Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allow myself to introduce myself
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneorange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Allow myself to introduce myself Reply with quote

We had an introduction thread up a while back, but it has up'n disappeared. Since last year though there have been quite a few new posters to grace this Bengals' forum and I kind of like to know where people are coming from with their comments and opinions. So I am starting a new introduce yourself to the forum thread. ***TOO PERSONAL STUFF IS OUTLAWED i.e. - names, pictures of you and your girlfriend at the county fair, social security numbers, shoe size, etc.***

Alias: oneorange

Hometown: Hailey, Idaho

Current Residence: Tokyo

Occupation: English Teacher Rolling Eyes (I really don't do much of anything)

Hobbies (other than football): Snowboarding, Wakeboarding, Guitars, Drums, Woodworking, Books, Flyfishing

My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Boise State Broncos, Real Salt Lake.

Movies: The Big Lebowski, Paint Your Wagon, Life as a House, V for Vendetta (I just watched it the other day - nice Smile ).

Favorite movie quotes: "Your mom goes to college." "I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little rockier." "Yeah, John Denver was full of $h't" "Where's your other hand?" "Between two pillows." "Those aren't pillows."

Music: Frank Zappa, David Bowie, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Muse, This Will Destroy You (a new band I quite like at the moment)

Books: Lord of the Flies, 1984, The Grapes of Wrath, Kafka on the Shore, and anything by Richard Dawkins.

Food: Watermelon, Gyudon from Sukiya, and my mum's New England Clam Chowder with a side of Cornbread.

Women I Covet:

Scarlett Johansson_______Kristen Kruek_______________and a Japanese 7/11 girl who looks a lot like this.

Last edited by oneorange on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Kazkal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay?
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

Alias: Sportboy86

Hometown: West Portsmouth, Ohio

Current Residence: West Portsmouth, Ohio

Occupation: Full time college student, FF Mod Squad member, newspaper journalist, high school basketball coach, and golf course employee (in the summer).

Hobbies (other than football): Golfing, playing basketball, XBox NCAA dynasties, watching ESPN, writing.

My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, Orlando Magic, THE Ohio State University athletics.

Movies: Maverick, Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, A Few Good Men, Major League

Favorite movie quotes: "You're a towel" --Towelie from South Park (not a movie, but still hilarious)

Music: RYAN PARKER, Weezer, Green Day, The Beastie Boys, Queen, System of a Down, Sawyer Brown, The Beatles

Books: I hate to read but books by Scott Adams (author of the Dilbert comic strip) are good, funny reads.

Food: Breads are my favorite. Breadsticks, rolls, or anything of that nature works for me. Breakfast is great for any meal: eggs, bacon, and pancakes are always good. Double Cheesburgers and Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers work on the go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

Alias: The Duke

Hometown: Centerville, Ohio

Current Residence: Centerville, Ohio

Occupation: Database Administrator, Bentley AutoPLANT Engineering Software Designer, CAD Technician

Hobbies (other than football): Golfing, playing basketball, reading, watching ESPN, History.

My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Caviliers, THE Ohio State University athletics, University of Dayton.

Movies: Gladiator, LA Confidential, Minortiy Report, Braveheart, On the Waterfront, The Godfather, A Life Less Ordinary, Master and Commander

Favorite movie quotes: "We all have our El Guapo's, whether it be intolerance, greed, or the actual El Guapo who is a guy with guns who is trying to kill us" - The Three Amigos

TV: 24, Lost, Prison Break, The Unit, Friday Night Lights, Survivor, Las Vegas

Music: Aerosmith, Van Halen, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Ludwig Van Beethoven

Books: The Enitre Master and Commander sereis by Patrick Obrien. 20 books, over 6000 pages, I read it all in about 2.5 months. Lots of nautical jargon, but you'd be suprised about how much you pick up. Follows the tales of Captain Jack Aubrey of His Majestries Royal Navy and his friend, physician, and spy Stephen Maturin. I highly recommend.

Favorite Historical Figure: Alexander the Great. Never lost a battle, not even once. Biggest bad-[inappropriate/removed] in written history.

Food: Italian food. Pasta, pizza, lasgna, its all good.

Fast Food: Chipotle, love the giant burritos.[/quote]

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius

Last edited by THE DUKE on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alias: INbengalfan (as in Indiana Bengal Fan)

Hometown: Cincinnati, OH

High School: Walnut Hills

Current Residence: Connersville, IN

Occupation: Fifth grade teacher, high school track and Cross Country coach

Hobbies: Running, season tix holder, occasionally golf, playing with my kids or watching their sports teams, riding roller coasters

My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, UC/XU/OSU, New Jersy Devils and Colorado Avalanche

Movies: Pulp Fiction, Star Wars series, Terminators, Raiders of the Lost Ark/Indy Jones,

TV 24 I refusde to miss it for any reason, including work

Music: Green Day, Guns N Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Pink Floyd, Nickelback, Creed anything else that rocks

Books: I never have time to read anything for fun. Catch-22 is my all-time favorite.

Food: Skyline & LaRosas (when in Cincy), anything Italian

Last edited by INbengalfan on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kazkal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine -_-

Alias: Kazkal

Hometown:Newport,Oregon

Current Residence: Newport,Oregon

Hobbies (other than football):I live in newport oregon,nothing here to do.

My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals,Minnesota vikings,Phoenix suns, Oregon Beavers & Ducks(I don't follow college football much outside of the draft but I like seeing pac10 teams do well)

Movies:Army of Darkness,gladitor,King Arthur,Inside Man,sin city,hell boy & I bet Path finder/ 300 will make this list ^_^

Favorite movie quotes:"""Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors..."""---"""The room is startin' to spin real fast...cause of...cause of gayness."""---I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't chew Big Red, then f--- you.

Music: anything and everything

Books:Anything by David Eddings & the Dragon Lance series.

Women I covet:Josie Maran

Hot ^_^

Food: Meh no real favorite food anything that feels the tummy is good,
Enjoy liquid stuff much more ^_^

SuperNachos, Western Bacon Cheeseburger (Carl's Jr.), and my mum's New England Clam Chowder with a side of Cornbread[/img]
oneorange

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

Books: The Enitre Master and Commander sereis by Patrick Obrien. 20 books, over 6000 pages, I read it all in about 2.5 months. Lots of nautical jargon, but you'd be suprised about how much you pick up. Follows the tales of Captain Jack Aubrey of His Majestries Royal Navy and his friend, physician, and spy Stephen Maturin. I highly recommend.

I am going to check this series of books out. I have heard great things about them before and now with your high recommendation, how can I ignore them any longer. Besides, I need to pick up some quality nautical wisdom and jargon for something I am working on myself. 6000 pages ought to familiarize me enough to life on the high seas.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

Alias: antone316

Hometown: Northern Ky

Current Residence: Cincy

Hobbies (other than football): Entrepreneur, Going to concerts, play guitar, drinking beer, smokin doja

My Teams: Bengals, Reds, UK, Michigan, Barcelona

Movies: Chuck Norris movies, Tom Hanks movies, early Jim Carrey movies, They Live! with Roddy Piper, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, this list could go on forever

Favorite movie quotes: "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick [inappropriate/removed], and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Music: ZAPPA ROCKS!!, phish, the dead, moe., disco biscuits

Books: Lord of the Flies, 1984, Old Man and the Sea, One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest

Women I covet: JESSICA ALBA RRREEAARRR!!

Food: sushi, a great steak fillet, prime rib, BBQ ribs, red baron pizza

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alias: maximus7913

Hometown: Wadsworth OH

Current Residence: Wadsworth OH

Occupation: Full time college student (UofAkron), part time drywall hanger

Hobbies (other than football): Hanging out with friends, playing tennis and basketball

My Teams: Bengals, Browns (Yes, I know it's an oxymoron, I can't help it. Let the hate begin), Cavs, Indians, Reds, Roddick in tennis, the list goes on

Movies: I love movies, I couldn't even begin to name favorites. Some recent ones that I've watched - The Prestige, The Departed,

Favorite movie quotes: Maximus (gladiator) - "Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?" and also "Wawaweewa!" "High-Five!"

Music: I listen to everything from rap to country to punk to rock. I'll even listen to some good techno from time to time.

Books: All But My Life, And Then There Were None, Great Gatsby, books I read in High School.

Food: Mexican, Steak, Pasta

Kiltman on the sig
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alias: Bristow

Hometown: Some horrible town in Ohio I'd rather forget

Current Residence: Columbus

Hobbies (other than football): Sarcasm, playing with sharp objects, watching movies, dark beer, offbeat shenenigans, improving my karma, bringing up stuff that other people said and try to pretend that they didn't, telling people about ninjas, seeing new things, seeing familiar things, using ridiculous accents, using aliases, eating out and acting like the server is my very best friend, renaming people against their will, pointing out the obvious and easing the tedium of daily life.

My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Reds, OSU

Movies: All of them except Titanic

Favorite movie quotes: " Ed, are we not friends anymore? For if we were not friends, I don't know that I could bear it."

Music: Rolling Stones, The Doors, no country

Television: The Office, Scrubs, Boondocks, Venture Bros, Daily Show, Colbert Report

Books: Dark Tower series, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Anything by Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Palahniuk and Hunter Thompson.

Women I find attractive (because covet sounds rude): Scarlett Johansen, Jessica Alba, Britney Spears Pre KFed and I'd like to see your shopgirl oneorange

Women I find unattractive: Paris Hilton, Britney Spears post KFed and I've recently developed issues with Christina Ricci for some reason

Food: Steak, Pizza, Chipotle, Taco Bell, El Vaquero, Seafood, Italian, Baked Goods and of course everyone's favorite food, free.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

antone316 wrote:

A fellow Zappa fan - nice Smile . I'm not familiar with moe. or Disco Biscuits. I'm guessing they are jam bands of sorts??? I'll have to check them out.

Last edited by oneorange on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
antone316

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

oneorange wrote:
antone316 wrote:

A fellow Zappa fan - nice Smile . I'm not familiar with moe. or Disco Biscuits. I'm guessing they are a jam bands of sorts??? I'll have to check them out.

you won't be dissappointed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Allow Myself to Introduce... Myself. Reply with quote

Alias: Ocho Cinco

Hometown: Bowling Green, Ohio

Current Residence: Bowling Green, Ohio

Occupation: student at St. John's Jesuit High School, football player

Hobbies (other than football): being bad at golf, football for the SJJ titans, reading the Bengals website, sending posts on this website.
My Teams: Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Caviliers, THE Ohio State University athletics, Texas Longhorns, Michigan Wolverines(only when they are not playing OSU because I respect Michigan)

Movies: Stuff

Favorite movie quotes: "Loud Noises." "I HAVE NO IDEA WHY WE ARE YELLING." -Anchorman.

[b]TV: American Idol. Bad singers make me laugh

Music: Chamillionaire, anything that is rap

Books: I despise reading

Favorite Historical Figure: Jesus since I'm Catholic. After him is JFK.
tygertyger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alias: tygertyger (after the William Blake poem)

Hometown & current residence: Hornchurch, Essex, England

Occupation: work in education with special needs kids and kids in care

Hobbies: international rugby union, writing novels, roleplaying games, eating foreign cuisines, upsetting parents

Movies: Grease, Flash Gordon, Life of Brian, Nuns on the Run, LOTR

Favourtie movie quote: Brian: You're all individuals. Crowd (in chorus): Yes, we're all individuals. The individual: I'm not. (Life of Brian)

Music: Marc Bolan and most pop

TV: The British gave up making good tv about ten years ago so i don't watch it.

Books: I read loads of history, which is probably why I hate any historical movies. They're so mythologised.

Favourite historical figure: Oliver Cromwell - the key man in a series of revolutions which eventually secured England as a democracy for good in 1688. He changed the world. Alternatively Isaac Newton or Charles Darwin. They changed the world wihtout killing anybody, which is probably better!

Women i lust after: Drew Barrymore, Jessica Alba, Isla Fisher, Gail Porter, Christina Ricci (love to hear your issues, Beck...)

Food: medium rare steak, Mongolian crispy lamb, anything coffee flavoured.

Favourite country to visit: Germany. It's beautiful and the people are great.

Finest moment of my life: Johnny Wilkinson hitting the winning drop goal for England in the Rugby Union World Cup Final to beat Australia in Australia. I screamed very loudly indeed. Now of course if Cincy could wina Super Bowl, i might also scream quite loudly...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tygertyger wrote:
Women i lust after: Drew Barrymore, Jessica Alba, Isla Fisher, Gail Porter, Christina Ricci (love to hear your issues, Beck...)

I love Isla Fisher. Thanks for reminding me. I can't explain the Christina Ricci thing. I don't think she deserves it, but I walk past the Gathering at Blockbuster and see her picture and just get an unexplainable sense of loathing. I'm not sure I've seen her in a movie since the Addams Family. She must have wronged me in a past life.
On another subject, is a quid a pound? This always bothers me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: