Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T 5: Carroll receives extention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lards wrote:
Who is next to Golden? looks so much like Lance Stephenson lol

1. That's Phil Bates

2. That looks NOTHING like Lance Stephenson

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We waived 6th Round Pick G/T Garrett Scott today

Quote:
#Seahawks have waived 6th-round pick Garrett Scott because of a rare heart condition. Signed his rookie deal yesterday. That's rough.

Source: @TomPelissero Twitter

I find it pretty shocking that it wasn't uncovered during the pre-draft process and it sucks to lose a draft pick this early. Very disappointing. Did we even give him a medical before drafting the kid? Should have taken LDT from Canada!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Actually a pretty cool move by Seattle. By signing Scott, it likely entitles him to receive his signing bonus despite not playing.

Quote:
Zach Whitman @Cablinasian

@DavisHsuSeattle also gives him insurance for the year, apparently.
lards

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks for the guy but classy move by the hawks.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
We waived 6th Round Pick G/T Garrett Scott today

Quote:
#Seahawks have waived 6th-round pick Garrett Scott because of a rare heart condition. Signed his rookie deal yesterday. That's rough.

Source: @TomPelissero Twitter

I find it pretty shocking that it wasn't uncovered during the pre-draft process and it sucks to lose a draft pick this early. Very disappointing. Did we even give him a medical before drafting the kid? Should have taken LDT from Canada!

Would have loved LDT over Scott. But on average (NFL not Seattle) how many 6th round guys actually make the 53 man roster. I do think its classy even though they should have figured it out earlier.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353687/article/pete-carroll-earl-thomas-could-return-punts-in-2014

Quote:

At the opening of Seahawks OTAs on Tuesday, Carroll told reporters that All-Pro safety Earl Thomas would handle punt-return duties if the season started today. Carroll added that Percy Harvin, Richard Sherman and Bryan Walters were also potential options to replace Tate, who was back on every punt but one in 2013.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353687/article/pete-carroll-earl-thomas-could-return-punts-in-2014

Quote:

At the opening of Seahawks OTAs on Tuesday, Carroll told reporters that All-Pro safety Earl Thomas would handle punt-return duties if the season started today. Carroll added that Percy Harvin, Richard Sherman and Bryan Walters were also potential options to replace Tate, who was back on every punt but one in 2013.

I don't want Harvin, Sherman or Thomas doing full time punt return to be honest. They are all either too valuable, too costly ($$) or too prone to injuries or some combination thereof.

I know special teams is important and it's often devalued by casual observers but I don't condone trotting one your best player to be subjected to undue risk to injury. I used to coach ST and I knew that I would have to find guys in the bottom third of the roster to do the things we needed to do. You wouldn't ask Russell Wilson to return punts - Earl Thomas is just as valuable to the defense.

With all that said, I don't expect ET to actually be the Full Time PR guy. The emphasis here seemed to be "...if the season started today..." We're a long way from Week 1... It'll be interesting to see who takes the job.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: