Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Thread: Summer Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
Benjamin weighing in at a 245 Embarassed ouch. he's gonna need to figure something out. maybe the dolce diet. 10 more pounds and he's a TE

is he out of shape or is it muscle? he was never going to be a burner so it doesn't concern me unless he's pulling a knowshon Moreno. on a side note marshall is 230, Calvin is 236 and jimmy graham is 265

I read somewhere that 245 was the weight the coaches want him to be. Not sure why...but hey I'm not the one calling the shots.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if he's in shape all the oxygen required to fuel that massive frame is gonna result in terrible cardio. you see this in heavyweight fighters. they're great in the first couple rounds but as the tempo goes up their bodies breakdown. i'm not saying it'll be an issue but it def could be and is something i'll be watching over his career

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's almost the exact same size as cam.

just about the same measurables as some 3-4 OLBs (though diff builds). i think greg olsen is an inch taller and maybe 10 lbs heavier? if that.

if it isnt an issue for them i don't see why it would be for him.

your constant pessimism is tiring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touching stuff from Cam here.

http://instagram.com/p/p9noX3ETEG/

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
he's almost the exact same size as cam.

just about the same measurables as some 3-4 OLBs (though diff builds). i think greg olsen is an inch taller and maybe 10 lbs heavier? if that.

if it isnt an issue for them i don't see why it would be for him.

your constant pessimism is tiring.

a WR is asked to run a whole lot more than any of the positions you just mentioned and it's not close. a difference of opinions doesn't equal pessimism. encyclopedia brown over here

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:

a WR is asked to run a whole lot more than any of the positions you just mentioned and it's not close. a difference of opinions doesn't equal pessimism. encyclopedia brown over here

jimmy graham was split out wide on like 70% of his snaps. he's 6'7 and 265 lbs and is consistently playing hard and getting in the top ten in yards and TDs.

we all know olsen runs a lot of deep routes because that's what our offense consists of. he doesn't get tired out there. this is including him having to chip DEs and such which wears a guy out.

and its not just this 'difference of opinion' dude you are always assuming the worst with no base whatsoever.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

jimmy graham was split out wide on like 70% of his snaps. he's 6'7 and 265 lbs and is consistently playing hard and getting in the top ten in yards and TDs.

I like KB a lot, but to be fair here, Graham also only took like 67% of the possible offensive snaps this season. He got a lot of breaks, you'll probably want your 1st round rookie playing quite a bit more than that...

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

I like KB a lot, but to be fair here, Graham also only took like 67% of the possible offensive snaps this season. He got a lot of breaks, you'll probably want your 1st round rookie playing quite a bit more than that...

Is that because he needed to take a break or because the offensive formation didn't call for him to be in on that particular play? I'm sure it is a mix of the two as opposed to being just him being winded and needing a breather.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Is that because he needed to take a break or because the offensive formation didn't call for him to be in on that particular play? I'm sure it is a mix of the two as opposed to being just him being winded and needing a breather.

Regardless, he did get a breather. I don't know how he would've held up if we asked him to play 75, 85, or upwards of 90 to 95% of the snaps like some guys do for their offense. He may have been fine, he may have been less effective, I just don't know.

The fact that he DID get a breather on over 30% of his snaps kind of skews the information when you're using him as an example.

That said, I think KB will be fine, I just don't know if the comparison is a good one.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and graham was obviously an extreme example since he's 2" taller and has 20+ lbs on benji...

this is a stupid argument

anyway luke kuechly was ranked 15 on the NFLN top 100 last night. again... we had jj jansen and ryan kalil talk about our own player... and mark herzlich, a former teammate of luke's... lame...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
and graham was obviously an extreme example since he's 2" taller and has 20+ lbs on benji...

anyway luke kuechly was ranked 15 on the NFLN top 100 last night. again... we had jj jansen and ryan kalil talk about our own player... and mark herzlich, a former teammate of luke's... lame...

15 was a little low for the defensive player of the year imo, but again it was only his second year in the league. I don't understand why JJ Jansen, a no namer in the NFL is breaking down our players and speaking about them, where is Cam? DWill? Steve Smith even? I honestly could care less, this just shows how little publicity they give Carolina.

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

15 was a little low for the defensive player of the year imo, but again it was only his second year in the league. I don't understand why JJ Jansen, a no namer in the NFL is breaking down our players and speaking about them, where is Cam? DWill? Steve Smith even? I honestly could care less, this just shows how little publicity they give Carolina.

Probably because it doesn't matter. At the end of the day these players don't care about the Top 100 on the NFL Network, and they probs didn't want to be a part of the interviews/had better things to do

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

Probably because those players declined to do the interview for talking about the players. The reason there is a consistency with the people talking about the Panther players is because they were the only ones that they could get to come in. You seriously thinking that NFLN was sitting there going like, "This Cam guy is alright, but we need to get that JJ Jansen guy, I'm sure people really wanna know about the team from the Long Snapper."
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=carolina-panthers&i=TWT&id=7478&w=1e7aw&src=desktop&wjb

On Nate Chandler:

Hall of Fame LT Jackie Slater who has worked with Chandler the past 2 offseasons wrote:
He's mentally equipped to solve problems, and that's what you have to do to play offensive tackle in this league. He's going to be a good offensive lineman in the National Football League for a very long time.

Pretty good read for the slow season. I'm really getting in Chandler's corner and am rooting for him as a feel good story. I think things are going to fall into place on our line if he can manage to just be serviceable this year. Only a few more days until training camp, and a month for Panthers preseason games. Keep strong, guys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: