Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Team Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm still amazed that Harbs thinks that Darian Stewart is or can be our starting Free Safety.

Coach-speak. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't see why he would just deliberately lie to the fans and media when he could just say "Darian will compete for a spot on ST and as a role player for us"

I don't see why you take everything a coach says to the media as gospel?

What logic is there behind telling the fans everything exactly the way he believes? Because by doing that, he's telling the entire league. If he did that, you'd likely criticize him for being incompetent and tipping our hand to 31 other teams and mention how Pete Carroll wouldn't ever do that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now the only spots I'm worried about at all are on the offensive line and cornerback. At this point it's looking like the team wants to keep Osemele at left guard and the main competition at right tackle is between Wagner and Jensen. I really hope KO can be effective there in Kubiak's scheme. Jensen being kicked back outside after playing left tackle for most of his college career (I think) is interesting. The competition for backup spots on the interior is pretty crowded with the addition of Urshel so if Jensen can be at least a depth guy on the outside that would be great. Hurst might factor in too. He's someone I could see making the roster for being a legitimate swing tackle backup option. I'm not sure anybody else on the roster can actually play left tackle if Monroe gets hurt (knock on wood). Like I mentioned before Jensen played there in college but I'm not sure about his NFL prospects at that position.

Who knows what happens with cornerback. I'd be surprised if a veteran isn't added at some point before the season begins but as of now there's been no signs of who that may be.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KO would be our next best option at LT. He was going to be our LT at the start of last year if we didn't resign McKinnie.

I think we have enough depth to find a RT who can play the scheme. I'm only worried about the #3/4 CB spot. Especially with Jimmy and Webb's injury history. Shocky and Asa are the two most important players to watch in the preseason.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
KO would be our next best option at LT. He was going to be our LT at the start of last year if we didn't resign McKinnie.

I think we have enough depth to find a RT who can play the scheme. I'm only worried about the #3/4 CB spot. Especially with Jimmy and Webb's injury history. Shocky and Asa are the two most important players to watch in the preseason.

I absolutely never want to see that happen.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Well, I never said it was a good option Laughing
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Well, I never said it was a good option Laughing

I remember the talk of Osemele getting some looks there is another option wasn't brought in but I hope it was just a "let's see what he looks like there" kind of deal. I'm a fan of Osemele but not in that position. If he can meet the mobility requirements for a guard in Kubiak's scheme then great because in practically any other system his best fit is inside. It's still something I don't feel totally comfortable with right now though.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

That seems like a move Harbaugh would make. "Hmmm, we've got a guy thriving at his position right now. Better change him positions for no reason at all!"

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: