Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introductions: Part 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5thStringQB wrote:
Born in Oconomowoc and lived my days out in Kenosha until my admission to Arizona State (Go Sparky) been a Packers fan since the beginning!

Played a little football in pre high school and for the first couple years as a RB/QB/KR/PassRush but quit because my HS team decided they didn't need the WR position (Rolling Eyes) Got to play against Montee Ball which I'll tell my grandchildren. Fondest memories of being a Packer fan include the Brett-Jennings Denver OT Touchdown, Rodgers-Cobb game winner in 2013, and the 2010 NFC Championship game Rodgers bootleg TD which I got to witness firsthand Dancing

With regards to football and this forum, I'm a draft aficionado first and foremost who is looking to learn more about some of the more subtle nuances of the game. Despite limited experience, my track record is pretty good as far as pegging those "Packer Prospects". Out of the 3 or 4 mock drafts I typically do during draft season I've been able to peg

2012: Nick Perry, Jerel Worthy, Casey Hayward
2013: Eddie Lacy, Jonathan Franklin, Micah Hyde, JC Tretter, (Chris Harper) (Patrick Lewis)
2014: HaHa Clinton-Dix, Davante Adams, Carl Bradford, Jared Abbrederis, Jeff Janis

/bragging. Keep in mind these are spread out over multiple mocks and I rarely peg the correct slot

Favorite All Time Packers:

Brett Favre
Greg Jennings
Aaron Rodgers
Randall Cobb
Eddie Lacy

Glad to have you 5thStringQB. Reading your fondest memories immediately led me to youtube to relive some of those memories again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to find a good forum. I've been a Packers fan since I was a kid the mid-90's, though I was born and raised in Cowboy country (had to be a rebel, I guess). Favre was also incredibly fun to watch. I started at DE for my last 2 yrs in high school, but was a bit too small for DE at the FBS level and not quite fast enough for LB. it was FBS or bust for me, so I hung up the cleats and got an engineering degree. I still miss playing the game, but have been able to satiate myself by digging into the X's & O's.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TransientTexan wrote:
nice to find a good forum. I've been a Packers fan since I was a kid the mid-90's, though I was born and raised in Cowboy country (had to be a rebel, I guess). Favre was also incredibly fun to watch. I started at DE for my last 2 yrs in high school, but was a bit too small for DE at the FBS level and not quite fast enough for LB. it was FBS or bust for me, so I hung up the cleats and got an engineering degree. I still miss playing the game, but have been able to satiate myself by digging into the X's & O's.

Welcome! If you would like I can make you a signature and avatar. I have a request thread in the graphics forum or you can PM for a request. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Been following the Packers since I started taking an interest in football in the 2003 season. Played two years of JV in high school, but switched to track and field (throwing) after a couple seasons of getting pretty battered up as a very undersized ILB. Just finished up at community college, and just turned down an admissions offer to Cal to study philosophy at UC Davis.

Movies:
Primer
Upstream Color

Packers:
Donald Driver
Samkon Gado

Music
kind of wore myself out on it. I still listen to some ambient type stuff
Csraverage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy NFL Sunday fellas. I've been reading / sporadically posting on this forum since 2006, and just discovered the introductions thread (observant..I know).

Ich heisse Will, & I live in good ol' Tampa Bay *insert Fart Noise here*. I played DB, RB, & QB in high school, where I backed up our starting QB who happened to be the principle's son (Like a bad teen movie). However, when I found out that my knowledge of football far exceeded my body's athletic capability, I turned to other outlets. I enjoy the full beer spectrum (Tasting, Discovering & Brewing). I also enjoy creating art & music (having been active in the Tampa Art/Music scene since '05). I am a multimedia designer by trade, & love videography / graphic design / web design. I desire to leave the sunshine state very much so & see what else the world has to offer in places farther away from the equator.

I've been a die hard Packers fan since watching my dad have a meltdown during a Packers / Cowboys game during the mid 90's. I visibly saw how upset he got, & watched years tick off his life...yet somehow....I thought it would be a good idea to root for this team.

Favorite Sports Team(s): Packers / Braves / UGA Bulldogs / Lightning / Hawks
Favorite Packer(s): OLD - Nitschke, 90's - William Henderson, 2000's - Woody, Current Roster - Josh Sitton
Favorite Packer Moment: Al Harris pick 6 against the Seahawks / Ahman Green's 98yard td run against the Broncos.
Favorite Passion: Playing shows (Check it out "Vil Hellum")
Favorite Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis / Tommy Lee Jones
Favorite Actress: Charlize Theron
Favorite Movie: Wayne's World / Gangs of New York (eclectic I know)
Favorite Beer: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse / Innis & Gunn Oak Aged
Favorite Superhero: Deadpool / Capt A
Favorite Band(s) / Musician(s): Iron Maiden, Garth Brooks, Avenged Sevenfold, Elvis Presley, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ray Charles, Temptations

Billy1986

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time lurker, first time poster (apart from one on kicker thread a few minutes ago!). I've been reading this forum for a few years mainly for postgame analysis, mocks and Palmys breakdowns of prospects but never got around to posting.

I am from Ireland, lived a bit in Australia and spent a few months also living in Chicago - moving to Toronto either in December or January also, so hopefully I should finally get around to visiting Lambeau next season. Now if I do, I will be sure to alert everyone in advance since I have been to two road games before that each ranked up there with the worst of Favre's career in GB and the most painful to watch of the last 12 years - the "battle for homefield" in Tampa Bay where Sapp infamously took out Clifton from behind and Favre threw four picks.

I actually only got into the sport around March 2002 through the Madden games (and yes, I did spent There's Something About Mary wondering who the hell this Brett Fav-re guy was Laughing ). The NFL isn't big over here but has picked up a lot in popularity in recent years, especially with the London games. Picked the Packers after that thrilling 37-34 OT win against the Falcons, and just happened to be in Florida a few months later so got myself a ticket.

The second game I went to I figured couldn't be any worse. Thats what I told myself. We were having a very poor 2005 season, but then again so was our opposition that night. So it couldn't be awful, especially since they didn't have a great offense or anything, right? Well, that turned opponent turned out to be the Ravens, in the worst defeat in MNF history at 48-3! On the plus side, I can boast that I was there for Aaron Rodgers first meaningful game time (8/15, 65yds and 1 pick) - he had attempted and completed a 0 yard pass a few weeks earlier against NO, but that doesn't count. Wink

So anyway, whatever game in do go to I will let everyone know in advance so we don't get our hopes up. In the meantime I'll be sure to post in here a bit, especially on late games since its hard to get anyone to discuss the match with at 4am this side of the pond!

Edit: to add...

Favourite Packers: Rodgers, CMIII, Jordy, Shields and Q. Good auld Q.
Favourite ever Packers: the first three above, Collins, Sharper, Ahman Green and Clifton.
Favourite ever non Packer: Ed Reed.
Favourite movies: Millers Crossing, Glengarry Glen Ross, I Went Down (if you like In Bruges, you'll love this) and Big Lebowski.
Favourite TV: Peep Show (best sitcom of the last 20 years, BBC but all on YouTube as well), GOT, The Wire, and Firefly if I feel like getting my nerd on. :p
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you sound alright

welcome aboard
kgthekid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered how non-Americans are able to follow primetime NFL games, particularly with the time difference.

But welcome aboard, Billy!

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy1986 wrote:
moving to Toronto either in December or January

heyoo! whats up buddy. Canadian Packers fans unite!

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Bring Me My Bow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers fan from England over here. Started to take a vague interest in football back in '06 when I was given Madden for my birthday (boy did it take me a long time to figure that game out) although I didn't really get into the sport until we got Sky Sports at home a year or so later. First game I watched was GB shutting out the Vikes at Lambeau (07 week 10) but that's not why I'm a Packers fan. My dad has a friend who lives in Oshkosh, WI, so is obviously a Packers fan, and some time before I can remember he gave me and my dad a Packers hat each. I thought it was the best thing in the world and wore it every day for years so when I figured out what 'Green Bay Packers' was, it just came naturally.

Other sports I'm into are cricket, rugby (either code), soccer, baseball, but football's number 1 for me.

I'm a college student here in Liverpool so I imagine I'll go between being on here all the time and being largely absent for weeks or months. In any case I don't intend to post much to start with because my knowledge is embarrassingly poor (not easy following a sport from the other side of the world) so I'm mostly here to learn.

Favourite current Packers: Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Clay Matthews, Eddie Lacy, HHCD, Davon House, Kuuuuuhhhhnnn
Favourite ex-Packers: Brett Favre, Charles Woodson, Nick Collins

Can anyone point me towards somewhere I can find some decent graphics for a signature and/or avatar? And finally: Hello!
abr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker who finally registered.

Favorite All Time Packers
Tom Crabtree (now a N.O. Saint)
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
Aaron Rodgers
Donald Driver

Favorite non-Packer athletes of All Time
Matt Kenseth
Lebron James

Favorite Movies:
Into the Wild
Cable Guy
Audition
Napoleon Dynamite

Music- Metal, Techno, Trance
Hotties- Tirunesh Dibaba
Actors- Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston
TV Shows- Breaking Bad, the Office
Comedians Jim Gaffigan
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abr wrote:
Lurker who finally registered.

Favorite All Time Packers
Tom Crabtree (now a N.O. Saint)
Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
Aaron Rodgers
Donald Driver

Favorite non-Packer athletes of All Time
Matt Kenseth
Lebron James

Favorite Movies:
Into the Wild
Cable Guy
Audition
Napoleon Dynamite

Music- Metal, Techno, Trance
Hotties- Tirunesh Dibaba
Actors- Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Bryan Cranston
TV Shows- Breaking Bad, the Office
Comedians Jim Gaffigan

Good to have you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: