Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Panthers Talk, But It's Solid-Anything Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19272
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ryan. I love that guy.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
burnoutonme


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 878
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the slow season begin, y'all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24926
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Let the slow season begin, y'all.


Speaking of that....
I have game rewind, so last night I watched an old 2012 game and followed along with the posts in the GDT on here. Laughing
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2305
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, this page is dead! I am surprised there is no "should we bring Andre Johnson to Carolina?" thread. Just saying...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FriendlyEnemy


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 2053
Location: USA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Man, this page is dead! I am surprised there is no "should we bring Andre Johnson to Carolina?" thread. Just saying...


We have 5 million in cap room, and his cap number would be about 11 million. It won't happen.

I think we will look at guys like Chris Houston and Eric Winston closer to training camp and preseason. They can come in and contribute but would come at a much lower cost
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tbrown2699


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 2305
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Man, this page is dead! I am surprised there is no "should we bring Andre Johnson to Carolina?" thread. Just saying...


We have 5 million in cap room, and his cap number would be about 11 million. It won't happen.

I think we will look at guys like Chris Houston and Eric Winston closer to training camp and preseason. They can come in and contribute but would come at a much lower cost

Yea, I know... just merely pointing out how dead this site is. Usually when a rumor comes out about a big name player someone starts a thread and we all tell the thread maker how it will never happen and how we don't have the money and how he doesn't fit our system, etc, etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FriendlyEnemy


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 2053
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
FriendlyEnemy wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Man, this page is dead! I am surprised there is no "should we bring Andre Johnson to Carolina?" thread. Just saying...


We have 5 million in cap room, and his cap number would be about 11 million. It won't happen.

I think we will look at guys like Chris Houston and Eric Winston closer to training camp and preseason. They can come in and contribute but would come at a much lower cost

Yea, I know... just merely pointing out how dead this site is. Usually when a rumor comes out about a big name player someone starts a thread and we all tell the thread maker how it will never happen and how we don't have the money and how he doesn't fit our system, etc, etc...


Everybody right now is in the Basketball forum Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICB 45


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 190
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm hoping one of you guys would help me out.

My wife and I were considering moving from Boston to the Charlotte area next summer and just wondering everyone's opinion on the area. I work in Finance and she works in Healthcare and it seems like Charlotte is a great city for both careers.

The housing market compared to Boston is incredibly cheap and the weather and quality of life/affordability down there are no brainers. For anyone that lives around the area, what is your overall impression of it? From everyone I've talked to, it seems like they love it. Any downsides? How are restaurants and overall entertainment? Is it a walkable city? Are there any bad areas I should avoid living in? We would probably rent an apartment in the city for a few months first and then buy, but just trying to scope out opinions. Visiting downtown for the first time in October and really looking forward to it. Hopefully at this time next year, I will be a regular member of this forum (provided you let me keep my Patriots dual fanship card Wink )

Best of luck to the Panthers this season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boondock


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 21259
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I frequent Charlotte regularly, don't live there. It's a great area for 3 professions; healthcare, banking/finance, and IT. Everyone I know in Charlotte is involved in one of the 3 of those.

I work in healthcare IT. The hospital I work at now used to be affiliated with Carolina Health System, whom your wife would more than likely be employed by; they are a great organization. There's also Novant, who is also a good organization. Tons of independent places as well. My wife and I often thought 2-3 years ago about moving to Charlotte when she was laid off where we live at now because she could find more than enough work doing MRI as there was always 4-5 jobs opened in that area.

As for housing, I don't know too much, most of the people I know live towards Dilworth, Myers Park, and Ballantyne. Even some just go over the border into SC and live in Fort Mill or Rock Hill. Each one of those gets further away from the uptown area. I've heard that the north part of Charlotte (Mecklenburg) can be rough and it's also the university area. Some people I know even live in Gastonia, which I have heard is nice as well. It all depends on how close you want to live to the city, if you want to be within 5 minute driving distance or be able to take a cab or light rail, you'll want Dilworth or Myers Park.

There is a lot of food and entertainment options around the area. Uptown is very walkable, you can usually park for $5 and walk the whole area with a lot of restaurants and bars. Several concert venues like Filmore and Amos South End. It's also pretty affordable to grab a hotel room if you have too much.

It's a great city that's showing a lot of growth, great place for young people in their early to mid, even late 20's to kick off their careers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24926
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my dream to live in Charlotte eventually.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13507
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to bump an old Steve Smith thread so I just put it in here but...

http://blackandbluereview.com/steve-smith-panthers-mind-even-week-1/

"And if you think (insert expletive here) I can't play, you gonna find out Week 4, (insert expletive here)!"

Uh-oh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24926
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Didn't want to bump an old Steve Smith thread so I just put it in here but...

http://blackandbluereview.com/steve-smith-panthers-mind-even-week-1/

"And if you think (insert expletive here) I can't play, you gonna find out Week 4, (insert expletive here)!"

Uh-oh.




Uh-oh.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 4008
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Didn't want to bump an old Steve Smith thread so I just put it in here but...

http://blackandbluereview.com/steve-smith-panthers-mind-even-week-1/

"And if you think (insert expletive here) I can't play, you gonna find out Week 4, (insert expletive here)!"

Uh-oh.




Uh-oh.


Laughing

Sorry Steve, that's a battle you'll lose.

Side note, last night I saw Mike Mitchell put a few licks on Steve. Maybe some pent up aggression?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 2220
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember when michael sam clearing waivers and johnny manziel not starting/flipping off the bench were the big controversies?


those were the good ol days
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 2220
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

media and fans: the panthers are the most likely first to worst team


Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group