller for a very long time and the safe bet would always have this team at or near the bottom. The ugly truth is Al Davis set this team back at least 5 years with crazy drafting and FA contracts, it was only last year that the front office was able to clean house and take a 65 million hit before we could field a team, we simply don't have the base of players that other teams have and it's still going to take another 3-5 years before this team could be a contender again the damage was so extensive and for so long that undoing and redoing it is a very long process, we are missing so many draft picks from the past 10 years including several top 5 and a first overall that a team cannot withstand that level of mismanagement without sustaining some long term damage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
You really just need to look at how many times you used the word could or healthy in your post to see why we are ranked last.

Regarding the article people need to read this bit....
Quote:

Hereís the good news: the Raiders have a puncherís chance in the AFC, the weaker of the two conferences. Hereís the bad news: given their schedule, age and division, the Raiders may be the most vulnerable club in their conference. Their ceiling just doesnít seem that high, even after they spent all that money in the offseason.

But their floor?

Oh, man.

He does not write us off totally but gives us the same sort of chance that most Raiders fans give us.
If everything works out then we could do well,however if it all goes wrong then there is no worse looking team.

I use the word "could" allot because anything is possible.

I use the word "healthy" allot because even the new players added via free agency have had injury issues.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Also the thing you posted saying people need to read this doesn't point out some facts. Payton Manning's age, Philip Rivers is turnover prone, Chiefs way over achieved last year, and oh ya the schedule means nothing at this point and every year half the playoff teams don't play as-well the following season.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be everyone's excuse is how tough the schedule is.

However, I look at that and say "do any of these people even watch the NFL" ?

2013 NFL Team with the toughest schedule the "Carolina Panthers" a playoff team last season.

2012 NFL Team with the toughest schedule the "N.Y. Giants" they won the super bowl.

So based off the last two seasons the teams with the "toughest schedule" has made it to the playoffs and one won the super bowl.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you prove you're not one of the worst in the league, you will always be considered in that conversation be 32, 31, 31, 29 or 28. If you're in the last 5-6 then you can always make a claim to be in any of those spots.

You still have to suck in order to be in that conversation, so what difference does it actually make.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:

2013 NFL Team with the toughest schedule the "Carolina Panthers" a playoff team last season.

2012 NFL Team with the toughest schedule the "N.Y. Giants" they won the super bowl.

So based off the last two seasons the teams with the "toughest schedule" has made it to the playoffs and one won the super bowl.

Both those team rosters were superior to our current one to.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Lance wrote:

Quite a large sample size you have there.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

This.
Plus the teams we're playing are consistently very good who don't seem like they're taking a step back any time soon.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think after all these years of losing, people would stop caring about where "experts" rank us.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ so true

its literally been a decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the Oakland Raiders Poised for the NFL's Biggest Turnaround in 2014?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2133865-are-the-oakland-raiders-poised-for-the-nfls-biggest-turnaround-in-2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

This.
Plus the teams we're playing are consistently very good who don't seem like they're taking a step back any time soon.

Our team just has to up its level. I believe in DA. The fact that he got that much out of our team last year and had us close to a wild card spot (until the complete collapse) with as little talent as we had makes me feel optimistic. If some of our vets can bounce back (and I think they will), namely MJD Woodley and Rogers, we could have a damn good team on our hands. People forget that despite landing a ton of older "castoffs", a LOT of teams were interested in the guys we ended up signing so clearly they are good players. The panthers made the playoffs with a good defense and strong running game. We don't have the talent of the panthers on defense, but we have a better offense and arguably a better hb tandem. Food for thought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: