Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&Ps Offseason Grades: FA and Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: R&Ps Offseason Grades: FA and Draft Reply with quote

Free Agency: Acquisitions:
1. Michael Johnson DE 5 years 43 Million
- Like this move as we get that RDE off the edge that can provide pressure. Double Digit sacks in 2012, his production dipped in 2013, but remember Atkins was out half the season. He still ranked 4th as a 4-3 DE in providing heat off the edge. Solid in the run game. Can't give this one an A bc part of his game still is untapped upside. Playing with McCoy could only bring back the 2012 production.

Grade: B

2. Alterraun Verner CB : 4 years 26 Million
- This move was an absolute Steal in my opinion. Verner was a 2nd Team All-Pro, ball-hawking CB who I had rated as an underrated star in the making back in 2010 draft as a prospect. Now we get him for slightly over 6 MM a year and he fits like a glove in Lovies system. Excellent move and value.

Grade: A+

3. Anthony Collins T: 5 years 30 Million
- Collins graded out as a top 15 pass protector last year and fits the ZBS scheme we seem to be running. I don't mind this move because he's shown he could do well at the LT spot and keep the QB clean. Only issue is he has limited snaps, which could be a good or bad thing, pending which way you look at it.

4. Eric Demetrie Smith C: 4 years 16 MM
- I love this move again and he's another fit in our offensive scheme who was graded out as a top 5 Center this past season. The value again, can only speak praises what Licht has done with allocating Darelle Revis money.

5. Clinton McDonald: 4 Years 12 MM
- This is another solid move. He excelled with 5.5 sacks in the deep and vaunted d-line rotation in Seattle. It's questionable to see how he'll hold up as a full time DT, but I see a rotation with Spence and some time at the 3-tech to spell McCoy.

Grade: B+

6. Brandon Myers TE: 2 years 4.5 Million
- This could be a hidden gem here. He produced a 79 catch season in 2012 in Oakland. His numbers declined in NYG as they never utilize the TE as a main option. Myers has some skill and finds holes in the defense. Could be your 1st down machine who gets open.

7. Josh McCown QB: 2 years 10.5 MM
- I'm up in the air on this move. If we grade him out as a back up, then thats fine, but thats a bit too much for a back up QB. So obviously, we paid him to be the "Bridge " Starter, only that bridge is to Mike Glennon. McCown stepped in and played solid in 5 games. But I can't help but notice a lot of dropped INTs and poor decisions he got away with.

Grade: C
Depth Moves:
- SS Major Wright- B
- WR Louis Murphey- B-
- WR Lavelle Hawkins- C
- G/T Oneil Cousins- D ( He was terrible in Cleveland, better options but no cap issues)
- G/T Jamon MEredith (Re-signed)- B+
- CB Mike Jenkins- B+
- LB Dane Fletcher - C+
- LB Jonathon Casillas (re-signed): B

DRAFT:
1st round: Mike Evans WR Texas AM
- Love this move. Future #1 WR in this league. Why not team him up to develop under a refined route runner in Vincent Jackson for the next 2-3 years before he takes his spot?

Grade: A

2nd Round: Austin S. Jenkins TE Washington
- I honestly preferred Jimmy Garoppolo here, but I'm not ticked with what we did. Jenkins is a well rounded TE similar to Gronk who can block and can be a dynamic weapon in the middle of the field, something we've lacked consistently for a while.

3rd: Charlie Sims RB West Virginia
- I understand the confusion, but some Buc fans need to remember: We've been complaining about the lack of explosive playmakers on offense for how long? Sims fits the mold as an explosive playmaker out of the backfield. BPA

5th: Kadeem Edwards G Tennessee State
- Interior G with upside. Dominated his competition and held his own at the Senior Bowl.

Grade : B

5th: Kevin Pamphile T/G Purdue
- I didn't get the need to move up for him, but it's a later round pick who's got some upside and development to go. I preferred Andrew Norwell to be honest.

Grade: C-

6th: Robert Herron WR Wyoming
- Short, thick and fast WR who many of the bigger CBs had a hard time jamming at the Senior Bowl. I'm absolutely shocked he didn't go mid day two to at the latest early 4th. This could be an aboslute Steal. Great pick.

Have at it.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that other teams had their eyes on Pamphile around where we got him.

He's raw as hell, but he's got the physical tools to be molded onto whatever we want.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I read somewhere that other teams had their eyes on Pamphile around where we got him.

He's raw as hell, but he's got the physical tools to be molded onto whatever we want.

I understand the move. I just saw Andrew Norwell as a better player. Stronger and can move and also play LG/RG/RT. We still don't have a guy who can play Center though if something happened to Smith.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I understand the move. I just saw Andrew Norwell as a better player. Stronger and can move and also play LG/RG/RT. We still don't have a guy who can play Center though if something happened to Smith.

Wasn't norwell a UDFA so i doubt we were high on him

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

All in all, this offseason was a success. You're not Guranteed to hit on all of your draft picks or even FA pick ups. The Pamphile pick wasn't considered a bad pick at all considering the risk of the 5th round was very very very minimal. It's just it's questionable when a few DTs were on the board (Beau Allen) and DE Jackson Jeffcoat were on the board. Can't really give this an excellent grade if it's an OK move can ya? And I had Norwell high on my board. Love his game and he might end up being a UDFA steal, like several Offensive Lineman.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Yup. Signed with panthers too.

I like the Pamphile pick a ton. Tons of upside, basketball background means some quick feet

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Martin comes out the game we shouldn't miss a beat or see much of a drop off. That Sims guy has moves and he has good vision. Offensively we're set besides the ? at QB.

Defensively we did a great job handling our depth concerns. This is Adrian Clayborn make or break year at LDE. We need McDonald to pan out as a pass rusher and Spence to be a force next year. 2015 needs not looking too bad as of late. We need our #3 CB to hold his own and whoever wins that job to be ready to be a force. DJ Moore and Mike Jenkins will battle out for the job but I'm pretty sure we could probably find better talent at nickel CB next year.

Potential 2015 needs:
Guard, Defensive End, and Cornerback
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say we need to look on the market for a June 1 potential DT or G/c. I'm not sold on spence behind McCoy/McDonald 100%. Another DT to solidify depth is a must IMO.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I still say we need to look on the market for a June 1 potential DT or G/c. I'm not sold on spence behind McCoy/McDonald 100%. Another DT to solidify depth is a must IMO.

Agreed I like the McDonald/Spence rotating duo but we need a good DT behind McCoy in case he gets hurt.

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 13 Catches 134 Yards 2 TDs
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Falcons set this game to Rookie and the Bucs are being controlled by Hellen Keller.
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Brett Smith grade?

Disappointed. Laughing

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
No Brett Smith grade?

Disappointed. Laughing

Obviously that's an "A" but I kept it focused towards draft picks and offseason acquisitions.
Huddle

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys i am a dolphins fan but the Buccs are my second Team and for me the Buccs killed the Draft and offseason.

For me the Draft is A+

with Evans and Seferian-Jenkins your offense is in Beastmode.

and Free agency A-

Offense and Defense are very very good. Only the QB play is in Question but for me Glennon can improve drastically.

So the Buccs Team is my second choice for win the Super Bowl in 2014 behind the Broncos. Applause

congrats and enjoy a very good season for your Tampa Bay Buccaneers and i dream the Super Bowl :

Miami - Tampa Bay

Dancing

Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! Who Ride!!! We Ride!!! On three!!! One...two...three... LETS RIDE

The Love comes from Karlsruhe (Germany) to Miami for the greatest football team ever !!!
EySlothy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Josh can produce like he did last year, he was a steal, now, obviously the Bears have some beast of a receiver in Jeffery and Marshall who pretty much can catch anything within a 1 mile radius of them.

Even if he should of had a for more interceptions his gameplay was still good.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I goto school with roberts brother

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: