Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick Signed: What does that mean for Russell?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
imani wrote:
Shoe deals? Laughing

http://www.tsmplug.com/richlist/nike-highest-paid-endorsement-deals/

i didn't see a football player on that list....

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Finchy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
hdshot wrote:
imani wrote:
Shoe deals? Laughing

Number 11
imani

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
imani wrote:
hdshot wrote:
imani wrote:
Shoe deals? Laughing

Number 11

Sorry, I meant football of the non-boring sort Wink

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson may have had a big win on the field during the Super Bowl, but he stands to have an even bigger win off the field.

Not all about the shoes.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/2014/02/03/140203-Russell-Wilson-Brand.aspx

http://www.networth2013.com/russell-wilson-net-worth/

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-02-02/manning-s-millions-vanish-as-newcomer-wilson-poised-to-cash-in#p1

Johnny getting deals.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10564858/johnny-manziel-signs-multi-year-endorsement-contract-nike

Manning missed out on more than becoming the first quarterback to lead multiple franchises to Super Bowl championships. A second ring, marketers said, would have meant another $3 million to $5 million annually and catapulted him into an iconic group of athlete endorsers that includes Jordan, former soccer player David Beckham and golfer Tiger Woods.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
No way in hell Russell Wilson takes 10M a year. That would be insulting of us to offer him so little

100 million in ten years insulting? If he sucks up all the cap then there would be nothing left but to insult the others. RW still gets a huge chunk I'm sure for all the 3 jerseys he would sell.
Hell yes that's insulting. That's 50% of what Flacco and Kaep are getting. How is that not insulting?

You're looking at this entirely the wrong way. What Russell makes through endorsments and whatever else is in no way factored into the contract we will or he deserves to be offered. I would be embarrassed for our franchise if we offered Wilson only 10M a year

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
silus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
The real money comes in endorsements with more rings the better and RW would have no problems getting tv deals for the NFL when his career is over. Hope RW wants to play with quality instead of Wal-Mart or Costco talent and understands real money can come after football but has to be a winner. Is he thinking long term or short term? I'm hoping 10 mil a year for ten years most guaranteed and he gets his huge shoe and soda deals while becoming a house hold name like Tiger Woods once was. RW has the gift to do that unlike Kap.

Mmmkay, you can sit down now. *pat on the head*
hdshot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
No way in hell Russell Wilson takes 10M a year. That would be insulting of us to offer him so little

100 million in ten years insulting? If he sucks up all the cap then there would be nothing left but to insult the others. RW still gets a huge chunk I'm sure for all the 3 jerseys he would sell.
Hell yes that's insulting. That's 50% of what Flacco and Kaep are getting. How is that not insulting?

You're looking at this entirely the wrong way. What Russell makes through endorsments and whatever else is in no way factored into the contract we will or he deserves to be offered. I would be embarrassed for our franchise if we offered Wilson only 10M a year

I'm just looking out for cap space and looking at the huge contracts we just handed out and the loss of Tate to keep Sherm and ET. Is it even possible to pay RW not to end up like the GB, bears, cowboys, or steelers. Flacco has been in the league for awhile before his huge contract and has been a keeper since the ravens got him. Agents like the way you think and yes would be a low ball but only to keep talent for RW that won't a chance to make those endorsement deals. If you read Manning could have lost 5 mill a year after SB 48. Tiger was worth almost 3/4 of a billion dollars before his cheating scandal? He didn't get that way from winnings. Yep that's right he was a winner and that's what endorsements pay big bucks for is winners.

I guess the alexander deal is just still fresh in my mind and had to lose hutch. I just remember that gut feeling we were going to suck and history has that thing of rearing its ugly head again.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying this like its fact but i think he will go after the most money possible and i can understand a NFL players average career is 3 years he might take a little less or structure it in a way to keep players.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look RW will get paid. He's a Top 7 QB in the league. He is better than Kaep and he just got paid. Now the salary cap is supposed to grow by 15-20M over the next 2 years and who knows beyond that. The money from endorsements is beer money compared to their NFL contracts. I am not going to worry about RW 20+M contract because we might not be able to bring in all the luxury free agents like we have in the past. We certainty will be able to develop draft day talent. I think that's why they were comfortable with letting some of the bloated contracts go this year.

JS and PC are not idiots. They have a plan in place and that means paying Wilson.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
I guess the alexander deal is just still fresh in my mind and had to lose hutch. I just remember that gut feeling we were going to suck and history has that thing of rearing its ugly head again.
Jones and Alexander were on historic contracts and we still were going to work out Hutch without the poison pill coming into play

This is just the nature of the beast. When it gets time to sign russell it just becomes that much more important to draft well

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
TheGame316

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 year, 180 million, 80 million guaranteed.... book it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: