Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers the back up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if Rodgers ended up in MIN after we rolled with Favre.

lol.

Ted sucks.
AtariB20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to start thinking about is that he had only 2 years left on his contract. If Rodgers' first season wasn't as great as it was, having that 2nd year to decide what type of deal to offer him would have been huge. Letting a 1st round pick with the potential of Rodgers start for only 1 season before he is eligible for free agency is not only risky, but just not smart at all. Everything that happened was because it was good for the Green Bay Packers team. There is no doubting that.
strat1080

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
strat1080 wrote:
deathstar wrote:
Sounds good. Cool

As far as Brock is concerned. I don't think you can compare Rodgers to him. Rodgers had a lot of things going his way - a head coach who runs a QB school every offseason, a QB coach in Tom Clements who was a former head coach, and sitting behind Favre. Osweiler isn't surrounded, in my opinion, by that amount of education/support. He's got his QB coach and Peyton. Judging from the Manning's backups, I don't know how much he really influences them. The guy is battling some physical hangups below the waist (flat/slow feet) that if he can't rectify it'll always be an uphill battle for him. Look at bad Eli, for example.

Yeah, i haven't really seen any QBs develop under Peyton Manning.
Like I said before in this thread, Manning is the kind of guy that wants as many reps as possible. He's an incredibly hard worker, sometimes even to his own detriment. There a lot of reports leading up to the Super Bowl that Peyton Manning was talking to a whole bunch of former and current players leading up to the Super Bowl. I think he overprepares sometimes. Like they say, paralysis by analysis. I don't think Brock is going to get very many opportunities to get practice reps and improve as a player.

Everybody blames the Center for that botched snap in the Super Bowl. I put that on Manning. Its the first play of the Super Bowl. That ball should be snapped with 20 seconds left on the play clock. The first 15 plays of a game should be scripted. You shouldn't have to check out of the first play of a game, especially when its the first play of the Super Bowl and you have a bunch of guys with very little big game experience. Get the snap off and get the game going to calm everybody down. But what does Manning do, he lets the play clock go way down and then tries to change things on the first snap of the Super Bowl.

I repeat that, the first snap of the Super Bowl. Its a totally different atmosphere. There's a massive lead up to the game and a lot of media hype and two weeks off. I just never really felt that Manning's game translated very well to the playoffs.

I don't really buy that Rodgers learned much directly from Favre either. Aaron prob observed how Favre prepared and how he conducted himself at practice and in games but I'm almost certain Rodgers learned more from MM and Clements than he ever did from Favre. It appeared in time they had a good working relationship when Aaron was his backup and they seem to get along fine today.

Me neither. I give much more credit to Mike McCarthy and Rodgers work ethic in perfecting his fundamentals. His fundamentals and footwork are impeccable. Its amazing how he can throw from awkward positions with such accuracy and velocity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: