Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GB Detailed Cap Prospectus (Updated 5/20/2014)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll post updates tonight when I get home, but:

@RashaanSalaami: #Packers with $14.975M cap space after Thornton and proj. $13.474M after the last 3 rookie contracts fall into space.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the new DirecTV deal alone, we could be seeing a Cap Increase between 4.6 and 6.25 Million. Early guesstimate.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Based on the new DirecTV deal alone, we could be seeing a Cap Increase between 4.6 and 6.25 Million. Early guesstimate.

I think they are talking huge jumps the next two years to like a 160M cap in 2016.

What knd of savings from Raji are we looking at moving to IR?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
SDN40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong forum

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
Polaris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing some calculations using the figures from Spotrac.com.

The projected cap for 2015 is $138M. We have a rollover of about $7M but we usually just keep that so we have some flexibility to maneuver, but I'll include that nonetheless.

According to spotrac.com, we're already committed to around $122M in 2015 salaries and bonuses. Cutting Hawk and Jones would save us $7M, which would put us about $23M under the cap and if you include the $7M we can rollover we are about $30M to sign our FAs and anybody else we'd like.

Cobb at $8? Bulaga at $7? Tramon at $6? That puts us at only about $9M under the cap, not counting the rookies or any of the other FAs we have....Kuhn, Bush, Barclay, House, Richardson, Banjo, etc.....or allowing us to carry $7M in cap space.

If these figures are close to being right, then something's going to have to give.
nmesser13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

The projected cap for 2015 is $138M. We have a rollover of about $7M but we usually just keep that so we have some flexibility to maneuver, but I'll include that nonetheless.

According to spotrac.com, we're already committed to around $122M in 2015 salaries and bonuses. Cutting Hawk and Jones would save us $7M, which would put us about $23M under the cap and if you include the $7M we can rollover we are about $30M to sign our FAs and anybody else we'd like.

Cobb at $8? Bulaga at $7? Tramon at $6? That puts us at only about $9M under the cap, not counting the rookies or any of the other FAs we have....Kuhn, Bush, Barclay, House, Richardson, Banjo, etc.....or allowing us to carry $7M in cap space.

If these figures are close to being right, then something's going to have to give.

I think you are close on Cobb and Bulaga. Much less for Tramon. How do your calculations take into effect the Peppers contract?
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:

Early estimations seem that $138M is the low end of that estimation, and the NFL's high estimation is $141M. I don't think there's going to be the massive jump that there was this past offseason, but I also don't think that $138M is right either. Seems very conservative if you ask me.

Also, Bulaga seems like too much. Unless a team is paying him LT (which likely wouldn't be the Packers), that's on par with top RT money and given his injury history that's unlikely. And is Tramon really worth top 20 money? Based on his up and down play and career trajectory, I'd lean towards no.

GBPackers79 wrote:
Learn how to internet.

Packers To-Do List
1a.) Re-Sign Randall Cobb
1b.) Re-Sign Bryan Bulaga
1c.) Draft a MIKE
Polaris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In free agency, the value of any player is determined by the bidder who prizes him the most. $7 million for Bulaga? It's top RT money for a former first round pick who's only 25. Or good money for a LT. Same with Tramon.......if you're a team that has a big need for a starting corner, you'd gladly pay him $6 million.

I could be wrong and I frequently am. I'd love to be wrong here and get both of these guys for less. But I think these guys will get offers in this area and if we want to keep them, that's what we'll have to bring to the table.

As regards to the questions on Peppers contract....the Packers are going to have to do something. Even though he was our best defensive player last year, I just don't see bringing him back at that price. So that's another possibility of being able to free up some more cap space.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
In free agency, the value of any player is determined by the bidder who prizes him the most. $7 million for Bulaga? It's top RT money for a former first round pick who's only 25. Or good money for a LT. Same with Tramon.......if you're a team that has a big need for a starting corner, you'd gladly pay him $6 million.

I could be wrong and I frequently am. I'd love to be wrong here and get both of these guys for less. But I think these guys will get offers in this area and if we want to keep them, that's what we'll have to bring to the table.

As regards to the questions on Peppers contract....the Packers are going to have to do something. Even though he was our best defensive player last year, I just don't see bringing him back at that price. So that's another possibility of being able to free up some more cap space.

Peppers was our 4th best defensive player last year.
Playoffs: the combined record of Brady, Manning, Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, Young, Staubach, Jim Kelly, Phil Simms, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, Ben Roethlisberger when their defenses have given up 37 or more points? It's 0-24.
Polaris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that would depend on the definition of "best". I was using it in the context that he was involved in more turnover plays than any other defender.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: