Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4(121): Carl Bradford [LB; Arizona State]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
(except for Hawk and Burnett; their playing time is dictated by Thompson.)

What? Laughing

Thompson is the only reason they're starting?

…when you sign a player to a 5 year, $25 + million contract (Burnett), and hand a five-year, $33.5 million contract to Ray Lewis (I mean AJ Hawk), (including $11 million in 2011 alone, in AJ's case, think there just might be some expectation from the GM the defenders will be starters for years to come to justify said investment? Wink To TT's credit, even he had to trim Hawk's salary in 2013 for poor performance in '11 and '12. Of course, part of AJ's (and the GB defense as a whole performance issues were cause by the absence of Cullen Jenkins and Nick Collins.

Now, it's possible Capers has some control over Hawk as witnessed by AJ's benching for several games in 2010 when Barnett and Chillar were the starters. Of course, TT threw big $$$ at Chillar (another mediocrity), as well, in 2010. TT hasn't bothered to give Hawk competition, though. Unless you consider Robert Francois, DJ Smith, Lattimore and a few camp bodies each year serious challenges to his playing time.

Burnett's a little different. He was still only 24 at the time GB took a slight leap of faith following Morgan's fairly good 2012 season. And, Morgan was forced to play alongside the dreadful Jerron McMillan and slightly less dreadful MD Jennings in 2013, which didn't help. Would the Packers really play their best two safeties if they happened to be Hyde and Clinton-Dix in 2015? Time will tell.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much was AJ making when we benched him? Doesn't your point fall flat after that.

I don't recall the Chillar deal being anything crazy. I thought it fit the player he was...then he had some injuries.

EDIT: Okay that Chillar deal looks kind of bad in hindsight.

"With his contract set to expire after this season, Chillar signed a four-year, $21 million contract extension with the Packers that includes $7 million in guaranteed money."

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
Frank-O

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys see Bradford getting any PT on D this year? I don't necesarily see where he'd fit into the rotation but I got a gut feeling hes going to be our star on ST with that mean streak of his.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling he'll be starting at ILB by the 6th game or so for whatever reason

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
I got a feeling he'll be starting at ILB by the 6th game or so for whatever reason

He won't even get a shot at ILB this season. They're going to see if he can play at OLB first and he'd be like 5th or 6th down on the depth chart at ILB. It's just not happening as long as they think there is a chance he can be an edge guy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

He won't even get a shot at ILB this season. They're going to see if he can play at OLB first and he'd be like 5th or 6th down on the depth chart at ILB. It's just not happening as long as they think there is a chance he can be an edge guy.

That is pretty much what I was thinking aswell...and you'd think he'd be getting reps at OTAs if they were planning on that possibility this year. I would not be surprised to see them doing the same thing to him as they did Jones and Lattimore for next season. I think Bradford could make for a fine ILB, hes the type of player Ive been hoping we'd draft for an ILB.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
How much was AJ making when we benched him? Doesn't your point fall flat after that.

I don't recall the Chillar deal being anything crazy. I thought it fit the player he was...then he had some injuries.

EDIT: Okay that Chillar deal looks kind of bad in hindsight.

"With his contract set to expire after this season, Chillar signed a four-year, $21 million contract extension with the Packers that includes $7 million in guaranteed money."

TT had a man-crush on Chillar.

This is the most uneducated, unfounded, and unsupported post/claim I'll ever make on this forum. But I would bet the farm on the above statement. TT loved him some Chillar and I never understood why... I HATED the Chillar signing and then HATED the extension even more. I cringe when I see a #54 on the field now, even though it is not Chillar. I'm not sure I've hated a player more than Chillar during the TT era. I'd rather hug & high-five 2008 drama-queen-Favre before I even was in the same room with ole Brandon Chillar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: