Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank da D # 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the next best defender on this team?
KC Heyword
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
AJ "sucks alot" Hawk
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
BJ Raji
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Mike Neal
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Treeman Willaims
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Other
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
How is Casey ahead of Tramon? Just don't understand.

I voted for the epic wording lol.

I'm still kind of confused how I should be voting on this/how everyone is. We don't seem to be on the same page.

Who is currently the best now, and hopefully where the list should be roughly, pending injury, at the end of the season. I don't want things like man IF Raji plays like 2010 then he is top five. But realistic hopes for each player, I think HaHa should be above Brad Jones on this list despite not playing a down yet in the NFL, but he should not be above AJ Hawk. At least not yet.

Like at some point, someone earlier said "well for our D to be top 10, Raji has to be an impact player so I'm going Raji"

That's where confusion began to set in.

I was like, okay is it best? Or most integral to our success? or is it who do we think will look like the most impactful player after the year?

Sorry, I'm a simple man.

The top six or so shouldn't be changing that much IMO by the end of the season. Maybe there is some mix up there, just like the bottom couple should most likely be Brad Jones, and maybe a couple of other guys.

I guess I should have explained it better, it should look mostly like who was the best last year, which is tough to do anyways with the injuries, mixed in with where you see the new talent landing. Peppers could/should be a top four-six guy on this D.

Always has to be a but though, right? But if it is too cut and dry then there is no room for debate which is kind of the point of a forum right?

So long story longer, the top six or so should be guys that we are bragging when the "experts" in NFL gen say that we have no talent on D. The next group should be the up and comers, and pretty much 100% opinion because we have no idea how good they are going to be. Then its the carp fish, the bottom feeders that you want off the team as soon as possible. Every team has them and IMO that should be the threads in NFL gen to determine who is good and who isn't. "List your crap and the guys you have wanting to break out".

At the end of the day, you cannot be wrong and I was just hoping to spark some good discussion in the long drought of no sports right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Like at some point, someone earlier said "well for our D to be top 10, Raji has to be an impact player so I'm going Raji"

I was like, okay is it best? Or most integral to our success? or is it who do we think will look like the most impactful player after the year?

Sorry, I'm a simple man.

That was me. And I didn't vote. Because I was confused as well. I will maintain that we need Raji to be an impact player to be a good defense (or some mystery man to fulfill his role at NT), but I don't know if he is really that player or not. And I don't think he is one of the "best" players, but I do think he is the most "important," if that makes sense.

Anyway, for poll purposes... Other: Jarrett Bush!!!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Sorry, I'm a simple man.

That was me. And I didn't vote. Because I was confused as well. I will maintain that we need Raji to be an impact player to be a good defense (or some mystery man to fulfill his role at NT), but I don't know if he is really that player or not. And I don't think he is one of the "best" players, but I do think he is the most "important," if that makes sense.

I wasn't blaming anyone or the guy who made this or anything. I just said I was confused what we were voting on exactly.

I totally followed what you were saying. I was wondering if everyone is voting this way or what way or whatever.

Texasmade wrote:
Shoot me an email.

jcanseco33@gmail.com
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Sorry, I'm a simple man.

I wasn't blaming anyone or the guy who made this or anything. I just said I was confused what we were voting on exactly.

I totally followed what you were saying. I was wondering if everyone is voting this way or what way or whatever.

I think it is supposed to be the "best" player. Who actually does the best at what he is asked to do. In which case, I think I would have put Casey Hayward at #2.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I think it is supposed to be the "best" player. Who actually does the best at what he is asked to do. In which case, I think I would have put Casey Hayward at #2.

I definitely slept on Hayward coming out. He just seemed slow to me. I remember in the PS he got just smacked twice on the outside deep and I'm like oh great...

But the kid has a great feel inside.

He shouldn't get past here for sure.

Texasmade wrote:
Shoot me an email.

jcanseco33@gmail.com
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I definitely slept on Hayward coming out. He just seemed slow to me. I remember in the PS he got just smacked twice on the outside deep and I'm like oh great...

I did the same. Then didn't learn my lesson and thought the same about Hyde. Although, Hyde isn't as good as Hayward. I now have unreasonable expectations for Goodson Laughing Always have to remember that Al Harris was like a 4.6 guy when looking at speed.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

I did the same. Then didn't learn my lesson and thought the same about Hyde. Although, Hyde isn't as good as Hayward. I now have unreasonable expectations for Goodson Laughing Always have to remember that Al Harris was like a 4.6 guy when looking at speed.

Haha I was kind of the same on Hyde. FWIW, I don't think Hyde played all that well anyway.

Texasmade wrote:
Shoot me an email.

jcanseco33@gmail.com
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Haha I was kind of the same on Hyde. FWIW, I don't think Hyde played all that well anyway.

Well you'd be very wrong then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:

Um, okay?

I should have phrased that better. I love ALL the things he does. But I don't love any of them one one it's own a ton. I think there's limitations there still. He's not going to be a demon in coverage. But he's such a Swiss Army knife and that's his value.

You definitely don't want to push him past a nickel role IMO and I think that's agreed on. He can be a good nickel/slot guy but not anything special.

Well rounded damn football player though.

Don't honestly think anything will come of this venture into safety in any serious way.

Texasmade wrote:
Shoot me an email.

jcanseco33@gmail.com
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

Um, okay?

I should have phrased that better. I love ALL the things he does. But I don't love any of them one one it's own a ton. I think there's limitations there still. He's not going to be a demon in coverage. But he's such a Swiss Army knife and that's his value.

You definitely don't want to push him past a nickel role IMO and I think that's agreed on. He can be a good nickel/slot guy but not anything special.

Well rounded damn football player though.

Don't honestly think anything will come of this venture into safety in any serious way.

My guess at this point is he's being groomed as a Jbush 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: